Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump and QAnon gang remain the most influential power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

You have never heard of Blueanon, because it does not exist.
    But you showed us better than either of us ever could, that it does exist.

Any references?
    Oooh, ooh, I've got one! Here you go:
    https://theologyweb.com/campus/member/40-shunyadragon

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
      But you showed us better than either of us ever could, that it does exist.
      Seriously -- I was quite surprised. I honestly didn't know there was anybody but the EXTREME LEFT NUTTERS who still held to the "bludgeoned to death" lie.
      We've had several thread on it.

So, here we have a guy starting a thread about conspiracy theories, and he, himself, is a conspiracy theory nut!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Seriously -- I was quite surprised. I honestly didn't know there was anybody but the EXTREME LEFT NUTTERS who still held to the "bludgeoned to death" lie.
        We've had several thread on it.

So, here we have a guy starting a thread about conspiracy theories, and he, himself, is a conspiracy theory nut!
        Well I'm on Twitter a lot so I knew a lot of people are still peddling that. But definitely surprised that one of them was someone on this forum (especially one upset about conspiracy theories! Conspiracy Theories For Me, Not For Thee!)

Comment

Gaslighting is not only a significant problem in the GOP, it is a sin for any Christian doing it. It is the embodiment of disrespect and manipulation, it completely disregards the targeted person's value and worth before God. And it seeks to make them doubt themselves, even reality itself, all to satisfy the selfish and personal goals of the person engaging in it. It is the work of a destroyer, the embodiment of a lie.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Urban Dictionary: Blue Anon

Blue Anon

The definition of "Blue Anon" is "a loosely organized network of Democrat voters, politicians and media personalities who spread left-wing conspiracy theories."
            "Blue Anon adherents fervently believe that right-wing extremists are going to storm Capitol Hill any day now and "remove" lawmakers from office, hence the need for the deployment of thousands of National Guard stationed at the US Capitol."
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Cannot prove the negative. It can be proved that QAnon is widely believed and endorsed by Republicans including QAnon conspiracies..

Can you prove that it exists?
              All QAnon proves is that there are plenty of nuts and conspiracists in the world. You may highlight one faction of them for your political advantage, but they are all over the place, and all over the political map, and they believe all sorts of nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                Urban Dictionary: Blue Anon

Blue Anon

The definition of "Blue Anon" is "a loosely organized network of Democrat voters, politicians and media personalities who spread left-wing conspiracy theories."
                "Blue Anon adherents fervently believe that right-wing extremists are going to storm Capitol Hill any day now and "remove" lawmakers from office, hence the need for the deployment of thousands of National Guard stationed at the US Capitol."
                Yeah exactly - it's a made up term by those that want to play down their own party's connections to QAnon.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Yeah exactly - it's a made up term by those that want to play down their own party's connections to QAnon.
                  All words are made up

-Thor
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

All QAnon proves is that there are plenty of nuts and conspiracists in the world. You may highlight one faction of them for your political advantage, but they are all over the place, and all over the political map, and they believe all sorts of nonsense.
                    The issue is not QAnon per se. We've had moon landing deniers, holocaust deniers, the illuminatti, 911 conspiracists, JFK shooting conspiracists etc etc etc

The issue is the widespread adoption of QAnon by a large contingent of GOP members, usually stanch Trump supporters, his refusal to speak against the conspiracy itself and call it what it is, and their close association with not just members of the GOP, but elected officials in the GOP. QAnon is not just nuttery, it's on the fast track to becoming institutionalized nuttery and it is gaining access to real power.

Comment

All words are made up

-Thor
                      All words are created by people. But not all words are 'made up'. Most words describe real things. Table, Chair, Gasoline, walking, singing etc. Blueanon belongs along side Unicorn, Awk, Goblin and a whole host of 'made up' things that don't exist in the real world.

Comment

All words are created by people. But not all words are 'made up'. Most words describe real things. Table, Chair, Gasoline, walking, singing etc. Blueanon belongs along side Unicorn, Awk, Goblin and a whole host of 'made up' things that don't exist in the real world.
                        That a collection of letters or pictures describe a concrete physical thing in no way means the word itself isn't still made up. All words are made up. That you don't like a concept doesn't make it nonexistent either.
                        That's what
                        - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

The issue is not QAnon per se. We've had moon landing deniers, holocaust deniers, the illuminatti, 911 conspiracists, JFK shooting conspiracists etc etc etc

The issue is the widespread adoption of QAnon by a large contingent of GOP members, usually stanch Trump supporters, his refusal to speak against the conspiracy itself and call it what it is ...
                          Which specific conspiracy are you speaking about? Regional corruption in the 2020 general election? There's nothing "nutty" about that.

and their close association with not just members of the GOP, but elected officials in the GOP. QAnon is not just nuttery, it's on the fast track to becoming institutionalized nuttery and it is gaining access to real power.
                          All assumption. I don't see any widespread nuttery. The QAnon stuff I had heard was that there are elitist pedophiles running amuck in government and Trump is some sort of savior attempting to crush the degenerates. If this is what you are talking about, then fine. But such weird beliefs aren't particularly dangerous to anyone - and I doubt Trump would deny it because it would mean losing votes.

Comment

“ALL words are made-up: Do you think we find them fully formed on the ocean floor, or mine from them in some remote part of Wales?”

- Kory Stamper lexicographer (that is, a writer and editor of dictionaries) at Merriam-Webster (the dictionary).
                            That's what
                            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

That a collection of letters or pictures describe a concrete physical thing in no way means the word itself isn't still made up. All words are made up. That you don't like a concept doesn't make it nonexistent either.
                              I'm not arguing that point, but you do seem quite unwilling to acknowledge the point I am making.

Perhaps more concisely, "blueAnon" is a term created to mock those that express concern over the GOP's connection to QAnon. It doesn't describe any actual conspiracy theory that developed on its own or is adhered to by an actual group of people.

Now I'm absolutely sure you are smart enough to come up with some retort to that. But if you do, the only thing it proves is that you have no interest in civil or rational discourse.

Comment

I'm not arguing that point, but you do seem quite unwilling to acknowledge the point I am making.

Perhaps more concisely, "blueAnon" is a term created to mock those that express concern over the GOP's connection to QAnon. It doesn't describe any actual conspiracy theory that developed on its own or is adhered to by an actual group of people.
                                Not true at all. Or are you denying that there are conspiracy theories originating from the political left?

Now I'm absolutely sure you are smart enough to come up with some retort to that. But if you do, the only thing it proves is that you have no interest in civil or rational discourse.
                                I want you to FINALLY come to the realization that you are neither objective or impartial in any discussion that involves Donald Trump or anything that has been attached to him. Until you can admit to that, then it's YOU who isn't interested in rational discourse.
                                That's what
                                - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment