Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump and QAnon gang remain the most influential power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

It is documented that by far the majority of QAnon believers support Trump, Trump enthusiastically supports those candidates that embrace QAnon since before the 2020 election. Trump has never condemned QAnon, nor even objected to it. There are no Democratic candidates nor elected officials that support QAnon.

Some reference to others outside the Republican Party that support QAnon, but nothing has been provided to support this to any extent. It is likely that some registered Independents support QAnon, but by the polls they vote for Trump, and conservative Republican candidates.

No one here has provided any sources to document anything other than the above.
    At least in it's early stages Trump was a central Element as 'Savior' in the QAnon lore, so I would tend to think outside cherry picking from rare anomalies, it unlikely QAnon itself would have appeal outside Trump supporting circles, at least prior to his election loss. As it evolves over time, who knows. Certainly all the QAnon affiliated and friendly Polititians in DC are also Trump supporting, as are (almost?) all local QAnon friendly political candidates and elected officials.

A few headlines/titles about QAnon that include the Trump cornerstone to the cult:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/what-is...ry-11597694801

Source: above

Adherents of a right-wing group that believes former President Donald Trump was under assault by Satan worshipers were among the mob that stormed the Capitol

© Copyright Original Source

https://www.nytimes.com/article/what-is-qanon.html

What Is QAnon, the Viral Pro-Trump Conspiracy Theory?

And here is a really scary one:

https://www.newsweek.com/quarter-republicans-hold-favorable-views-qanon-supporters-poll-1577221

A Quarter of Republicans Hold Favorable Views of QAnon Supporters: Poll

It is my opinion that being a leader and supporting Trump requires such compromise of moral integrity that such people effectively lose their moral compass and capacity to think independently for themselves outside what Trump demands of them. Certainly Cohen knows what that is all about, and so do I think a good many others who finally found the courage to walk away. And Liz Cheney and Mike Romney also know what it is as well, only they never lost themselves in Trumpism to start with.

Trump is a cult. There really is no two ways about it.

Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-06-2021, 10:39 AM.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

It is documented that by far the majority of QAnon believers support Trump, Trump enthusiastically supports those candidates that embrace QAnon since before the 2020 election. Trump has never condemned QAnon, nor even objected to it. There are no Democratic candidates nor elected officials that support QAnon.

Some reference to others outside the Republican Party that support QAnon, but nothing has been provided to support this to any extent. It is likely that some registered Independents support QAnon, but by the polls they vote for Trump, and conservative Republican candidates.

No one here has provided any sources to document anything other than the above.
      Unsure why you responded to this post again but another poster (bill iIRC) linked to a survey showing support for QAnon across both extremes, leftand right. But sure, I dont know that there are currently any Democratic candidates or officials that officially support qanon. on the other hand there are numerous who support blueanon that are on the left who are candidates and or officials

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

At least in it's early stages Trump was a central Element as 'Savior' in the QAnon lore, so I would tend to think outside cherry picking from rare anomalies, it unlikely QAnon itself would have appeal outside Trump supporting circles, at least prior to his election loss. As it evolves over time, who knows. Certainly all the QAnon affiliated and friendly Polititians in DC are also Trump supporting, as are (almost?) all local QAnon friendly political candidates and elected officials.

A few headlines/titles about QAnon that include the Trump cornerstone to the cult:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/what-is...ry-11597694801

Adherents of a right-wing group that believes former President Donald Trump was under assault by Satan worshipers were among the mob that stormed the Capitol

https://www.nytimes.com/article/what-is-qanon.html

What Is QAnon, the Viral Pro-Trump Conspiracy Theory?

And here is a really scary one:

https://www.newsweek.com/quarter-rep...s-poll-1577221

A Quarter of Republicans Hold Favorable Views of QAnon Supporters: Poll

It is my opinion that being a leader and supporting Trump requires such compromise of moral integrity that such people effectively lose their moral compass and capacity to think independently for themselves outside what Trump demands of them. Certainly Cohen knows what that is all about, and so do I think a good many others who finally found the courage to walk away. And Liz Cheney and Mike Romney also know what it is as well, only they never lost themselves in Trumpism to start with.

Trump is a cult. There really is no two ways about it.

I looked for the Pew Research poll Newsweek cites and, as I suspected, the article title is deceptive. I've seen that type of deception before in related Qanon polls where they don't actually mention Q specifically. If this is the poll Newsweek is citing (interesting they don't provide a direct link), the poll is not based on Reps holding "favorable" views about Q, but whether or not they've heard of Q. According to other polls, actual Qanon support has plummeted since January.
        Last edited by seanD; 05-06-2021, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

I looked for the Pew Research poll Newsweek cites and, as I suspected, the article title is deceptive. I've seen that type of deception before in related Qanon polls where they don't actually mention Q specifically. If this is the poll Newsweek is citing (interesting they don't provide a direct link), the poll is not based on Reps holding "favorable" views about Q, but whether or not they've heard of Q. According to other polls, actual Qanon support has plummeted since January.
          Let's hope that is correct (that QAnon support has dropped). Given they 'prophesied' trump would be back as president again a few times this year, you'd hope people would wise up.

That doesn't change the fact we have two QAnon followers (former?) in DC in congress. And they are STAUNCH Trump supporters (and purveyors of all sorts of odd and unfounded conspiracy theories). Nor does it change the fact the GOP has become a cult of personality centered on Trump.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Let's hope that is correct (that QAnon support has dropped). Given they 'prophesied' trump would be back as president again a few times this year, you'd hope people would wise up.

That doesn't change the fact we have two QAnon followers (former?) in DC in congress. And they are STAUNCH Trump supporters (and purveyors of all sorts of odd and unfounded conspiracy theories). Nor does it change the fact the GOP has become a cult of personality centered on Trump.
            The fact is, you linked to an article that clearly misrepresented a study for an ideological purpose. The fact is, Ox, you help propagate a lie, and were happy to do it. I may have adamant sentiments against BLM and leftist marxism, but I wouldn't partake in lies and deception to admonish it.

Comment

And we have quite a few more BlueAnon followers i congress...

Comment

Looks like you got the wrong poll:
                Try this report:
                https://www.pewresearch.org/politics...ery-important/

There is a very misleading thing in there though.

24% of GOP DID hold a somewhat or very favorable view of QAnon supporters. BUT, that question was only asked if they knew "alot", "Some" or "not much" about QAnon. Which was roughly half of republicans. So, in other words, about 12% of republicans had a favorable opinion of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Looks like you got the wrong poll:
                  Try this report:
                  https://www.pewresearch.org/politics...ery-important/

There is a very misleading thing in there though.

24% of GOP DID hold a somewhat or very favorable view of QAnon supporters. BUT, that question was only asked if they knew "alot", "Some" or "not much" about QAnon. Which was roughly half of republicans. So, in other words, about 12% of republicans had a favorable opinion of them.

You are correct. My bad.

Although the question is still wonky. It isn't clear if they hold favorable views about Q or its supporters. To me, that seems like a huge difference. You can hold favorable views about folks in your party just not agree with their views. So, I got the wrong poll, but it;s still as deceptive as I suspected.

Comment

You are correct. My bad.

Although the question is still wonky. It isn't clear if they hold favorable views about Q or its supporters. To me, that seems like a huge difference. You can hold favorable views about folks in your party just not agree with their views. So, I got the wrong poll, but it;s still as deceptive as I suspected.
                    It also shows that democrats are more interested in QAnon than republicans are.

Comment

Isn't that often the case? The left is constantly bringing up things that I, as a conservative, supposedly believe, when many times, I never even HEARD of whatever it is. I wouldn't even know what it was if they weren't posting about it.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

An equally valid interpretation of that poll is that it shows the Democrats know more about what is going on in US politics than Republicans do.

Comment

You are correct. My bad.

I suppose I could also then say you helped propagate a lie and were happy to do so. I mean if the possibility of a mistake is off the table, you are no less guilty than I.

Comment

• Or Democrats are more gullible and/or dishonest -- like continuing to believe in and promote The Great Bludgeoning Lie long after it was proven false.

It's possible to "know stuff that's going on" when that "stuff" is an outright lie.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I suppose I could also then say you helped propagate a lie and were happy to do so. I mean if the possibility of a mistake is off the table, you are no less guilty than I.
                              It's cool. Fair enough.

But it's still a deceptive poll in multiple ways. I'm of the belief you never would have linked to that study if hadn't supported your view that Q belief is endemic among Trump supporters. That was obviously your objective after all, and that's a deception.

Comment

It's cool. Fair enough.

But it's still a deceptive poll in multiple ways. I'm of the belief you never would have linked to that study if hadn't supported your view that Q belief is endemic among Trump supporters. That was obviously your objective after all, and that's a deception.
                                At the very least, confirmation bias.

Comment