Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Police officer shot and killed a Black teenage girl holding a knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    You guys know that the red serge uniform is only used ceremonially, right?
    Yes, which is why my comment that started this whole thing was encased in sarcasm tags.

I actually think it's a GORGEOUS uniform, and even the Sam Brown belt I mentioned is only used by most departments on "dress uniforms".

(I thought I mentioned that, but don't see that comment from me)
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      By they way --- the "Sam Brown" belt shown here has been abandoned by most police departments except on "dress uniforms" because it was way too easy for the subject to grab that strap and whip the officer all over the place --- like giving the subject a "handle" with which to grab the officer.
      Ah -- here --- yes, "dress uniforms"! Otherwise known as "parade dress uniforms" or "ceremonial dress uniforms" or.....

you get the picture!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Ah -- here --- yes, "dress uniforms"! Otherwise known as "parade dress uniforms" or "ceremonial dress uniforms" or.....

you get the picture!
        I dîd get the picture! But I don't think the other guys did!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I dîd get the picture! But I don't think the other guys did!
          Gotcha --- and maybe the stereotypes presented by such fictional characters as Dudley Do Right....

dudley.jpg

...support the notion that this is "the working uniform".

Attached Files

Comment

Gotcha --- and maybe the stereotypes presented by such fictional characters as Dudley Do Right....

dudley.jpg

Yuh.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

dudley.jpg

But his horse was cool.

4d3f6a742c0c3d192522f0109538cb68.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yuh.
                OK, you made me look!!!! Uniforms and equipment | Royal Canadian Mounted Police (rcmp-grc.gc.ca)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

The officer was protecting the young lady in pink from being stabbed by a six-inch paring knife. Or does her life not matter?
                  If he has been a little less focused on his gun, he might have saved them both.
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                  “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

If he has been a little less focused on his gun, he might have saved them both.
                    He wasn't "focused on his gun" - he was CLEARLY focused on a girl about to be stabbed, which is perfectly clear to anybody who doesn't have cranius rectumuptis.

Comment

• I don't know why you all are even responding to firstfloor. He is like:

lalala.gif

Comment

I don't know why you all are even responding to firstfloor. He is like:

lalala.gif
                        He's the court jester who comes running out to make people laugh, doing stupid things and saying stupid things, then running back off stage.

(he just hasn't figured out how to be funny instead of stupid. )

Comment

He wasn't "focused on his gun" - he was CLEARLY focused on a girl about to be stabbed, which is perfectly clear to anybody who doesn't have cranius rectumuptis.
                          He stepped out of his car with his hand on his gun and pulled it out if it’s holster as soon as girl 1 fell at his feet. I suggest that if he had both hands free, he might have grabbed Ma’Khia, and saved her life. She was very close for a brief moment and moving quickly. It would have been a good catch.

Or, he might have chased after her, rather than taking up a firing position. Was “get down” a warning to others so that he had a clear shot at his target. Pink girl was very close - a risky shot.
                          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

He stepped out of his car with his hand on his gun and pulled it out if it’s holster as soon as girl 1 fell at his feet. I suggest that if he had both hands free, he might have grabbed Ma’Khia, and saved her life. She was very close for a brief moment and moving quickly. It would have been a good catch.

Or, he might have chased after her, rather than taking up a firing position. Was “get down” a warning to others so that he had a clear shot at his target. Pink girl was very close - a risky shot.
                            OK, time for you to take your silly little game somewhere else, but not in my thread.

Buybye!

Comment

It was pretty obvious what had his attention was that knife

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Why didn't the city send in a social worker instead?

Comment