Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Out of Many, One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    You'd lose that bet, I'm afraid. The stories included plenty of criticism regarding the former occupant. If you want to talk to an unabashed Trump supporter, you need to talk to my brother in law, not me.
    Mebbe, mebbe not. I've seen pro-forma criticisms of the former guy used to forestall accusations of bias, and the arguments you're citing, e.g. "suddenly appearing," are clearly Trumpian. Without seeing the stories, I can't argue further for provenance, but that particular claim is embarrassingly wrong. Not only were those votes tracked, and the state laws that prevented them from being counted prior to election day reported, there were endless stories of local Republican officials warning that the campaign to cast doubt on mail-in voting was sabotaging Republican mail-in campaigns they'd historically been winning.

Former guy knew he was going to lose, and figured out a way to create a spurious lead by getting his votes counted before his opponents'.

The marine and his wife would enjoy the company of your brother-in-law, but with me around, unabashedly taking advantage of my superior ability to teach arithmetic, the abashedness is seriously curtailed. For the sake of peace and brotherhood, we don't argue politics, but I've laid down a line. He's under notice to keep his politics away from my science or be forced to sit and squirm while I debunk it.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

Mebbe, mebbe not. I've seen pro-forma criticisms of the former guy used to forestall accusations of bias, and the arguments you're citing, e.g. "suddenly appearing," are clearly Trumpian. Without seeing the stories, I can't argue further for provenance, but that particular claim is embarrassingly wrong. Not only were those votes tracked, and the state laws that prevented them from being counted prior to election day reported, there were endless stories of local Republican officials warning that the campaign to cast doubt on mail-in voting was sabotaging Republican mail-in campaigns they'd historically been winning.
      I retract the "suddenly appearing" bit - that was sloppiness on my part. The criticisms of Trump in the stories I've read were certainly not pro forma, and were consistently applied throughout his first campaign and presidency. Are you conflating absentee mail-in voting (historically good for Republicans, as the generally pro-Republican military figures heavily in that) with COVID-inspired mass-mail voting?
      Former guy knew he was going to lose, and figured out a way to create a spurious lead by getting his votes counted before his opponents'.
      That there's some Q-level conspiracy theory, Jerk.
      The marine and his wife would enjoy the company of your brother-in-law, but with me around, unabashedly taking advantage of my superior ability to teach arithmetic, the abashedness is seriously curtailed. For the sake of peace and brotherhood, we don't argue politics, but I've laid down a line. He's under notice to keep his politics away from my science or be forced to sit and squirm while I debunk it.
      He'd like his gun collection, too.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment