Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Blue Wall of Silence Is Starting to Crack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

I have noticed a marked tendency on your part to resort to making belittling comments towards anyone who disagrees with or challenges you and your preconceived ideas.
    8cf.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

As opposed to somebody who lives outside of this country who has NEVER "done the job" for ANY period of time.

From what I can tell, her knowledge of policing is based solely on watching TV cop shows and movies. And listening to liberal news reports.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    I am pointing out that your repeated comments on your experience do not automatically guarantee that you are particularly competent simply because you have done the job for a long period of time.
    As opposed to somebody who lives outside of this country who has NEVER "done the job" for ANY period of time.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    I am pointing out that your repeated comments on your experience do not automatically guarantee that you are particularly competent simply because you have done the job for a long period of time.
    And you don't have to believe me, but all you got is brainless prattle.

I have noticed a marked tendency on your part to resort to making belittling comments towards anyone who disagrees with or challenges you and your preconceived ideas.
    Well, a gross over-exaggeration, but I can see where you feel threatened.

That "schoolyard" behaviour suggests a puerile mentality.
    Awwwwwwww, you're feewin bewiddled? Need a safe place?

What you wrote here is pure and unsubstantiated opinion. "The same liberals who want to defund police are so pro-union that they'll never see unions as a main part of the problem. Same with public school and teachers unions."
    Yes, that's my opinion based on the FACTS that unions overwhelming support the Democrats, and the Democrats overwhelmingly support unions.
    Teachers unions in particular are near and dear to the hearts of liberals, yet they - the teachers unions - are a major part of why our public education system is so screwed up.

Where exactly is your "argument" in those comments?
    All over this board in multiple threads.

And why do you think the article YOU posted says....

We need to curb the power of police unions, the biggest protectors of the blue wall.

Are you really wanting to dispute the article that YOU posted?

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied

Wow, thought that up all by yourself?

This is actually an area of my expertise
    So you keep telling us.

- compared to some ditzy dame from across the pond who knows absolutely nothing about this but appears to enjoy argument just for the same of arument alone.
    I have noticed a marked tendency on your part to resort to making belittling comments towards anyone who disagrees with or challenges you and your preconceived ideas. That "schoolyard" behaviour suggests a puerile mentality.

What you wrote here is pure and unsubstantiated opinion. "The same liberals who want to defund police are so pro-union that they'll never see unions as a main part of the problem. Same with public school and teachers unions."

Where exactly is your "argument" in those comments?

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Longevity of tenure is not an automatic guarantee of competence.
    Wow, thought that up all by yourself?

Your comments were premised on your own speculations and nothing more.
    This is actually an area of my expertise - compared to some ditzy dame from across the pond who knows absolutely nothing about this but appears to enjoy argument just for the same of arument alone.

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied

Based on years of experience in this field, while you got nothing.

And I fully understand why you were unable to respond to the rest of my post.
    Longevity of tenure is not an automatic guarantee of competence.

Your comments were premised on your own speculations and nothing more.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Not according to the text. You are offering speculation and nothing more.
    Based on years of experience in this field, while you got nothing.

And I fully understand why you were unable to respond to the rest of my post.

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied

In your own incorrect opinion, perhaps.
    Not according to the text. You are offering speculation and nothing more.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    You appear to be reading policy where none exists.
    In your own incorrect opinion, perhaps.

With reference to police unions the article states this "We need to curb the power of police unions". It offers no suggestions or policy on how to do that.
    Congress is working on a police reform bill - it could easily be part of that, except that the Democrats never met a union they didn't love. The same liberals who want to defund police are so pro-union that they'll never see unions as a main part of the problem.

Same with public school and teachers unions.

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied

You really are quite dense --- the article spells it out.
    You appear to be reading policy where none exists.

With reference to police unions the article states this "We need to curb the power of police unions". It offers no suggestions or policy on how to do that.

So, yeah, this is a joke to you.
    Oh dear some always fall on stony ground.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I am torn on police unions.

On one hand police deserve protection from unjust actions against them. On the other hand, we don't want bad cops to get away with being bad cops.

maybe instead of a union, police could contribute to a legal defense fund or have some sort of insurance policy which would help them hire a personal attorney (not affiliated with the police) if they need one in relation to any accusations against them regarding their policing.
    Yes, a "Police Association". The "bad unions" come from the whole mafia protection racket - "organized labor".

Our own police department, years ago, was being courted by the Teamsters Union - one of the most corrupt on the planet. Our officers said, "not just no, but H E double hockysticks NO".

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Is there any other kind?
    Yes, we have a "police association", but it's part of our overall "excellence in policing" campaign. It represents the officers from wrongful actions, including law suits, but is very clear that it will NOT protect bad behavior, illegal activity, etd.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    I am torn on police unions.

On one hand police deserve protection from unjust actions against them. On the other hand, we don't want bad cops to get away with being bad cops.

maybe instead of a union, police could contribute to a legal defense fund or have some sort of insurance policy which would help them hire a personal attorney (not affiliated with the police) if they need one in relation to any accusations against them regarding their policing.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    I think the fact is that the George Floyd situation was so OBVIOUSLY wrong, that no honest cop can defend it at all.

The next step should be "DEFUND POLICE UNIONS!" (at least, the ones who very aggressively protect bad cops)
    Is there any other kind?

Leave a comment: