Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Police officer shot and killed a Black teenage girl holding a knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post

I mean, when you read some of the articles about this story, you can literally see the meticulous and calculating way they're framing it to look like something it isn't. It's purely intentional.
    (Warning some objectionable language in the article).

NBC and its stellar journalism, at it again. They not only cut out the part of the knife in her hand as she attacks her victim before she gets shot, but they edit the 911 call to remove parts mentioned about the knife (video of their news broadcast is in the link).

Following the fatal officer-involved shooting of 16-year-old black girl, Ma'Khia Bryant - who was about to stab another black girl in Columbus, Ohio - tensions flared high as a flood of leftist journalists and 'blue-checks' on Twitter falsely reported that Bryant was unarmed.

Less than a day later, bodycam footage revealed that Bryant was clearly wielding a knife - and about to stab the other black teen when she was shot.

NBC News, however, continued peddling the 'unarmed' lie with a deceptive edit of the 911 call to remove a reference to the attempted stabbing, as well as the video - which NBC stops right before it's apparent the teen is holding a knife.

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
      officer did nothing wrong here. He shot the assailant but the other officer administered first aid. So unlike the Chauvin case. Apples to orange isn’t even close this is more like celery to oranges....
      Yes, absolutely no comparison. The only real similarity is a dead body, and that's tragic.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Well maybe even the people down there are getting that he had no choice and he saved a life. I didn't hear of any rioting last night. Not sure if it was just because the MSM is not reporting on it, or if people just realize that this was not "police violence" but "protect and serve"
        There was some woman sauntering about with a bullhorn, apparently trying to incite the crowd, but they appeared not to be buying it.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

(Warning some objectionable language in the article).

NBC and its stellar journalism, at it again. They not only cut out the part of the knife in her hand as she attacks her victim before she gets shot, but they edit the 911 call to remove parts mentioned about the knife (video of their news broadcast is in the link).
          Again, not just "bad journalism", but guerilla warfare journalism.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Yes, absolutely no comparison. The only real similarity is a dead body, and that's tragic.
            I don’t understand why wokeism is so eager to disregard justice
            A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Maybe because it's being driven by the Father of Lies?

Comment

Another racist idiot:

Rashida Tlaib: Reaction to Ma'khia Bryant shooting 'maddening,' no justification for 'the killing of a child'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ras...ting-maddening
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Even in self defense/defense of others? A teen 8s not a helpless little kid.
                  If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Because wokeism is a religion in and of itself, and justice is only justice if it serves wokeism.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

Maybe because it's being driven by the Father of Lies?
                      I actually suggested that last night at Church -- that this whole "new religion" in our country (world?) is the prince of the power of the air.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                        Another racist idiot:

Rashida Tlaib: Reaction to Ma'khia Bryant shooting 'maddening,' no justification for 'the killing of a child'

Never mind that this "child" had the size and weight that would have made her a match for any adult male, and she was wielding a knife!
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Nobody else was injured.

I have not heard what was going on before the police arrived - perhaps just another distressed kid meets American trigger happy cop story. We will see.
                          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                            I have not heard what was going on...
                            Indeed. Your idiotic commentary is obviously born out of ignorance.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                              Nobody else was injured.

I have not heard what was going on before the police arrived - perhaps just another distressed kid meets American trigger happy cop story. We will see.
                              Translation: "I have no idea what I am talking about but I will spew my ignorant opinion anyway"

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                                Another racist idiot:

She had previously weighed in on the Daunte Wright situation insisting it was intentional.
                                Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                It seems most analysts I've seen pretty much agree with the charges being appropriate. There have been a few exceptions. A few of those looney toon leftists on the far fringe who think all police are racists and they should be totally abolished.

I guess that "looney toon leftists on the far fringe" includes "Squad" member Rashida Tlaib (D-MI).

She also appears to think that Daunte Wright was shot intentionally and wants "no more policing"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment