Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Police officer shot and killed a Black teenage girl holding a knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post
    No comment needed except to point out, this woman has more than 450k followers...

wow. We don't need police to interfere with teenagers knifing each other. She really said that.

If it were her or one of her children being knifed by someone I am guessing she would have a different opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

wow. We don't need police to interfere with teenagers knifing each other. She really said that.

If it were her or one of her children being knifed by someone I am guessing she would have a different opinion.
      She's basically claiming that black people are too stupid to maintain order among themselves, and whitey has used that to fool them into being policed by them.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

And LeBron was his usual idiot self...

LeBron James accused of inciting violence with 'YOU'RE NEXT' tweet targeting Columbus police officer

https://www.foxnews.com/media/lebron...ure-next-tweet
        The same clown who kvetches about the need for social justice in America while simultaneously burying his face between the Chicom's cheeks to the point that he literally attacks anyone who brings up their slave labor camps and wanton discrimination to the point of an outright persecution of the Uighurs. What a jackass.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And LeBron was his usual idiot self...

LeBron James accused of inciting violence with 'YOU'RE NEXT' tweet targeting Columbus police officer

https://www.foxnews.com/media/lebron...ure-next-tweet
          It was a very dumb tweet. I have no doubt that he meant to tie this officer to Chauvin, but it's also very easy to misinterpret to a call for violence.

Comment

Here is an example of what would have happened if the police officer was not there and shot the girl with the knife:

Same time frame as this case, the next city over:

‘They took my baby:’ Parents say bullying led to 13-year-old’s stabbing death

Nyaira Givens died Monday after an argument with another 13-year-old girl.

By Brittany Harry | April 21, 2021 at 10:13 PM EDT - Updated April 21 at 10:57 PM

CINCINNATI (FOX19) - The parents of a 13-year-old who was stabbed to death Monday are struggling with the fact that they’ll never see their daughter alive again.

“I won’t be able to see my baby,” said Ashley Givens, whose daughter Nyaira died at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital. “I can’t see that smile.”

Court documents say Nyaira and another 13-year-old girl got into an argument in Winton Hills, during which the other girl cut Nyaira on the side of her neck with a pocket knife.

“That was my baby, and they took that,” Ashley said through tears on Wednesday. “They took her from me. They took my baby.”

Ashley says Nyaira, an avid singer, dancer and TikTok artist, endured bullying from the girl prior to Monday’s incident.

“At a point in time, I can honestly say that they were friends,” she explained. “After they had their differences, my daughter pretty much stayed to herself... and ever since then, that’s when the bullying and the rumors and everything started with her.”

The other girl appeared in court on Wednesday. She is charged with two counts of murder and one count of felonious assault. Her lawyer asked that she be released to her mother, whom court documents show not to be her legal guardian.

“The girl that stabbed my baby... My baby needs justice,” Ashley said. “I need justice. My family needs justice. Her siblings need justice.”

https://www.fox19.com/2021/04/21/the...tabbing-death/

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              And in a jaw-dropping display of honesty and integrity the like of which tends to cause folks to be on the look out for four rather scary-looking men on horseback, last night CNN Prime Time host Chris "Fredo" Cuomo and CNN Tonight host Don a-black-hole-sucked-up-Flight-370 Lemon actually defended the Columbus, Ohio officer.

Lemon, even explained how difficult it was for the police when they roll up at scenes that are pure chaos explaining:

When they roll up on the scene, they see people tussling around. Someone has a knife. And their job is to protect and serve. Every life on that scene. And if they see someone who is in the process of taking a life, what is that decision, what decision do they have to make? And I..., that people say, “Well, you can do this you can do that.” Tasers don't work the way guns work.

An even bigger shock is when Cuomo started questioning where were the parents, especially since the father of the girl who was killed apparently only came out of the house after the shooting in order to get in a fight with the cops.
              I feel like I've slipped through to a parallel universe where liberals are actually capable of dealing in logic and common sense.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

She's basically claiming that black people are too stupid to maintain order among themselves, and whitey has used that to fool them into being policed by them.
                I think, rather, she's saying that blacks are perfectly capable of settling disputes themselves without police intervention (apparently by knifing each other), and that the belief that the police are needed to maintain the peace is a white man's lie.
                Last edited by Mountain Man; 04-22-2021, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I think, rather, she's saying that blacks are perfectly capable of settling disputes themselves without police intervention (apparently by knifing each other), and that the belief that the police are needed to maintain the peace is a white man's lie.
                  Then why aren't they doing it now in their neighborhoods?
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Apparently they are. According to Bree Newsome's Twitter thread, the police need to stay out of the way and let blacks kill each other.

Comment

Apparently they are. According to Bree Newsome's Twitter thread, the police need to stay out of the way and let blacks kill each other.
                      They are doing a great job too. See my post above where one girl DID kill another with a pocket knife, just yesterday in Cincinnati.

And in Chicago:

7-year-old girl killed, father shot while sitting at McDonald’s drive-thru in Chicago

CHICAGO (WGN) — A 7-year-old girl was shot to death and her father wounded while they sat at a McDonald’s drive-thru in Chicago on Sunday.

The incident is believed to be a targeted gang-related shooting, Chicago police said.
                      https://fox59.com/news/crimetracker/...ru-in-chicago/

Someone should post those on Newsome's tweet and ask her if that is what she wants.

Comment

I feel like I've slipped through to a parallel universe where liberals are actually capable of dealing in logic and common sense.
                        Meanwhile...

Source: Jen Psaki baselessly and disgracefully racialized the killing in Columbus

“Believe your own eyes” — that was the prosecutor’s final admonition to the jury in the Derek Chauvin trial. And indeed, the evidence of their own eyes was likely the reason the jury members didn’t accept the defense’s case that there was “reasonable doubt” about Chauvin’s guilt. Instead, they convicted him on all charges.

The same admonition should be governing the public response to the horrible event in Columbus, Ohio, that transpired just as the Chauvin verdict was being announced. But it isn’t.

No less than the press secretary of the president of the United States went before the public Wednesday and all but explicitly suggested what had happened in Ohio was an illegitimate, racist police killing.

Believe your own eyes, Jen Psaki. Watch the bodycam footage that shows 16-year-old Ma’Khia Bryant charging first one fellow teenager, then a second. The second girl was slammed against a car, at which point Bryant began to swing her right arm — with a knife in her hand.

The police officer whose camera recorded the event had told her to “get down,” and she hadn’t done so. He had only a split second to react as she aimed the knife and readied to swing. He fired.

Believe your own eyes. She had a knife. Had she not been stopped, that knife would have gone into the body of the girl on the car. The police officer was witness to a violent act in real time and interceded the only way he could.

At the five-second mark in the video, the officer has gotten out of his car and is asking someone on the street, “What’s going on?” Two seconds — two seconds — later, the first girl being chased by Bryant falls to the ground.

“Hey! Hey!” the cop says at the nine-second mark, as he spots Bryant turning toward the second girl. At the 10-second mark, he says with great urgency, “Get down! Get down! Get down!”

It’s now the 12-second mark. The cop has removed his gun from his holster. At 13 seconds, Bryant’s arm is drawn. At 14, we see Bryant fall to the ground.

What this means is that the officer found himself in the middle of a violent confrontation and had to act … within nine seconds.

Count off nine seconds. Out of a car. Asks for information. Suddenly a girl falls in front of him, chased by Bryant and her knife. He tells her to get down before removing his weapon and has it in his hand in time to stop her from stabbing the girl against the car.

I’ve watched the bodycam footage 25 times. I can’t imagine what else the police officer could possibly have done given the urgency of the moment — except allow Bryant to stab the other girl.

My own eyes suggested to me, and to the world, that Chauvin was guilty of something — though it was certainly beyond my knowledge then or now, as I wasn’t on the jury, to know precisely what. Likewise, my eyes say this was a horrible, tragic, terrible event in which a police officer may have saved a life in imminent peril.

And yet this is what Psaki, the spokeswoman for the world’s greatest power and leading democracy, said: “She was a child. We’re thinking of her friends and family in the communities that are hurting and grieving her loss. We know that police violence disproportionately impacts black and Latino people in communities and that black women and girls, like black men and boys, experience higher rates of police violence.”

I don’t think my eyes have been blinded by the cop’s whiteness. The girl he saved was black, just like Ma’Khia Bryant. She was a teenager, it seems, just like Ma’Khia Bryant. She has a family, just like Ma’Khia Bryant. And she wasn’t swinging a knife at Ma’Khia Bryant. She was defenseless — until the law enforcement officer defended her.

Who speaks for her and the countless Americans whose lives are saved every day by the intervention of law enforcement? Who will speak out for those who have saved them?

Source

© Copyright Original Source

"Never let a crisis go to waste," as the Obamessiah's first chief dog washer was fond of saying. There are always despicable scum ready, willing and able to exploit any tragedy for political gain.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Thanks - I kept seeing references to the body cam video, but couldn't find it!

And, yes --- he SAVED A BLACK LIFE!!!! For this, the superwoke will blame the cop for killing a black "15 year old holding a knife"! Yet another LIE of the left.

ETA: OK, not clear -- was the intended stabbing victim black or white?
                          officer did nothing wrong here. He shot the assailant but the other officer administered first aid. So unlike the Chauvin case. Apples to orange isn’t even close this is more like celery to oranges....

A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Well maybe even the people down there are getting that he had no choice and he saved a life. I didn't hear of any rioting last night. Not sure if it was just because the MSM is not reporting on it, or if people just realize that this was not "police violence" but "protect and serve"

Comment

One of the predicted worrisome trends resulting from the defund the police drive has been the increase in armed neighborhood patrols. You know, like George Zimmerman.

The AP wrote an article they published during the Chauvin trial called In Minneapolis, armed patrol group tries to keep the peace

The Freedom Fighters formed after the NAACP put out a call for armed men to organize and protect their neighborhoods from looting and arson following Floyd’s death. Hartwell said groups of white people had come into predominantly Black communities and harassed children.

They have also formed relationships with the city government and police department. City spokeswoman Sarah McKenzie said there are several “formal and informal relationships” with members of the Freedom Fighters, but it does not fund or contract with the organization because it is an armed group.

The article repeatedly praises the calming effect that this neighborhood watch wearing body armor and carrying "assault-style weapons" has, but what happens the first time things go sideways as they inevitably will? Who will be responsible?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

This is Bree Newsome. She came to fame several years ago when she climbed a flagpole and removed a Confederate flag from a state building in South Carolina.
                                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment