Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Blue Wall of Silence Is Starting to Crack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    I consider your response far too simplistic.
    Yeah, forgive me if I don't lose any sleep over your judgmental little prissiness.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Selected instances and unsupported remarks.
      We have been supporting our remarks over and over and over.
      You have been wrong on so MANY points, it's not even funny.

The "teaching unions", as you so ignorantly call them, teach nobody.
      They are LABOR unions who have one goal in mind -- to advance and protect the interests of the teachers who pay their dues.

Same with "police unions" -- they are LABOR unions with one goal in mind - to advance and protect the interests of the police who pay their dues.

Those are what are called "fact" thingies.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Selected instances and unsupported remarks.
        Unsupported summary dismissal and hand waving off of anything and everything that doesn't fit her preferred narrative.

How so H_A.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

We have been supporting our remarks over and over and over.
          You have been wrong on so MANY points, it's not even funny.

The "teaching unions", as you so ignorantly call them, teach nobody.
          They are LABOR unions who have one goal in mind -- to advance and protect the interests of the teachers who pay their dues.

Same with "police unions" -- they are LABOR unions with one goal in mind - to advance and protect the interests of the police who pay their dues.

Those are what are called "fact" thingies.
          Offering unsubstantiated opinion tells me nothing.

With respect to my reference to teaching unions, and as I duly explained, my reference was to the teaching profession. In other words unions established to defend/protect those involved in that profession.
          "It ain't necessarily so
          The things that you're liable
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life
          Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Unsupported summary dismissal and hand waving off of anything and everything that doesn't fit her preferred narrative.

How so H_A.
            You have provided unsubstantiated opinion and a selected instance. However, as I have just noted in another reply to you, you prefer simple answers to complex issues.
            "It ain't necessarily so
            To read in the Bible
            It ain't necessarily so
            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Yeah, forgive me if I don't lose any sleep over your judgmental little prissiness.
              If you cannot or will not provide some substantive corroboration for your comments our exchanges on this topic are at an end.

"It ain't necessarily so
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Offering unsubstantiated opinion tells me nothing.
                These are facts. Dispute them if you can.

With respect to my reference to teaching unions, and as I duly explained, my reference was to the teaching profession.
                Yes, you doubled down on your ignorance.

In other words unions established to defend/protect those involved in that profession.
                And ONLY those in that profession ---- the Unions themselves teach nobody - and they only care about the interests of the teachers and other dues payers -- not the students.
                Same with the police unions.

Now, you can keep on with your nutty prattle about "unsubstantiated opinions" with regard to the FACTS, but it doesn't change the FACTS.

Comment

If you cannot or will not provide some substantive corroboration for your comments our exchanges on this topic are at an end.
                  What a steaming load of crap! I have stated the case regarding unions --- because you can't dispute the FACTS, you're doing what you do so often --- run away.

What have I said about police unions or teachers unions that is false? You can't answer that!

Comment

You have provided unsubstantiated opinion and a selected instance. However, as I have just noted in another reply to you, you prefer simple answers to complex issues.
                    And as I noted you have a distinct and unpleasant habit of summarily dismissing everything that does not conform to your selected narrative. And if overcomplicating a rather simple issue is what is required to push your narrative you will do so without hesitation.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Here's something else for you to totally stubbornly ignore, as is your habit...

A Simplified Overview of Teachers' Unions and How They Work (lawinfo.com)

Teachers Unions & Collective Bargaining

Disclaimer
                      A teachers' union is a special type of labor union designed to fight for the rights of educators. With roots dating back more than 150 years in the U.S., these organizations play critical roles not only in securing benefits for teachers but also shaping the way education works. For instance, thanks to lobbying by the National Education Association, or NEA, in the late 1860s, Congress created the Department of Education.

What Teachers' Unions Bargain For

Like other types of trade unions, teachers' unions use collective bargaining agreements, or CBAs, to protect their members. Over the years, collective bargaining has helped educators gain many rights, such as:
                      • Fair working conditions, compensation, and pay equality
                      • Tenure mechanisms that prevented qualified educators from being punished for their personal biases, political beliefs, or other unfair reasons
                      • Access to various benefits

When it comes to education policy, teachers' unions also work to ensure that educators can fulfill their job duties in the face of tough odds. For instance, the NEA played a critical role in shifting the focus from federal policies like the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, which included 2001's No Child Left Behind Act, towards alternatives like the Every Student Succeeds Act of 2015. At the same time, education policy is a very politicized issue, and not every lawmaker is onboard with the kinds of changes that teachers seek. These differences of opinion mean that individual educators may be subject to a variety of laws depending on where they are in their careers.

Absolutely nothing in there about the children - it's a LABOR UNION to protect the adults.

Comment

8cf.jpg
                        Coming from someone who whines about others who get tired of your shenanigans and games resulting in their ceasing to respond to you any longer as "cowardly" and "running away"

As a fan of Monty Python I'm sure you'll appreciate this bit (particularly the latter part) being dedicated to you

Comment

Here's something else for you to totally stubbornly ignore, as is your habit...

A Simplified Overview of Teachers' Unions and How They Work (lawinfo.com)

Teachers Unions & Collective Bargaining

Disclaimer
                          A teachers' union is a special type of labor union designed to fight for the rights of educators. With roots dating back more than 150 years in the U.S., these organizations play critical roles not only in securing benefits for teachers but also shaping the way education works. For instance, thanks to lobbying by the National Education Association, or NEA, in the late 1860s, Congress created the Department of Education.

What Teachers' Unions Bargain For

Like other types of trade unions, teachers' unions use collective bargaining agreements, or CBAs, to protect their members. Over the years, collective bargaining has helped educators gain many rights, such as:
                          • Fair working conditions, compensation, and pay equality
                          • Tenure mechanisms that prevented qualified educators from being punished for their personal biases, political beliefs, or other unfair reasons
                          • Access to various benefits

When it comes to education policy, teachers' unions also work to ensure that educators can fulfill their job duties in the face of tough odds. For instance, the NEA played a critical role in shifting the focus from federal policies like the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, which included 2001's No Child Left Behind Act, towards alternatives like the Every Student Succeeds Act of 2015. At the same time, education policy is a very politicized issue, and not every lawmaker is onboard with the kinds of changes that teachers seek. These differences of opinion mean that individual educators may be subject to a variety of laws depending on where they are in their careers.

Absolutely nothing in there about the children - it's a LABOR UNION to protect the adults.

Read the last two sentences in post #64.
                          "It ain't necessarily so
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

And as I noted you have a distinct and unpleasant habit of summarily dismissing everything that does not conform to your selected narrative. And if overcomplicating a rather simple issue is what is required to push your narrative you will do so without hesitation.
                            These topics are complicated.

The simplistic comments that have been offered [and summarised by me as "Blame the liberals" and "Blame the unions"] tell us precisely nothing.
                            "It ain't necessarily so
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Coming from someone who whines about others who get tired of your shenanigans and games resulting in their ceasing to respond to you any longer as "cowardly" and "running away"
                              See above.
                              "It ain't necessarily so
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Read the last two sentences in post #64.
                                What, more prattle? The public sector unions are problematic....
                                1. In the Education arena -- they too often protect bad teachers.
                                2. In the Public Safety arena -- they too often protect bad cops.

Those are facts.

Comment