Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Police officer shot and killed a Black teenage girl holding a knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I'm gonna promote peace by whoppin you on your head!
    Ever notice just how many firearms have been nicknamed "peacekeeper"?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Narrative being spun in the Twitterverse is that the knife wielder was defending herself from the girl in pink.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        and of course people are protesting the shooting already.

They need that girl in pink to say that the police officer saved her life. Which he did.
        Are you nuts? She would have an instant target on her back. Peaceful protestors might even burn her house down.

Comment

I'm sure the headlines would have been better if the police had done nothing.

"White cops stand around watching as black teenage girl kills another with a knife".

Who called the police? Was it one of the girls being attacked? Because isn't it ironic, in that case, that the police are summoned for help by a black person after all the crap throughout the past year with BLM, etc., demanding police defunding and/or dismantling?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Ever notice just how many firearms have been nicknamed "peacekeeper"?
            Not just firearms!!!

peacemaker king dick.jfif
            b-36-peacemaker-large-57c4bbe83df78cc16edb7001.jpgB-36 Peacemaker.
            Attached Files
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

"White cops stand around watching as black teenage girl kills another with a knife".

Who called the police? Was it one of the girls being attacked? Because isn't it ironic, in that case, that the police are summoned for help by a black person after all the crap throughout the past year with BLM, etc., demanding police defunding and/or dismantling?
              I don't know how true any of this is, but this is the story I'm seeing in social media:

Some girls came to the house of the girl in black to pick a fight. The girl in black called the police and then proceeded to grab a knife and confront her attackers. This is why it is being claimed that she was acting in self-defense even though the bodycam footage shows that she was actively assaulting the other girls and attempted to stab one before being shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Are you nuts? She would have an instant target on her back. Peaceful protestors might even burn her house down.
                She is black. It would cause cognitive dissonance as they tried to reconcile a white cop shooting a black girl to save a black girl.

Comment

I don't know how true any of this is, but this is the story I'm seeing in social media:

Some girls came to the house of the girl in black to pick a fight. The girl in black called the police and then proceeded to grab a knife and confront her attackers. This is why it is being claimed that she was acting in self-defense even though the bodycam footage shows that she was actively assaulting the other girls and attempted to stab one before being shot.

Even if true there was no way for the cop to know that, and he would still have had to shoot the girl in black because she was about to murder the girl in pink. A half second more and she would have been stabbed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Even if true there was no way for the cop to know that, and he would still have had to shoot the girl in black because she was about to murder the girl in pink. A half second more and she would have been stabbed.
                    It's also hard to buy the "self-defense" argument when she's raising a knife against an unarmed opponent who is cowering in fear.

Comment

It's also hard to buy the "self-defense" argument when she's raising a knife against an unarmed opponent who is cowering in fear.
                      And any officer in his right mind would see a lethal attack in progress, and is sworn to defend persons from such attack.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Kind of like when someone declares self-defense when they shot someone in the back who had been running away.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

The girl that called 911 was the one killed.
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

The girl that called 911 was the one killed.
                            Yet she is still attempting to stab two people after the cops arrive!
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

This looks a lot like someone who was, by the point police arrived, blinded with rage.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

I have to believe this is a very troubled girl - she was reportedly in the care of Social Services, yet her mother is speaking for her. And the fact that she is the one who called 911 doesn't change the fact that she is the one with the knife in her hand threatening others.

Comment