Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Police officer shot and killed a Black teenage girl holding a knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

We can think about how this might have turned out differently. Ma'Khia was passive when she walked out of the house. Girl 1 set her off, M rushed her and girl 1 tripped while going backwards. Immediately, grey man starts kicking girl 1. Pink girl approaches the fight, when M immediately turns and pushes her backwards.

So, who are the aggressors? Was M just standing up for her poor Grandmother?

The cop cannot be blamed, but I think it very likely that he misunderstood the situation.
    Passive? They had to call 911 on her!

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
      It is likely that something else was happening. She holds her arm down and slightly behind, then bends her elbow and extends the wrist bringing the knife to head level, where her opponent can see it. This might not be a stabbing action.
      Right, and if you listen closely to the audio, she's actually saying, "This is the kind of knife Gordon Ramsey says to use when preparing a Beef Wellington." It wasn't an attempted stabbing at all, she was just giving a very energetic cooking lesson. Maybe if the cop hadn't been so quick to pull the trigger he might have realized that.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Right, and if you listen closely to the audio, she's actually saying, "This is the kind of knife Gordon Ramsey says to use when preparing a Beef Wellington." It wasn't an attempted stabbing at all, she was just giving a very energetic cooking lesson. Maybe if the cop hadn't been so quick to pull the trigger he might have realized that.
        If she would have held her pinky extended as she put forth her mighty effort to skewer the target of her furor, the constables would never have opened fire upon her

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          And at that point the mystery of whatever happened to JimL's bong was solved.

Even your fellow stoners/heads/chronics or whatever "kids these days" are calling y'all, probably looked at you strange when you said that out loud. Unfortunately it appears that you misread their laughter as being their thinking it was funny, and so you figured you'd share it and hence we arrive at your post
          Can you imagine the hate mail when Spock says “ Jim, we have no idea what we’re going to find down there.” And Jim says “True, set phasers to obliterate, assume firing positions, energise.”

protect and serve, or shoot to kill?
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Can you imagine the hate mail when Spock says “ Jim, we have no idea what we’re going to find down there.” And Jim says “True, set phasers to obliterate, assume firing positions, energise.”

Guilty, until proven innocent, eh?

Comment

Now this is the troll I remember.

In spite of handling firearms most of my life as well as carrying at least one for almost thirty years (though not any longer), I've somehow managed to miss the "stun" setting on any of them. Is it anything like the safety?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                The officer was protecting the young lady in pink from being stabbed by a six-inch paring knife. Or does her life not matter?
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

The officer was protecting the young lady in pink from being stabbed by a six-inch paring knife. Or does her life not matter?
                  The one thing we've learned over the past few years is that the only deaths of black people that matter to many of those on the left is the ones that they can exploit.

Comment

• Don't think this would be news if it were a white boy killed before he stabbed another teen.
                    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                      Don't think this would be news if it were a white boy killed before he stabbed another teen.
                      Or if it involved Hispanics, Asians, Native Americans...

Comment

If she would have held her pinky extended as she put forth her mighty effort to skewer the target of her furor, the constables would never have opened fire upon her
                        You guys are idiots! If you zoom in and clarify the video you can clearly see there was a bee on the pink girl's head and she was merely trying to brush it away with the knife to protect her friend.

Comment

Now this is the troll I remember.

In spite of handling firearms most of my life as well as carrying at least one for almost thirty years (though not any longer), I've somehow managed to miss the "stun" setting on any of them. Is it anything like the safety?
                          I think that's why I liked a revolver so much --- you never had to worry whether the safety was on or off.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The one thing we've learned over the past few years is that the only deaths of black people that matter to many of those on the left is the ones that they can exploit.
                            - remember the black cop, David Dorn, that was killed by looters last year when he was trying to protect a friend's store? Where was the nationwide furor over that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I think that's why I liked a revolver so much --- you never had to worry whether the safety was on or off.
                              I worked with a guy with a pair of customized Colt Pythons that were modified by adding external safety switches on them.

Comment

I worked with a guy with a pair of customized Colt Pythons that were modified by adding external safety switches on them.
                                My Ruger Security Six .357 magnum (my most favorite handgun ever) came with a built in safety -----

Don't pull the trigger - safety on
                                Pull the trigger - safety off

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment