Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Medical ruling: Capitol cop Sicknick died of natural causes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Even that second "version" was walked back, changning "two law enforcement officials" to something like "persons close to the white house". And, besides being factually incorrect - they were never identified.

"Law enforcement officials initially said Mr. Sicknick was struck with a fire extinguisher, but weeks later, police sources and investigators were at odds over whether he was hit. Medical experts have said he did not die of blunt force trauma, according to one law enforcement official."

So, another unnamed 'law enforcement official' is debunking the reports of 'two [unnamed] law enforcement officials' because it became impossible to maintain the narrative that Sicknick was physically struck with anything at all.
    And AFIACT, the portion that the nonexistent one quoted was not in the original version of the story.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      And AFIACT, the portion that the nonexistent one quoted was not in the original version of the story.
      Yeah, I think there was some poetic license there.

Bottom line --- it was a lie from the beginning. Since it's obvious there was NO blunt force trauma, it doesn't matter WHO the "two law enforcement officials" were, except that they should be fired for false information.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah, I think there was some poetic license there.

Bottom line --- it was a lie from the beginning. Since it's obvious there was NO blunt force trauma, it doesn't matter WHO the "two law enforcement officials" were, except that they should be fired for false information.
        Actually, I suspect there was no "law enforcement official" who said any such thing -- it was more likely "creative journalism".
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

A couple other parts fit the bill a bit better.

A United States Capitol Police officer died on Thursday night from injuries sustained “while physically engaging” with pro-Trump rioters who descended on the U.S. Capitol the day before, the fifth fatality linked to the chaos that engulfed the nation’s capital on Wednesday, according to the authorities.

"The fifth fatality linked" but with a "link" that has no causality. Very sloppy reporting.
          Exactly, other than the part where there's a link with no casualties. You said something about sloppy?

“He returned to his division office and collapsed,” the Capitol Police said in the statement. “He was taken to a local hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries.”

From my understanding he went home talked with or texted his brother and it was the next day that he collapsed. The picture the Times reporter drew here leads one to think that right after the riot when he got back to the station he keeled over and died. Of course that would serve to strengthen the narrative that they wanted to push, but I'm sure that's nothing but a coincidence.
          Your understanding seems to be in conflict with the Capitol Police statement. And is there some part of Thursday, the day after the riot, you need elaborated?

Shall I continue?
          Don't really care one way or another whether you choose to keep digging your hole, but there ain't no way you're ever gonna bend that Times piece into an account of an officer getting bashed in the head with a fire extinguisher until he died, or escape the embarrassment of running with your MSM-bashing fest that didn't bother to check whether Greenwald's story about the story matched the story Greenwald linked.

He lied. You bought it. Because — and yeah, I'm loving this — it fit your narrative.

Comment

Good criminy, you still haven't read the link in the Greenwald piece.

Comment

Actually, I suspect there was no "law enforcement official" who said any such thing -- it was more likely "creative journalism".
              Or was it case like my friend in college who wrote for the school newspaper. He needed the perfect quote for his story, so he handed his roommate the quote on a sheet of paper and asked him to read it. His roommate dutifully did so, and then my friend happily wrote, "Some students have been heard saying..." It wasn't technically a lie.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Or was it case like my friend in college who wrote for the school newspaper. He needed the perfect quote for his story, so he handed his roommate the quote on a sheet of paper and asked him to read it. His roommate dutifully did so, and then my friend happily wrote, "Some students have been heard saying..." It wasn't technically a lie.
                Laughing. I had a pastor friend who, when he didn't want to take a call, would tell his secretary "tell them I'm not here", then he'd step outside of the building for a few minutes so she wouldn't be lying.

One of the deacons caught on to that, and called from his cell phone --- the pastor ducked out the back door where the deacon was standing waiting for him.

Comment

Laughing. I had a pastor friend who, when he didn't want to take a call, would tell his secretary "tell them I'm not here", then he'd step outside of the building for a few minutes so she wouldn't be lying.

One of the deacons caught on to that, and called from his cell phone --- the pastor ducked out the back door where the deacon was standing waiting for him.
                  Of course the phrase "technically not lying" is just a euphemism for lying.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Absolutely.

Comment

We rogue's prefer "skirting the truth"

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

We rogue's prefer "skirting the truth"
                        Us pirates call it "talking"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Us pirates call it "talking breathing"
                          FIFY n/c

Comment