Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Caitlyn Jenner considering run for California governor in recall effort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caitlyn Jenner considering run for California governor in recall effort

As a Republican.

Caitlyn Jenner is considering a run in California's gubernatorial recall election and is set to meet with GOP political advisors next week on any potential next steps, a source confirmed to CBS News.

The former reality TV star and Olympian is getting guidance from Republican fundraiser Caroline Wren, CBS News has confirmed, and Politico and The New York Times reported Brad Parscale is also providing guidance. Politico reported on Thursday that they are set to be at the meeting with Jenner next week at her home in Malibu.

She has also been in contact with Dave Rexrode, executive director of the Republican Governors Association, a Republican source familiar with the talks told CBS News. The RGA does not endorse in primaries.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Interesting - back in February....

Caitlyn Jenner bats down rumors she'd run for California governor

By ALEX ISENSTADT

02/11/2021 09:13 PM EST
    Activist and reality TV star Caitlyn Jenner is ruling out a run for California governor.

There had been mounting talk in GOP circles in recent days that Jenner, a longtimeRepublican, would be a strong candidate in the event that there is an election to recall Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom. With momentum for the recall growing, top Republicans from California to Washington were abuzz that Jenner was the kind of candidate who — like Arnold Schwarzenegger nearly two decades earlier — was a celebrity figure with the wide appeal needed for a Republican to win in the liberal state.

But on Thursday evening, Jenner's manager, Sophia Hutchins, moved to swat down the speculation.
    “Caitlyn is not running for governor, has never considered running for governor and is very happy doing the work that she is doing to promote LGBT rights and spending time with her 18 grandchildren and 10 children,” Hutchins said in a statement.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Axios says it is official: Scoop: Caitlyn Jenner makes it official for California governor

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Yup - other sources as well....

Caitlyn Jenner announces run for governor of California

Caitlyn Jenner has announced her run for governor of California, kicking off her campaign on Friday with a message to voters.

The Keeping Up With The Kardashians alum hopes to replace current Governor Gavin Newsom, in a recall election. A petition to force the recall election has earned enough signatures to get the matter on the ballet, which forces a vote to keep or replace Governor Newsom later this year.

On Friday, she confirmed she made a decision, and her campaign was launched.

“I’m in! California is worth fighting for. Visit http://CaitlynJenner.com to follow or donate today,” she wrote on Instagram and Twitter alongside a press release with the title Caitlyn for California.

The transgender rights activist revealed in the press release she will make a more formal announcement in the coming weeks. Caitlyn also explained why she was throwing her hat in the ring to replace Governor Newsom.

“California has been my home for nearly 50 years,” began Caitlyn’s press release. “I came here because I knew that anyone, regardless of their background or station in life, could turn their dreams into reality. But for the past decade, we have seen the glimmer of the Golden State reduced by one-party rule that places politics over progress and special interests over people. Sacramento needs an honest leader with a clear vision.

Comment

Sure. Why not? It wouldn't be the first time Californians elected a literal lunatic into the governor's office.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I thought his running days were over.
            When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
              I thought his running days were over.
              It's a whole new ballgame! Though... um.... that might be a bad analogy....

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Bad prodder of bovines! Bad!

Think of the children

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And I will be thinking about that quote tomorrow morning.
                  When I Survey....

Comment

Edit: Sunday morning. Working at home, every day seems the same.
                    When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post

And I will be thinking about that quote tomorrow morning.
                      It really does seem like Saturday! Wife just mentioned that.

Comment

Seems to be little love for his quest to be the guv.

'Hard pass': LGBTQ activists shun Caitlyn Jenner over Trump support

Even the family seems to have put him on ignore

Silence is deafening: Kardashians fail to mention Caitlyn Jenner's run for California governor more than 24 hours after she launched campaign... but still find time to post about a new fragrance line, lifestyle platform and their Kardashian Kloset site

Comment

I never did get the Kardashian thing -- couldn't spot them in a lineup - wouldn't even know what to look for.

Comment

I never did get the Kardashian thing -- couldn't spot them in a lineup - wouldn't even know what to look for.
                            You would if you were walking behind a few of them.

Comment

As a Republican.

Caitlyn Jenner is considering a run in California's gubernatorial recall election and is set to meet with GOP political advisors next week on any potential next steps, a source confirmed to CBS News.

The former reality TV star and Olympian is getting guidance from Republican fundraiser Caroline Wren, CBS News has confirmed, and Politico and The New York Times reported Brad Parscale is also providing guidance. Politico reported on Thursday that they are set to be at the meeting with Jenner next week at her home in Malibu.

She has also been in contact with Dave Rexrode, executive director of the Republican Governors Association, a Republican source familiar with the talks told CBS News. The RGA does not endorse in primaries.
                              California Dems won't vote for a Republican, and Republicans won't vote for a transgender.

Comment