Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Joe Biden: ‘We the People Are the Government’

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Joe Biden: ‘We the People Are the Government’

    Joe Biden: ‘We the People Are the Government’

    Once again, a liberal trips up and says out loud what he actually believes.

    “It’s time we remembered that ‘We the people’ are the government. You and I,” Biden said, “not some force in a distant capital, not some powerful force that we have no control over. It’s us. It’s ‘We the people.'”


    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  • #2
    Do you honestly think this is actually Biden's deteriorating mind and not the elites controlling him? Or are you being sarcastic?
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by seanD View Post
      Do you honestly think this is actually Biden's deteriorating mind and not the elites controlling him? Or are you being sarcastic?
      Some of both - I actually feel sorry for him because they're allowing him to think he's POTUS.
      "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

        Some of both - I actually feel sorry for him because they're allowing him to think he's POTUS.
        I don't think it's him at all. None of his social polices match anything he supported in the past as senator, including and especially his leftist SJW charade (nothing could be any more cringe and gross coming from him). If there ever was such a thing as a Manchurian Candidate in US history, Biden is the personification.
        "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by seanD View Post

          I don't think it's him at all. None of his social polices match anything he supported in the past as senator, including and especially his leftist SJW charade (nothing could be any more cringe and gross coming from him). If there ever was such a thing as a Manchurian Candidate in US history, Biden is the personification.
          I've been saying all along that he's just the puppet for the left --- but this "we the people are the government" nonsense I think was his own flub - then he tried to recover from it.

          Contrast that with Reagan's view of who "we the people" refers to.

          "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Joe Biden: ‘We the People Are the Government’

            Once again, a liberal trips up and says out loud what he actually believes.

            “It’s time we remembered that ‘We the people’ are the government. You and I,” Biden said, “not some force in a distant capital, not some powerful force that we have no control over. It’s us. It’s ‘We the people.'”

            That's a hell of a Freudian Slip there... We the People means the people of the nation and not the government that is supposed to serve the people. Perhaps it's time for We the People to take a leaf from Iceland's book and find a way to fire the entire government and start again...
            I am Punkinhead.

            "I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

            ~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ke7ejx View Post

              That's a hell of a Freudian Slip there... We the People means the people of the nation and not the government that is supposed to serve the people. Perhaps it's time for We the People to take a leaf from Iceland's book and find a way to fire the entire government and start again...
              And I ONLY find that reference in conservative sources - no mention whatsoever in the liberal ones.
              "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

                I've been saying all along that he's just the puppet for the left --- but this "we the people are the government" nonsense I think was his own flub - then he tried to recover from it.

                Contrast that with Reagan's view of who "we the people" refers to.

                Instead of saying he's a puppet for the leftist, I'd instead say he's a puppet for the globalists (influential global powers). Though it is a "leftist" agenda for the most part, saying he's a leftist puppet implies he's merely a puppet of US leftist partisans, like "the squad," when it's actually much bigger than that.
                "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ke7ejx View Post

                  That's a hell of a Freudian Slip there... We the People means the people of the nation and not the government that is supposed to serve the people. Perhaps it's time for We the People to take a leaf from Iceland's book and find a way to fire the entire government and start again...
                  He means the same thing Reagan does. I don't get why you guys think he meant something else.

                  ETA: I just listened to it again. What I hear is him invoking the fact that every person in that room is an American citizen. That our government comes from and returns to the people. That the people in that room are not some special elite class of people, but members each one of America, just like you and I, and responsible to it.
                  Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-29-2021, 06:11 PM.
                  Mockery is the argument of the mentally and/or emotionally challenged.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Joe Biden: ‘We the People Are the Government’

                    Once again, a liberal trips up and says out loud what he actually believes.

                    “It’s time we remembered that ‘We the people’ are the government. You and I,” Biden said, “not some force in a distant capital, not some powerful force that we have no control over. It’s us. It’s ‘We the people.'”

                    This is literally manufactured outrage. If you are getting anything out of this to be outraged over, it must be a willful mis-interpretation of what was said.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
                      This is literally manufactured outrage. If you are getting anything out of this to be outraged over, it must be a willful mis-interpretation of what was said.
                      Biden seems to be endorsing government by the people, for the people, aka democracy. This thread is making me scratch my head as to how this is supposed to be a bad thing. Is it supposed to be better if 'we the people' don't control the government? I mean, I've argued that US conservatives do appear to have a preference for dictatorship over democracy, but I didn't think they'd actually admit it.

                      On a slight tangent, I have had conservatives in this forum tell me that to win politicians need to focus on "jobs, jobs, jobs"... I note Biden did that.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

                        This is literally manufactured outrage. If you are getting anything out of this to be outraged over, it must be a willful mis-interpretation of what was said.
                        I think we should consider the context. He said it after we just watched a year of totalitarian governors (mainly on the left) and medical technocrats forcefully shutting everything down, disrupting lives to the point of literal despair, and destroying the economy. "We the people" in that context is kind of disturbing.
                        "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

                          This is literally manufactured outrage. If you are getting anything out of this to be outraged over, it must be a willful mis-interpretation of what was said.
                          Why do you people see 'outrage' any time somebody calmly brings up a topic for discussion? There is no 'outrage' here, manufactured or otherwise. Perhaps it's something in you?
                          "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by seanD View Post
                            I think we should consider the context. He said it after we just watched a year of totalitarian governors (mainly on the left) and medical technocrats forcefully shutting everything down
                            In context, within his speech, Biden criticized the autocracy of the Trump administration.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ke7ejx View Post

                              That's a hell of a Freudian Slip there... We the People means the people of the nation and not the government that is supposed to serve the people. Perhaps it's time for We the People to take a leaf from Iceland's book and find a way to fire the entire government and start again...
                              Does this mean you're 'outraged'?
                              "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seer, Today, 11:25 AM
                              2 responses
                              7 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seer
                              by seer
                               
                              Started by oxmixmudd, Today, 11:16 AM
                              11 responses
                              26 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Mountain Man  
                              Started by seanD, Yesterday, 11:57 PM
                              20 responses
                              68 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seanD
                              by seanD
                               
                              Started by Gondwanaland, Yesterday, 06:02 PM
                              4 responses
                              38 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by CivilDiscourse, Yesterday, 01:18 PM
                              0 responses
                              26 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post CivilDiscourse  
                              Working...
                              X