Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Maxine waters, inciting violence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I'm waiting for others like oxmixmudd, not sure if they'll be ignore, deny, downplay, or justify
    In a surprise to absolutely no-one. Pelosi says that she's not afraid that Water's confrontation statement could incite violence.

Comment

The Judge in the Floyd case is none too happy with Waters at all. It was even discussed as a possible reason for a mistrial.

He blasted her (and politicians) pretty harshly for butting in when they should just keep their mouths shut, and stop interfering with a co-equal branch of government.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        The Judge in the Floyd case is none too happy with Waters at all. It was even discussed as a possible reason for a mistrial.

He blasted her (and politicians) pretty harshly for butting in when they should just keep their mouths shut, and stop interfering with a co-equal branch of government.
        Plenty of time to respond after the verdict but speaking out during the trial like that is reprehensible -- and I'm quite aware that she's far from the first, and both sides have done it, but that hardly excuses her behavior.

In a saner time a Congressional censure would be the minimum response.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Plenty of time to respond after the verdict but speaking out during the trial like that is reprehensible -- and I'm quite aware that she's far from the first, and both sides have done it, but that hardly excuses her behavior.

In a saner time a Congressional censure would be the minimum response.
          But she has BlackShield -- she cannot be attacked.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

But she has BlackShield -- she cannot be attacked.
            I'll trade my so-called "white privilege" for what she's got any day.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'll trade my so-called "white privilege" for what she's got any day.
              Sure, she can just spew forth hate and violence and get totally away with it! Just imagine Trump doing anything even similar.

Comment

A mistrial as a result Waters would be just awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

A mistrial as a result Waters would be just awesome.
                  She would deserve it!

Comment

She would deserve it!
                    It would actually be the perfect solution for the dilemma this trial is in -- i.e. can't convict because it would be seen as being publicly influenced therefore not a fair or just trial, but can't not convict because of ensuing riots.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

It would actually be the perfect solution for the dilemma this trial is in -- i.e. can't convict because it would be seen as being publicly influenced therefore not a fair or just trial, but can't not convict because of ensuing riots.
                      If it were anybody else, I might suggest it was calculated to be that.

Comment

He denied the motion to declare a mistrial but said that the defense would have strong grounds for appeal if Chauvin is convicted.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...law-abhorrent/
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

He denied the motion to declare a mistrial but said that the defense would have strong grounds for appeal if Chauvin is convicted.

Yup, it's almost as if he were recommending it. You could tell, if you watched the judge's reaction, that he was really hacked.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I would have been surprised if he did grant it. It is probably the wise choice to kick it upstairs and through public comments like theses make it clear what he thinks.

Comment

I would have been surprised if he did grant it. It is probably the wise choice to kick it upstairs and through public comments like theses make it clear what he thinks.
                              Yeah, he could have started a riot by himself by granting the motion for a mistrial. And, personally, I don't think a mistrial was justified - but a retrial? So much depends on the verdict(s) and the mob response.

Comment

Yeah, he could have started a riot by himself by granting the motion for a mistrial. And, personally, I don't think a mistrial was justified - but a retrial? So much depends on the verdict(s) and the mob response.
                                Pffft. Too many folks are awaiting another opportunity to get free stuff (Target and Walmart have restocked their selection of big screen TVs) and raise cain. They're gonna go out and be rowdy and destructive even if Chauvin is convicted on all counts. They'll just call it a "celebration" then.

A "mostly peaceful" celebration

Comment