Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Police officer shot and killed a Black teenage girl holding a knife

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

    I actually suggested that last night at Church -- that this whole "new religion" in our country (world?) is the prince of the power of the air.
    As is every religion, ever, that is not proclaiming Christ as Saviour and repentance from sin and faith not works.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      Nobody else was injured.

      I have not heard what was going on before the police arrived - perhaps just another distressed kid meets American trigger happy cop story. We will see.
      image_49204.jpgimage_49205.jpg

      There now you can see for yourself exactly what was going on when he arrived and was forced to shoot to stop an attempted stabbing.

      I'm always still in trouble again

      "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

      Comment


      • Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
        Nobody else was injured.

        I have not heard what was going on before the police arrived - perhaps just another distressed kid meets American trigger happy cop story. We will see.
        There's actual video - just like there was in the George Floyd situation. She had tried to attack one girl with a knife, and was actually in the process of stabbing another when she was shot.
        "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

        Comment


        • firstfloor doesn't care. Like others of the same mindset, he only sees what he wants to see.


          Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

          Comment


          • Let's be perfectly clear - the TITLE of this thread is BOGUS ---- but that is what the media was reporting even when they KNEW it wasn't just about a "teenager holding a knife". It was a steaming pile of horsie poo from the start.
            "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

              There's actual video - just like there was in the George Floyd situation. She had tried to attack one girl with a knife, and was actually in the process of stabbing another when she was shot.
              .... and why? I think we may find that she was the victim of bullying or some such thing, and was simply sorting out her tormentors.

              I advocate for works, not faith.
              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
              “not all there” - you know who you are

              Comment


              • Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

                .... and why? I think we may find that she was the victim of bullying or some such thing, and was simply sorting out her tormentors.

                I advocate for works, not faith.
                So you would have been perfectly fine if the officer had just stood there and let her stab the other girl.

                Got it.


                Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by mossrose View Post

                  So you would have been perfectly fine if the officer had just stood there and let her stab the other girl.

                  Got it.
                  Obviously FF would have been happy if the girl was stabbed to death...
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

                    .... and why? I think we may find that she was the victim of bullying or some such thing, and was simply sorting out her tormentors.

                    I advocate for works, not faith.
                    But you exude stupidity.

                    The officer had two choices ---- stop the immediate deadly threat to another human being - or don't do anything and allow the victim to be stabbed to death.

                    "White cop watches and does nothing as black girl stabbed to death!"
                    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by seer View Post

                      Obviously FF would have been happy if the girl was stabbed to death...
                      That's how I read his comments.


                      Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

                        There's actual video - just like there was in the George Floyd situation. She had tried to attack one girl with a knife, and was actually in the process of stabbing another when she was shot.
                        Fox has been showing a video from a neighbor's security camera (from across the street) - it shows a wide angle view of what was going on. In it you can see that the cop really had no choice and everything happened in a few seconds. I haven't seen that video posted online yet but if I do I will post it here.

                        --
                        eta: you can view the video here:

                        https://nypost.com/2021/04/22/makhia...-had-to-shoot/
                        Last edited by Sparko; 04-22-2021, 02:17 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Fox has been showing a video from a neighbor's security camera (from across the street) - it shows a wide angle view of what was going on. In it you can see that the cop
                          really had no choice and everything happened in a few seconds. I haven't seen that video posted online yet but if I do I will post it here.
                          Most police departments have a mandatory "shooting board" that will look at the facts and determine if it was a "righteous shooting". This cop has absolutely nothing to worry about*.


                          *well, I take that back - in this crazy world, BLM and corporate BOZOs could get involved and persuade a judge and/or jury to do something really really stupid.

                          "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by mossrose View Post

                            So you would have been perfectly fine if the officer had just stood there and let her stab the other girl.

                            Got it.
                            Noboby else was hurt. Maybe, nobody else would have been hurt. We will never know.

                            Obviously the cop has to intervene in some way, but does he really have to fire four times, when she had not herself inflicted injury on anyone else. What steps had the other girls taken either to enrage the victim or remove themselves from danger?

                            Shoot first, ask questions later, seems to be your answer.
                            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                            “not all there” - you know who you are

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

                              But you exude stupidity.

                              The officer had two choices ---- stop the immediate deadly threat to another human being - or don't do anything and allow the victim to be stabbed to death.

                              "White cop watches and does nothing as black girl stabbed to death!"
                              i don't think that has been established by the evidence. Lets not be seduced by notions of pre-crime, like in Minority Report. You don't want to be getting involved with dodgy eye surgery.
                              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                              “not all there” - you know who you are

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

                                Noboby else was hurt. Maybe, nobody else would have been hurt. We will never know.

                                Obviously the cop has to intervene in some way, but does he really have to fire four times, when she had not herself inflicted injury on anyone else. What steps had the other girls taken either to enrage the victim or remove themselves from danger?

                                Shoot first, ask questions later, seems to be your answer.
                                He didn't shoot first. He told her to get down, and in the 9 seconds he had to act, he did what he thought was best to stop her from stabbing the other girl.

                                Do you really think that that knife would not have ended up in the body of the girl in pink? If that is what you think, you are not only blind, but stupid.


                                Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seanD, Yesterday, 11:57 PM
                                0 responses
                                3 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seanD
                                by seanD
                                 
                                Started by Gondwanaland, Yesterday, 06:02 PM
                                2 responses
                                20 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post rogue06
                                by rogue06
                                 
                                Started by CivilDiscourse, Yesterday, 01:18 PM
                                0 responses
                                19 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post CivilDiscourse  
                                Started by rogue06, 06-15-2021, 08:01 AM
                                17 responses
                                158 views
                                2 likes
                                Last Post Gondwanaland  
                                Started by Sparko, 06-14-2021, 10:51 AM
                                7 responses
                                54 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seanD
                                by seanD
                                 
                                Working...
                                X