Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Police officer shot and killed a Black teenage girl holding a knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Donchaknow that only guns are lethal weapons? That knife wouldn't kill nobody! And it was a rubber knife!

If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

He did.
      My worry is that the shootee was being harassed and bullied about something, in which case, these events are doubly troubling for all concerned. My guts are speaking to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post

.... and why? I think we may find that she was the victim of bullying or some such thing, and was simply sorting out her tormentors.

I advocate for works, not faith.
        Right, according to liberal morons on Twitter, black kids knifing each other in the hood is a time honored tradition in inner city communities and a perfectly decent way of settling disputes, and the white pigs should keep their noses out of it if know what's good for them.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Fox has been showing a video from a neighbor's security camera (from across the street) - it shows a wide angle view of what was going on. In it you can see that the cop really had no choice and everything happened in a few seconds. I haven't seen that video posted online yet but if I do I will post it here.

--
          eta: you can view the video here:

https://nypost.com/2021/04/22/makhia...-had-to-shoot/
          Ah, come on, he should have "deescalated" the situation ("deescalate" seems to be the magic word among liberals right now).

The bodycam footage was pretty clear as to the sequence of events, but this adds a couple more details, primarily that the officer did try to grab Bryant after she knocked the first girl to the ground, by Bryant ducked away from him and charged towards the girl in pink.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

My worry is that the shootee was being harassed and bullied about something, in which case, these events are doubly troubling for all concerned. My guts are speaking to me.
            It was a justified shoot. Period.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• For our worried friend firstfloor, don't worry, doesn't look like she was remotely being bullied. She literally ran (plodded? thundered?) out of the house and bullrushed out from being nowhere near the girls as the cops arrived, and slammed the one girl to the ground in front of the cop, then tried to stab the other.

Here we go, secondary footage synced up with the officer footage:
              https://twitter.com/TVGBadger/status...92070752309250

Comment

i don't think that has been established by the evidence. Lets not be seduced by notions of pre-crime, like in Minority Report. You don't want to be getting involved with dodgy eye surgery.
                The video evidence shows what she was doing and that the policeman had no other choice unless you like the leftist on Twitter think he should have let her stab the other girl by doing nothing. You are a good example of the adage None so blind as Those who will not see here stop being such a jackass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                  For our worried friend firstfloor, don't worry, doesn't look like she was remotely being bullied. She literally ran (plodded? thundered?) out of the house and bullrushed out from being nowhere near the girls as the cops arrived, and slammed the one girl to the ground in front of the cop, then tried to stab the other.

Here we go, secondary footage synced up with the officer footage:
                  https://twitter.com/TVGBadger/status...92070752309250
                  You see the guy using his feet? Looks like quite a few folks involved in some dispute. And she did not run out of the house. Why were the cops there?

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post

The video evidence shows what she was doing and that the policeman had no other choice unless you like the leftist on Twitter think he should have let her stab the other girl by doing nothing. You are a good example of the adage None so blind as Those who will not see here stop being such a jackass.
                    Why is the policeman shouting “get down” and who is he shouting at?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Right, according to liberal morons on Twitter, black kids knifing each other in the hood is a time honored tradition in inner city communities and a perfectly decent way of settling disputes, and the white pigs should keep their noses out of it if know what's good for them.
                      As many a white leftist will tell you, blacks can't help but to act that way. That is why they are fortunate to have woke scolds such as themselves to help guide these lesser folks. To tell them how to think and how to act.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I did watch the video. All I am saying is that it is impossible to know what would have happened had the policeman not fired his weapon. Therefore it is impossible to say that other injuries were prevented. Obviously, the policeman is not at fault if he believed that someone was about to be stabbed.
                        It is not impossible to know what would have happened if he had not fired. 99.99% probability the girl in pink would have been stabbed. The attacking girl was in mid swing.

Comment

Your guts are full of crap, so...

Even if it started out as her defending herself, when the police got there it was clear SHE was on the offensive, knocking down one girl and then trying to stab the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post

Are you really this slow witted? He's shouting at the 15-year old girl the size of a linebacker who was attacking other people with a six-inch knife. In the security camera footage, you can see him attempt to grab her while shouting "Get down! Get down!" (in other words, he did try to "deescalate" the situation), but she evaded him and continued her vicious assault.

Comment

You see the guy using his feet? Looks like quite a few folks involved in some dispute. And she did not run out of the house. Why were the cops there?
                              Yes, I did see the guy, he definitely needs to be arrested. What kind of piece of crap human being kicks a teenage girl in the head after she's been shoved to the ground by a deranged knife wielder?

The 'dispute' appears to be that one of the other girls (who were also foster kids at the house it sounds like), called Ma'Khia on not cleaning her room, and apparently Ma'Khia don't like being told to clean her room, to the point that she tries to stab people if they tell her to.

Yes she did run out of the house. It's quite clear in the video, had you bothered to watch it.

The cops were there because one of the other girls called saying that someone (Ma'Khia) was trying to stab people.
                              Last edited by Gondwanaland; 04-23-2021, 08:17 AM.

Comment

The..... the person with a bloody knife in her hand. Whatchoo smoking?

Comment