Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Caitlyn Jenner considering run for California governor in recall effort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kccd View Post
    California Dems won't vote for a Republican, and Republicans won't vote for a transgender.
    We are so very fortunate to have you among us to tell us what every body else wants and thinks!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

California Dems won't vote for a Republican

image.jpg
      Republican Governor of California from 2003 to 2011

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

image.jpg
        Republican Governor of California from 2003 to 2011

They learned their lesson on that one.

Comment

They learned their lesson on that one.
          By re-electing him to a second term? He even got 56% -- a margin of over a million votes.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

California Dems won't vote for a Republican.
            Since that has been demonstrated to be utterly false, then the only reason a Democrat won't vote for him/her is because he/she is transgender.

Just like the only reason anybody ever opposed Obama was only because of race, any Democrat not voting for Jenner is obviously a hate-filled transphobe.

Comment

By re-electing him to a second term? He even got 56% -- a margin of over a million votes.
              Perhaps kccd is inadvertently and unknowingly making the claim that California Democrats are really stupid?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

"He is a more popular politician today than when he was elected, a feat for Republicans in a very blue state."

So what exactly is this lesson they learned in California regarding Schwarzenegger that kccd was blathering on about?

Comment

Interesting article:

Source: https://www.vox.com/22409461/caitlyn-jenner-california-governor-recall

Her run could also serve to kick up transphobia on the left. Liberals and Democrats have shown no hesitation to attack a conservative political figure’s perceived identity. One homophobic example are online liberals calling Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) “Lady G,” a reference to an obscure and unverified online accusation that he frequently visits with gay sex workers in DC. Just last week, The View cohost Joy Behar misgendered Jenner as she talked about Jenner’s gubernatorial run (she subsequently apologized).

There’s a risk that Jenner, running as a conservative in liberal California, could generate liberal transphobia in a similar way, causing progressives to conflate their annoyance with Jenner’s Hollywood persona and politics with her trans identity. “If you throw insults or slurs at celebrities because you’re upset with them, what are you saying to the people next to you?” asked Hauptman.

© Copyright Original Source

Given how quickly liberals were to go full-on sexist against Sarah Palin, how quickly they slut shamed, and went xenophobic on Melania, how quickly they went racist against Tim Scott, I would not be surprised in the least to see them go transphobic over Jenner. They have a big tent of tolerance, that drops away as soon as you leave the reservation, then the mask comes off.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
                    Interesting article:

Source: https://www.vox.com/22409461/caitlyn-jenner-california-governor-recall

Her run could also serve to kick up transphobia on the left. Liberals and Democrats have shown no hesitation to attack a conservative political figure’s perceived identity. One homophobic example are online liberals calling Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) “Lady G,” a reference to an obscure and unverified online accusation that he frequently visits with gay sex workers in DC. Just last week, The View cohost Joy Behar misgendered Jenner as she talked about Jenner’s gubernatorial run (she subsequently apologized).

There’s a risk that Jenner, running as a conservative in liberal California, could generate liberal transphobia in a similar way, causing progressives to conflate their annoyance with Jenner’s Hollywood persona and politics with her trans identity. “If you throw insults or slurs at celebrities because you’re upset with them, what are you saying to the people next to you?” asked Hauptman.

© Copyright Original Source

Given how quickly liberals were to go full-on sexist against Sarah Palin, how quickly they slut shamed, and went xenophobic on Melania, how quickly they went racist against Tim Scott, I would not be surprised in the least to see them go transphobic over Jenner. They have a big tent of tolerance, that drops away as soon as you leave the reservation, then the mask comes off.
                    They have no problem saying some of the most vile racist things about blacks who dare to leave The Plantation so it will come as no surprise if the hyper-"woke" left would resort to slurs wrt Jenner.

Comment

Though HE says HE's against men faking like their female to compete in female athletics, I don't trust the DUDE one bit. I think HE's placating the right like Arnold did to get their support (believe it or not, there is a rather vast right leaning base in Cali, probably because phony leftist celebs don't like to pay taxes anymore than conservatives).

Comment