Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Police officer shot and killed a Black teenage girl holding a knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I actually suggested that last night at Church -- that this whole "new religion" in our country (world?) is the prince of the power of the air.
    As is every religion, ever, that is not proclaiming Christ as Saviour and repentance from sin and faith not works.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      Nobody else was injured.

I have not heard what was going on before the police arrived - perhaps just another distressed kid meets American trigger happy cop story. We will see.
      image_49204.jpgimage_49205.jpg

There now you can see for yourself exactly what was going on when he arrived and was forced to shoot to stop an attempted stabbing.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Nobody else was injured.

I have not heard what was going on before the police arrived - perhaps just another distressed kid meets American trigger happy cop story. We will see.
        There's actual video - just like there was in the George Floyd situation. She had tried to attack one girl with a knife, and was actually in the process of stabbing another when she was shot.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• firstfloor doesn't care. Like others of the same mindset, he only sees what he wants to see.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Let's be perfectly clear - the TITLE of this thread is BOGUS ---- but that is what the media was reporting even when they KNEW it wasn't just about a "teenager holding a knife". It was a steaming pile of horsie poo from the start.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

There's actual video - just like there was in the George Floyd situation. She had tried to attack one girl with a knife, and was actually in the process of stabbing another when she was shot.
              .... and why? I think we may find that she was the victim of bullying or some such thing, and was simply sorting out her tormentors.

I advocate for works, not faith.
              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

.... and why? I think we may find that she was the victim of bullying or some such thing, and was simply sorting out her tormentors.

So you would have been perfectly fine if the officer had just stood there and let her stab the other girl.

Got it.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post

So you would have been perfectly fine if the officer had just stood there and let her stab the other girl.

Got it.
                  Obviously FF would have been happy if the girl was stabbed to death...
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

But you exude stupidity.

The officer had two choices ---- stop the immediate deadly threat to another human being - or don't do anything and allow the victim to be stabbed to death.

"White cop watches and does nothing as black girl stabbed to death!"

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

Obviously FF would have been happy if the girl was stabbed to death...
                      That's how I read his comments.

Comment

Fox has been showing a video from a neighbor's security camera (from across the street) - it shows a wide angle view of what was going on. In it you can see that the cop really had no choice and everything happened in a few seconds. I haven't seen that video posted online yet but if I do I will post it here.

--
                        eta: you can view the video here:

https://nypost.com/2021/04/22/makhia...-had-to-shoot/
                        Last edited by Sparko; 04-22-2021, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Fox has been showing a video from a neighbor's security camera (from across the street) - it shows a wide angle view of what was going on. In it you can see that the cop
                          really had no choice and everything happened in a few seconds. I haven't seen that video posted online yet but if I do I will post it here.
                          Most police departments have a mandatory "shooting board" that will look at the facts and determine if it was a "righteous shooting". This cop has absolutely nothing to worry about*.

*well, I take that back - in this crazy world, BLM and corporate BOZOs could get involved and persuade a judge and/or jury to do something really really stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Got it.
                            Noboby else was hurt. Maybe, nobody else would have been hurt. We will never know.

Obviously the cop has to intervene in some way, but does he really have to fire four times, when she had not herself inflicted injury on anyone else. What steps had the other girls taken either to enrage the victim or remove themselves from danger?

Shoot first, ask questions later, seems to be your answer.
                            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

But you exude stupidity.

The officer had two choices ---- stop the immediate deadly threat to another human being - or don't do anything and allow the victim to be stabbed to death.

"White cop watches and does nothing as black girl stabbed to death!"
                              i don't think that has been established by the evidence. Lets not be seduced by notions of pre-crime, like in Minority Report. You don't want to be getting involved with dodgy eye surgery.

Comment

Noboby else was hurt. Maybe, nobody else would have been hurt. We will never know.

Obviously the cop has to intervene in some way, but does he really have to fire four times, when she had not herself inflicted injury on anyone else. What steps had the other girls taken either to enrage the victim or remove themselves from danger?

Shoot first, ask questions later, seems to be your answer.
                                He didn't shoot first. He told her to get down, and in the 9 seconds he had to act, he did what he thought was best to stop her from stabbing the other girl.

Do you really think that that knife would not have ended up in the body of the girl in pink? If that is what you think, you are not only blind, but stupid.

Comment