Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Blue Wall of Silence Is Starting to Crack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Take into account the limits of your own experience.
    You mean my 50 years compared to your ZERO time?

I would also point out that while many western countries face the same problems with crime, having a [potentially armed] civilian population makes the USA a little different when it comes to police shootings.
    The USA is WAY different than most other countries in the world in MAY respects.

Cops in the US, however, don't often have running battles with armed law-abiding citizens.

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

It's extremely obvious you are incredibly ignorant where it comes to matters of policing, so I think I'm safe with that assumption.
    Take into account the limits of your own experience.

I would also point out that while many western countries face the same problems with crime, having a [potentially armed] civilian population makes the USA a little different when it comes to police shootings.

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied

You dish it out freely, then cry like a baby when it comes back to you.
    The inability to engage in an exchange without resorting to making pejorative remarks [and for at least one contributor on occasion abusive language] towards one's interlocutor is an attribute of several individuals here.

I'm "forgetting" no such thing.
    Attempting to attribute the problems in public school education to the teaching unions is clear indication you have not considered other factors that have occurred within US public education [and indeed US society] over the last forty years or so.

That they don't offer a policy doesn't negate the fact that they stated.
    The author's comment on the power of the police unions is an observation upon the situation as they see it, nothing more. .

I think you've done that thing again where you wonder into matters about which you know precious little, so all ya got left is prattle.
    Pointing out that my interlocutor has made unsubstantiated remarks that they then wish to present is fact is a fallacy upon which I have often commented.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    How do you know what I may have done in my earlier life?
    It's extremely obvious you are incredibly ignorant where it comes to matters of policing, so I think I'm safe with that assumption.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Rather defensive isn't it?

I am just noting your schoolyard tactics. Feel free to carry on with your puerile remarks you are simply confirming my opinion.
    You dish it out freely, then cry like a baby when it comes back to you.

You are forgetting all the other issues we find in our society, including the trends in education over the past fifty years.
    I'm "forgetting" no such thing.

The article does make that comment but the author offers no policy by which to achieve that end.
    That they don't offer a policy doesn't negate the fact that they stated.

I think you've done that thing again where you wonder into matters about which you know precious little, so all ya got left is prattle.

Leave a comment:

• Gondwanaland
    replied

Writes someone who frequently employs invective, especially when he is crossed.
    Stop, myirony meter was already a smoking ruin after your last post, have mercy on it!

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post

They are talking about bringing it back this year. I think the biggest problem is that with all of this anti-police sentiment it will be hard to get any police departments to participate. I mean why would they want to expose themselves like that, given that people will get angry even when it is a clear case of saving a life like with the Columbus shooting the other day?
    People are getting angry because of skewed reporting -- namely telling folks she was merely "holding a knife" or even "unarmed."

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied
    Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Writes someone who frequently employs invective, especially when he is crossed.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

I did quite enjoy that show, sad that the network cancelled it to look woke, in a time where we need something like that more than ever.
    They are talking about bringing it back this year. I think the biggest problem is that with all of this anti-police sentiment it will be hard to get any police departments to participate. I mean why would they want to expose themselves like that, given that people will get angry even when it is a clear case of saving a life like with the Columbus shooting the other day?

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied

And you don't have to believe me, but all you got is brainless prattle.
    Rather defensive isn't it?

Well, a gross over-exaggeration, but I can see where you feel threatened

Awwwwwwww, you're feewin bewiddled? Need a safe place?.
    I am just noting your schoolyard tactics. Feel free to carry on with your puerile remarks you are simply confirming my opinion.

Yes, that's my opinion based on the FACTS that unions overwhelming support the Democrats, and the Democrats overwhelmingly support unions.
    And?

Teachers unions in particular are near and dear to the hearts of liberals, yet they - the teachers unions - are a major part of why our public education system is so screwed up.
    You are forgetting all the other issues we find in our society, including the trends in education over the past fifty years.

We need to curb the power of police unions, the biggest protectors of the blue wall.

Are you really wanting to dispute the article that YOU posted?
    The article does make that comment but the author offers no policy by which to achieve that end.

Leave a comment:

• Gondwanaland
    replied
    I wish LivePD was still on. It showed what policing was really like, and how they mostly are out there helping people. And it showed how idiotic and dangerous the people they have to deal with are. The news makes out those arrested or shot as some sort of innocent victim who was just minding their own business when the Gestapo came along and started harassing them.
    I did quite enjoy that show, sad that the network cancelled it to look woke, in a time where we need something like that more than ever.

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied

As opposed to somebody who lives outside of this country who has NEVER "done the job" for ANY period of time.

How do you know what I may have done in my earlier life?

Leave a comment:

• Gondwanaland
    replied
    I have noticed a marked tendency on your part to resort to making belittling comments towards anyone who disagrees with or challenges you and your preconceived ideas. That "schoolyard" behaviour suggests a puerile mentality.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    I wish LivePD was still on. It showed what policing was really like, and how they mostly are out there helping people. And it showed how idiotic and dangerous the people they have to deal with are. The news makes out those arrested or shot as some sort of innocent victim who was just minding their own business when the Gestapo came along and started harassing them.
    We also are living in an age where if someone is psychotic and their actions get themselves shot it is now somehow the police officer's fault for not being psychically aware the person had mental issues. Moreover, it's not like being mentally disturbed suddenly means they aren't a danger. It doesn't mean that we should respond, oh they're just touched in the head so we should ignore the fact that they're running up and down the street stark naked with a sword screaming at and chasing everyone they meet.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied

Leave a comment: