Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Blue Wall of Silence Is Starting to Crack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I think she hates it that the OP actually presented an excellent handling of the situation, leaving her no room to be the battle axe she loves being.
    So, she's trying her best to gin up controversy so she can kvetch about something.
    I am still waiting for you to answer the questions I have now put to you three times your local police force's police association.
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

I am still waiting for you to answer the questions I have now put to you three times your local police force's police association.
      Cool, keep waiting, because all that is is a derail, and I'm not playing.

All you need to know, I've already said....

Police Unions are LABOR UNIONS, of which a major component is collective bargaining.
      Police Associations are ASSOCIATONS, of which NO component is collective bargaining.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

.... blah blah blah blah....... Eliminating labour unions
        BINGO!!!!!! MAJOR part of the problem solved!!!!!!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You can't prevent every situation where there are bad people .
          Which is precisely the point I have been making over several posts. Hence, contrary to your comment I am quite capable of understanding that.
          You're about to prove your above statement wrong....

Your suggestion that transferring power away from the unions
          No - get RID of the "Police Unions" that have been enabling, protecting and defending bad cops. PERIOD. No "transfer of power".

and to the Police Chief along with various assorted municipal employees/representatives/politicians is not an automatic guarantee of removing corruption.
          The Police Chief doesn't need power "transferred" to him/her --- he/she should be allowed to exercise the power they're supposed to have by virtue of their office.

you have not [as yet] answered any of my questions concerning checks and balances.
          Actually, yes, I have ---- Allow "Command" to do their job.
          If they're not doing their job - that's a problem for the Mayor (or city manager) and city council.
          IF they're not doing their job - that's a problem for the citizenry who elected them.

I can't help it if you're too freakin' stupid to get that.

Moderated By: CP

And, talk about stupid!!! I accidentally EDITED your post instead of respond to it!

But there's enough of it there to see what you wrote and what I responded to!

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
          Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

[/quote]

Why is my name linked to this post? I didn't write it.

Or are you planting evidence?

Did you miss the big "NOTICE" I posted where I admitted to my own stupidity in ACCIDENTALLY editing your post instead of RESPONDING to it?

Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by Cow Poke; 04-29-2021, 10:36 AM.
          "It ain't necessarily so
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Again, you keep demanding a perfect solution for every situation. Can you give me an example of this in any field anywhere else? If not, why do you insist on demanding one here and blithely denigrate any proposal that does not meet this criteria?
            I am not demanding a "perfect solution" so kindly stop attributing things to me I have not written.

I have repeatedly asked Cow Poke to suggest some checks and balances he could envisage being implemented with reference to his suggestion that power be transferred from the unions to the Police Chief and assorted others.

There is a danger that the metaphorical pendulum could swing too far in the opposite direction.

"It ain't necessarily so
            To read in the Bible
            It ain't necessarily so
            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

That's her "go to".

If the people of the city or town elect a corrupt mayor and city council, they get the government they deserve!
              I will repeat the question I put to you earlier.

If there is a wall of silence and cover ups how are the people to know their council and mayor are corrupt?

Given the paucity of public knowledge about Watergate in 1972 were those forty seven states culpable for re-electing a crook as a President?
              "It ain't necessarily so
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

......I have repeatedly BADGERED Cow Poke....
                Fify/nc

Comment

Fify/nc
                  I know now that you will not answer my questions because despite your posturing you do not have the information required.
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I know now that you will not answer my questions because despite your posturing you do not have the information required.
                    Yeah, that's it exactly --- certainly not because I have answered over and over and over, but you are so dumb you seem to think there's some kind of magic solution that makes "corruptible man" incorruptible while still here on this planet.

Comment

Cool, keep waiting, because all that is is a derail, and I'm not playing.

All you need to know, I've already said....

Police Unions are LABOR UNIONS, of which a major component is collective bargaining.
                      Police Associations are ASSOCIATONS, of which NO component is collective bargaining.
                      We know this now answer the question with reference to your own police department's police association.

Who runs it?
                      Who works in it?
                      Who pays for it?
                      What services does it provide for officers?

Or does my previous post still stand?
                      "It ain't necessarily so
                      To read in the Bible
                      It ain't necessarily so
                      ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I am not demanding a "perfect solution" so kindly stop attributing things to me I have not written.
                        Yes you most certainly are as evidenced by how you keep diligently searching for an example where the offered solution might not be useful so that you can completely dismiss it.

This is one of those instances where actions speak louder than words.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

We know this now answer the question with reference to your own police department's police association.

Who runs it?
                          Who works in it?
                          Who pays for it?
                          What services does it provide for officers?

Or does my previous post still stand?
                          Absolutely irrelevant. It does NOT include the "collective bargaining" component of the LABOR UNIONS, so it does not protect bad cops.

There, you have your answer.

Comment

You're about to prove your above statement wrong....

No - get RID of the "Police Unions" that have been enabling, protecting and defending bad cops. PERIOD. No "transfer of power".

The Police Chief doesn't need power "transferred" to him/her --- he/she should be allowed to exercise the power they're supposed to have by virtue of their office.

Actually, yes, I have ---- Allow "Command" to do their job.
                            If they're not doing their job - that's a problem for the Mayor (or city manager) and city council.
                            IF they're not doing their job - that's a problem for the citizenry who elected them.

I can't help it if you're too freakin' stupid to get that.

And, talk about stupid!!! I accidentally EDITED your post instead of respond to it!

But there's enough of it there to see what you wrote and what I responded to!

Why is my name linked to this post? I didn't write it.

Or are you planting evidence?

Did you miss the big "NOTICE" I posted where I admitted to my own stupidity in ACCIDENTALLY editing your post instead of RESPONDING to it?

[/QUOTE]

Then kindly delete it and re post under your own avatar. Or is that task not possible for you?
                            "It ain't necessarily so
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I will repeat the question I put to you earlier.

If there is a wall of silence and cover ups how are the people to know their council and mayor are corrupt?

Given the paucity of public knowledge about Watergate in 1972 were those forty seven states culpable for re-electing a crook as a President?
                              You seem to be looking for simple solutions to complex problems.

Comment

I am not defending unions that protect "bent coppers". I am pointing out that both sides are open corruption. And if you had read actually bothered to read all my replies to Cow Poke you would know that I fully accept there is always a risk of corruption.

However, checks and balances need to be put in place so ensure that honest officers can report legitimate concerns without fear of intimidation from their peers, higher ranks and/or local representatives/politicians/judiciary.

Eliminating labour unions and placing the power with the Police Chief and/or representatives from the municipal authority and/or local politicians does not automatically guarantee an end to corruption.

Surely that is self evident, isn't it?

Cow Poke never said eliminating police unions would magically end corruption. He said that they were a contributing factor in corrupt cops getting away with it. Eliminating their protection of corrupt cops will aid in eliminating corrupt cops getting away with it. He never said it was THE solution.

So, what is your solution? Remember, it has to be a solution that is a complete guaranteed end to police corruption, since that is the standard you seem to be holding Cow Poke to.

Comment