Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Not so hidden racism

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

    Yeah, when I'm sick, my temperature goes DOWN.
    Um. That's death.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

    Comment


    • Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Um. That's death.
      Um.... down slightly --- that's subnormal.
      "Neighbor, how long has it been since youíve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?Ē

      Comment


      • Originally posted by mossrose View Post

        Liberals are psychic psychotic now!

        FIFY and changed it to a truism. At least for now. Let's see if they ever recover from TDS.


        I'm always still in trouble again

        "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

        Comment


        • Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          But there is nothing I can say about Egyptian pyramids at the South Pole
          Yeah, he's referring to the one time I posted a number of links showing proof of a warm earth in the past, and one of the links I inadvertently posted was to a spoof site claiming there were pyramids buried under pole ice. Naturally when this was pointed out to me, I thought it was funny and immediately owned up to my mistake. Of course Ignorant Roy chose to focus on only that link and blatantly ignored the other dozen or so legitimate sources I had posted.

          Hey, nobody's prefect.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God


          From "Fools Gold" by Petra

          Comment


          • Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            Liberals are psychic now!
            You misspelled "psychotic".

            Edit: rogue06 beat me to the joke.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God


            From "Fools Gold" by Petra

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

              You misspelled "psychotic".

              Edit: rogue06 beat me to the joke.
              Seems you were ninja'd by a fossil.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

                Seems you were ninja'd by a fossil.
                But one who is still "spry"


                Has that term ever been used to describe anyone under 60?

                I'm always still in trouble again

                "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Yeah, he's referring to the one time I posted a number of links showing proof of a warm earth in the past, and one of the links I inadvertently posted was to a spoof site claiming there were pyramids buried under pole ice. Naturally when this was pointed out to me, I thought it was funny and immediately owned up to my mistake. Of course Ignorant Roy chose to focus on only that link and blatantly ignored the other dozen or so legitimate sources I had posted.
                  That's either extreme forgetfulness or a blatant lie.

                  I commented on some of the others too, as can be seen starting here - including one about sand deposits that you thought was about glaciers.

                  You compounded your gullibility by refusing to say how old you think the Earth is - not exactly the mark of some-one who is intelligent or informed.
                  Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

                  mikewhitney: What if the speed of light changed when light is passing through water? ... I have 3 semesters of college Physics.

                  Mountain Man: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                  Mountain Man on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

                  Sparko: Even the deists like Jefferson believed in the Christian God, ...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

                    That is straight up fear-mongering.
                    Insurrection jan 6?

                    ContinuIng to propagate the big lie about election fraud and changing election laws to help prevent democratic leaders from being elected on its pretense?

                    Absolute authority over who in the GOP has positions of power vs who does not based on publicly expressing fealty to him ( liz cheney/Elise Stafanik )

                    Not even close to fear mongering. But, it is clear (though I don't know how) that his rhetoric and the conservative media have been able to serve as a gatekeeper to the truth even for you.
                    Mockery is the argument of the mentally and/or emotionally challenged.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

                      Insurrection jan 6?

                      ContinuIng to propagate the big lie about election fraud and changing election laws to help prevent democratic leaders from being elected on its pretense?

                      Absolute authority over who in the GOP has positions of power vs who does not based on publicly expressing fealty to him ( liz cheney/Elise Stafanik )

                      Not even close to fear mongering. But, it is clear (though I don't know how) that his rhetoric and the conservative media have been able to serve as a gatekeeper to the truth even for you.
                      He has absolute power? If that's the case why does Qanon Barbie not have her committee assignments?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Ignorant Roy View Post
                        That's either extreme forgetfulness or a blatant lie.

                        I commented on some of the others too, as can be seen starting here - including one about sand deposits that you thought was about glaciers.

                        You compounded your gullibility by refusing to say how old you think the Earth is - not exactly the mark of some-one who is intelligent or informed.
                        Good thread. I recommend others read it as well. I stand by my arguments and the facts presented to support them (well, except for that joke article I inadvertently posted. That one I disown. ).
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God


                        From "Fools Gold" by Petra

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

                          Insurrection jan 6?
                          There was no "insurrection" on January 6, real or attempted. What we had was a protest that spiraled out of control. The so-called "insurrection" exists purely in the imagination of partisan hacks like you.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God


                          From "Fools Gold" by Petra

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

                            Insurrection jan 6?

                            ContinuIng to propagate the big lie about election fraud and changing election laws to help prevent democratic leaders from being elected on its pretense?

                            Absolute authority over who in the GOP has positions of power vs who does not based on publicly expressing fealty to him ( liz cheney/Elise Stafanik )

                            Not even close to fear mongering. But, it is clear (though I don't know how) that his rhetoric and the conservative media have been able to serve as a gatekeeper to the truth even for you.
                            Blueanon in all its nutty glory.

                            Trump even has CD, an atheist, in his infinite power and control.
                            "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

                              What I found more disheartening was watching reasonable people turn into frothing-at-the-mouth, anger-filled, irrational ideologues/partisans during the last 4 years. At the other forum there were people who for years had been good posters, great people to discuss with. Then over the last 4 years, they deteriorated. Suddenly, any reason to be outraged was good enough to come in and talk about how absolutely horrible and amateurish trump was. The initial anchoring would stick even after facts refuting things came out. For example, Koi-gate. These people laughed at the big dope Trump pouring all of his fish food in. He was impatient, he didn't know what he was doing. Magical experts came out and told us how bad it was for the fish, how trump should have known this very obvious fact. He was an embarrassment to the country. After it came out that the video was edited and zoomed in on Trump, and the actual unedited video showed that Abe had dumped his food first, and Trump merely followed suit, those opinions remained. And these were people who had been rational debaters. It was sad.
                              I question the rationality of a scandal over feeding fish.
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

                              "Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

                              My Personal Blog

                              My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

                              Quill Sword

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

                                I question the rationality of a scandal over feeding fish.
                                It was, really, outrage looking for something to be outraged over.

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seer, Today, 11:25 AM
                                1 response
                                5 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post rogue06
                                by rogue06
                                 
                                Started by oxmixmudd, Today, 11:16 AM
                                7 responses
                                18 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post rogue06
                                by rogue06
                                 
                                Started by seanD, Yesterday, 11:57 PM
                                19 responses
                                65 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seer
                                by seer
                                 
                                Started by Gondwanaland, Yesterday, 06:02 PM
                                4 responses
                                38 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post rogue06
                                by rogue06
                                 
                                Started by CivilDiscourse, Yesterday, 01:18 PM
                                0 responses
                                26 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post CivilDiscourse  
                                Working...
                                X