Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Blue Wall of Silence Is Starting to Crack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    You appear to be reading policy where none exists.
    In your own incorrect opinion, perhaps.

With reference to police unions the article states this "We need to curb the power of police unions". It offers no suggestions or policy on how to do that.
    Congress is working on a police reform bill - it could easily be part of that, except that the Democrats never met a union they didn't love. The same liberals who want to defund police are so pro-union that they'll never see unions as a main part of the problem.

Same with public school and teachers unions.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

In your own incorrect opinion, perhaps.
      Not according to the text. You are offering speculation and nothing more.

"It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Not according to the text. You are offering speculation and nothing more.
        Based on years of experience in this field, while you got nothing.

And I fully understand why you were unable to respond to the rest of my post.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Based on years of experience in this field, while you got nothing.

And I fully understand why you were unable to respond to the rest of my post.
          Longevity of tenure is not an automatic guarantee of competence.

Your comments were premised on your own speculations and nothing more.

"It ain't necessarily so
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Longevity of tenure is not an automatic guarantee of competence.
            Wow, thought that up all by yourself?

Your comments were premised on your own speculations and nothing more.
            This is actually an area of my expertise - compared to some ditzy dame from across the pond who knows absolutely nothing about this but appears to enjoy argument just for the same of arument alone.

Comment

Wow, thought that up all by yourself?
              I am pointing out that your repeated comments on your experience do not automatically guarantee that you are particularly competent simply because you have done the job for a long period of time.

This is actually an area of my expertise
              So you keep telling us.

- compared to some ditzy dame from across the pond who knows absolutely nothing about this but appears to enjoy argument just for the same of arument alone.
              I have noticed a marked tendency on your part to resort to making belittling comments towards anyone who disagrees with or challenges you and your preconceived ideas. That "schoolyard" behaviour suggests a puerile mentality.

What you wrote here is pure and unsubstantiated opinion. "The same liberals who want to defund police are so pro-union that they'll never see unions as a main part of the problem. Same with public school and teachers unions."

Where exactly is your "argument" in those comments?

"It ain't necessarily so
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I am pointing out that your repeated comments on your experience do not automatically guarantee that you are particularly competent simply because you have done the job for a long period of time.
                And you don't have to believe me, but all you got is brainless prattle.

I have noticed a marked tendency on your part to resort to making belittling comments towards anyone who disagrees with or challenges you and your preconceived ideas.
                Well, a gross over-exaggeration, but I can see where you feel threatened.

That "schoolyard" behaviour suggests a puerile mentality.
                Awwwwwwww, you're feewin bewiddled? Need a safe place?

What you wrote here is pure and unsubstantiated opinion. "The same liberals who want to defund police are so pro-union that they'll never see unions as a main part of the problem. Same with public school and teachers unions."
                Yes, that's my opinion based on the FACTS that unions overwhelming support the Democrats, and the Democrats overwhelmingly support unions.
                Teachers unions in particular are near and dear to the hearts of liberals, yet they - the teachers unions - are a major part of why our public education system is so screwed up.

Where exactly is your "argument" in those comments?
                All over this board in multiple threads.

And why do you think the article YOU posted says....

We need to curb the power of police unions, the biggest protectors of the blue wall.

Are you really wanting to dispute the article that YOU posted?

Comment

As opposed to somebody who lives outside of this country who has NEVER "done the job" for ANY period of time.

Comment

As opposed to somebody who lives outside of this country who has NEVER "done the job" for ANY period of time.

From what I can tell, her knowledge of policing is based solely on watching TV cop shows and movies. And listening to liberal news reports.

Comment

I have noticed a marked tendency on your part to resort to making belittling comments towards anyone who disagrees with or challenges you and your preconceived ideas.
                      8cf.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I wish LivePD was still on. It showed what policing was really like, and how they mostly are out there helping people. And it showed how idiotic and dangerous the people they have to deal with are. The news makes out those arrested or shot as some sort of innocent victim who was just minding their own business when the Gestapo came along and started harassing them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          I wish LivePD was still on. It showed what policing was really like, and how they mostly are out there helping people. And it showed how idiotic and dangerous the people they have to deal with are. The news makes out those arrested or shot as some sort of innocent victim who was just minding their own business when the Gestapo came along and started harassing them.
                          We also are living in an age where if someone is psychotic and their actions get themselves shot it is now somehow the police officer's fault for not being psychically aware the person had mental issues. Moreover, it's not like being mentally disturbed suddenly means they aren't a danger. It doesn't mean that we should respond, oh they're just touched in the head so we should ignore the fact that they're running up and down the street stark naked with a sword screaming at and chasing everyone they meet.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I have noticed a marked tendency on your part to resort to making belittling comments towards anyone who disagrees with or challenges you and your preconceived ideas. That "schoolyard" behaviour suggests a puerile mentality.

Comment

How do you know what I may have done in my earlier life?
                              "It ain't necessarily so
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                I did quite enjoy that show, sad that the network cancelled it to look woke, in a time where we need something like that more than ever.

Comment