Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Not so hidden racism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not so hidden racism

After giving a response speech to Bidens speech before an empty session of congress, Tim Scott was met with cries of "uncle tim".

"Uncle tim" is a play on the racial slur uncle tom.

It trended on Twitter for half a day before being censored. MSNBC defended the slur.

Open racism

I'm shocked. Shocked, I say.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

This is what real systemic racism looks like.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        This is what real systemic racism looks like.
        But liberals can get away with it - over and over and over.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I was on another forum, and someone on the right side of that forum mentioned something about chinese doctors. It was something supportive of Trump.

A poster on the left side responded

"I'm not sure how much I would trust doctors who believe Rhino horns are a way to improve your manhood."

He was called on using a stereotype to assume someone was a bad doctor based on nothing than their heritage.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
            I was on another forum, and someone on the right side of that forum mentioned something about chinese doctors. It was something supportive of Trump.

A poster on the left side responded

"I'm not sure how much I would trust doctors who believe Rhino horns are a way to improve your manhood."

He was called on using a stereotype to assume someone was a bad doctor based on nothing than their heritage.
            Yeah, amazingly, doctors of foreign origin seem to be targets of ridicule here, when their cultures often are FAR more focused on education, success, detail, etc.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Yeah, amazingly, doctors of foreign origin seem to be targets of ridicule here, when their cultures often are FAR more focused on education, success, detail, etc.
              I won't tell you who was there defending that poster with pedantic games.

Comment

I won't tell you who was there defending that poster with pedantic games.
                You just did.

Comment

After giving a response speech to Bidens speech before an empty session of congress, Tim Scott was met with cries of "uncle tim".

It trended on Twitter for half a day before being censored. MSNBC defended the slur.

Open racism

The left has a long history of using racial smears against minorities -- particularly blacks -- who dare to not kiss the ring of their white betters who are trying so hard at spending other people's money to help those who aren't as smart as they are.

Last edited by rogue06; 05-01-2021, 12:08 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

The left has a long history of using racial smears against minorities -- particularly blacks -- who dare to not kiss the ring of their white betters who are trying so hard at spending other people's money to help those who aren't as smart as they are.
                    Who was it (a black man) who used to refer to this as "master fussin at another slave who wandered off the plantation"? I'm thinking it was the late great Walter Williams.

Comment

I think everyone knows that the most racist element of our society is on the Left. Except for those on the Left who are in denial.

Like China Biden. I like how he squirms around and digs his hole deeper.

Comment

If you see racists behind every bush and tree - you're probably a racist.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          If you see racists behind every bush and tree - you're probably a racist.
                          Not all that long ago virtually any time anyone said something "derogatory" about gays the left would insinuate that person was probably a closeted gay and full of self-loathing.

That tactic has been scraped because the left can no longer use calling someone gay as an insult, but maybe we can still apply the same logic here. You know, virtually any time someone calls something outside a klan meeting racist we should dismiss them as a closeted racist full of self-loathing.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Not all that long ago virtually any time anyone said something "derogatory" about gays the left would insinuate that person was probably a closeted gay and full of self-loathing.

That tactic has been scraped because the left can no longer use calling someone gay as an insult, but maybe we can still apply the same logic here. You know, virtually any time someone calls something outside a klan meeting racist we should dismiss them as a closeted racist full of self-loathing.
                            It's funny. I've often said that what you use as insults tells people what you see as "lesser".

Comment

Open racism
                              Nothing new there. Most of the most racist people I have ever met IRL have been Democrats.

Comment