Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Police officer shot and killed a Black teenage girl holding a knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• safe_image.php.jpg
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I'm beginning to think that firstfloor is starlight's "dumb sockpuppet".

Both seem to know far more about our own country than we do, and wish to set us straight.
      We can think about how this might have turned out differently. Ma'Khia was passive when she walked out of the house. Girl 1 set her off, M rushed her and girl 1 tripped while going backwards. Immediately, grey man starts kicking girl 1. Pink girl approaches the fight, when M immediately turns and pushes her backwards.

So, who are the aggressors? Was M just standing up for her poor Grandmother?

The cop cannot be blamed, but I think it very likely that he misunderstood the situation.

“I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• This is not up to your usual standards of trolling.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
          We can think about how this might have turned out differently.
          When you pin on a badge and work a beat in a troubled part of town, and actually face down threats, THEN tell me how police should do their jobs.

Til then, just shut up.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

We can think about how this might have turned out differently. Ma'Khia was passive when she walked out of the house. Girl 1 set her off, M rushed her and girl 1 tripped while going backwards. Immediately, grey man starts kicking girl 1. Pink girl approaches the fight, when M immediately turns and pushes her backwards.
            Something roughly 6" long, plus the handle or grip, and that played a crucial role in all of this, appears to be missing from your summation

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Something roughly 6" long, plus the handle or grip, and that played a crucial role in all of this, appears to be missing from your summation
              Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln...
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Another one...

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Stabbings are pretty rare and it would be doubly rare to see a stabbing, even attempted, on video. It is likely that something else was happening. She holds her arm down and slightly behind, then bends her elbow and extends the wrist bringing the knife to head level, where her opponent can see it. This might not be a stabbing action.

The events and circumstances will be examined. Notice that the police have not identified the caller. Why?
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Stabbings are pretty rare
                    wrong

and it would be doubly rare to see a stabbing, even attempted, on video.
                    double wrong - everybody has a camera these days, police dash cams, officer body cams, citizen phone cams....

It is likely that something else was happening. She holds her arm down and slightly behind, then bends her elbow and extends the wrist bringing the knife to head level, where her opponent can see it. This might not be a stabbing action.
                    And you might not be a , but my money is on 'yes'.

The events and circumstances will be examined.
                    They already have been.

Notice that the police have not identified the caller. Why?
                    Because it doesn't matter who the caller is -- what matters is that the officer saw TWO people in immediate risk of loss of life, and took action, as he should.

Comment

Stabbings are pretty rare and it would be doubly rare to see a stabbing, even attempted, on video.
                      Where in the %#ж$ing $иф#%# did you get that nonsense from?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Where in the %#ж$ing $иф#%# did you get that nonsense from?
                        Ask me, ask me!!!!! His nether regions?

Comment

Ask me, ask me!!!!! His nether regions?
                          Hand me a plunger. I think we need to put it back

Comment

Because it doesn't matter who the caller is -- what matters is that the officer saw TWO people in immediate risk of loss of life, and took action, as he should.

I bet it matters to officer Nicholas Reardon.

When Captain J T Kirk policed the galaxy, before going into a potentially dangerous situation, he would always order “phasers on stun.”

In this case, as soon as he steps out of his cruiser, Reardon is ready to administer deadly force. Before he fired, he already knows that the first girl attacked by someone with a knife, is not stabbed.

Comment

I bet it matters...
                              The officer deals with what he/she sees on arrival at the scene with the dispatch information he/she has available. Periodl

That's how it works, an no amount of insane reasoning changes that. Doesn't matter if the call was initiated by Pee Wee Herman.

Comment

When Captain J T Kirk policed the galaxy, before going into a potentially dangerous situation, he would always order “phasers on stun.”
                                And at that point the mystery of whatever happened to JimL's bong was solved.

Even your fellow stoners/heads/chronics or whatever "kids these days" are calling y'all, probably looked at you strange when you said that out loud. Unfortunately it appears that you misread their laughter as being their thinking it was funny, and so you figured you'd share it and hence we arrive at your post

Comment