Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Blm riots have restarted

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Blm riots have restarted

    We can now resume the justification, minimization, denying, and rationalization, of political violence. If it gets covered at all.

  • #2
    Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
    We can now resume the justification, minimization, denying, and rationalization, of political violence. If it gets covered at all.
    Of course they started rioting again. They got to keep the pressure on old Joe to keep to the far left -- which is exactly what some of those on the left said they would do because they see old Joe as easy to intimidate.

    And they're right. Just the other day he did a complete 180 on immigration after the left complained for only a couple of hours.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

      Of course they started rioting again. They got to keep the pressure on old Joe to keep to the far left -- which is exactly what some of those on the left said they would do because they see old Joe as easy to intimidate.

      And they're right. Just the other day he did a complete 180 on immigration after the left complained for only a couple of hours.
      I don't know. There's very little coverage of the riots this time. It seems more like now that Trump is out of office, BLM has served it's purpose and can be safely ignored. (Ignored, because covering it negatively would not play well with the liberal crowd)

      Comment


      • #4
        "I don’t condemn [people] who loot, I support them for looting. I support people who take matters in their own hands. If you want to set something on fire, go do that."

        https://www.breitbart.com/law-and-or...n-their-hands/

        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God


        From "Fools Gold" by Petra

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

          I don't know. There's very little coverage of the riots this time. It seems more like now that Trump is out of office, BLM has served it's purpose and can be safely ignored. (Ignored, because covering it negatively would not play well with the liberal crowd)
          I just saw CNN show a series of videos of protests and riots in multiple cities. This is definitely being covered.

          All of these events are in response to continued deaths of minorities at the hands of police, deaths that are mostly unjustifiable.

          I am not justifying rioting and looting, only peaceful protests.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by kccd View Post

            I just saw CNN show a series of videos of protests and riots in multiple cities. This is definitely being covered.

            All of these events are in response to continued deaths of minorities at the hands of police, deaths that are mostly unjustifiable.

            I am not justifying rioting and looting, only peaceful protests.
            No, you fall into the minimize, Downplay, or ignore rioting and looting.
            Last edited by CivilDiscourse; 04-17-2021, 08:01 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by kccd View Post
              ...continued deaths of minorities at the hands of police, deaths that are mostly unjustifiable.
              That's the lie the whole movement is based on.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God


              From "Fools Gold" by Petra

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

                No, you fall into the minimize, Downplay, or ignore rioting and looting.
                I am not minimizing rioting and looting. I specifically said I deplore those actions. Why are you attempting to alter my statements?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

                  That's the lie the whole movement is based on.
                  How is it a lie, when many if not most of those deaths are recorded for all to see?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

                    That's the lie the whole movement is based on.
                    Yup. Several studies have confirmed that a white person in a confrontation with police has a better chance of being shot and killed. This has been brought up several times now.

                    I'm always still in trouble again

                    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by kccd View Post

                      How is it a lie, when many if not most of those deaths are recorded for all to see?
                      Of course folks like you think that shooting some he's-never-been-in-trouble-his-whole-life gangbanger armed with a pistol in hand as one of those unjustified shootings that they're now rioting in Chicago over.

                      I'm always still in trouble again

                      "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by kccd View Post

                        I just saw CNN show a series of videos of protests and riots in multiple cities. This is definitely being covered.

                        All of these events are in response to continued deaths of minorities at the hands of police, deaths that are mostly unjustifiable.
                        Do you ever question the sampling that the MSM brings you? Have you considered that - just perhaps - for every "unjustified" shooting of a minority by police, there may be 10, 20 or 30 unjustified shootings of a white? And that you aren't getting a true cross section.

                        Just asking. The MSM only highlights what gets ratings.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by kccd View Post

                          How is it a lie, when many if not most of those deaths are recorded for all to see?
                          Better question: How is it not a lie? There is no evidence of an epidemic of unjustified violence by police regardless of the suspect's skin color. The very few cases when it happens to a black person are blown out of proportion when the fact is, the overwhelming majority of police encounters with members of the public are concluded peacefully.
                          Last edited by Mountain Man; 04-17-2021, 09:37 AM.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God


                          From "Fools Gold" by Petra

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Of course folks like you think that shooting some he's-never-been-in-trouble-his-whole-life gangbanger armed with a pistol in hand as one of those unjustified shootings that they're now rioting in Chicago over.
                            13-year old kid in the streets at 2:30AM, gun in hand, fleeing from the police ends up getting shot by an officer in self-defense, and people want to crucify the officer. Why was the kid not at home in bed where he should have been?
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God


                            From "Fools Gold" by Petra

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

                              13-year old kid in the streets at 2:30AM, gun in hand, fleeing from the police ends up getting shot by an officer in self-defense, and people want to crucify the officer. Why was the kid not at home in bed where he should have been?
                              But he was a perfect-little-angel-who-never-did-anything-bad-to-anyone-and-had-a-bright-future-ahead-of-him-as-he-planned-for-college.

                              I'm always still in trouble again

                              "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by rogue06, Yesterday, 08:01 AM
                              10 responses
                              108 views
                              2 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by Sparko, 06-14-2021, 10:51 AM
                              7 responses
                              52 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seanD
                              by seanD
                               
                              Started by rogue06, 06-14-2021, 09:46 AM
                              23 responses
                              125 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by rogue06, 06-14-2021, 06:44 AM
                              6 responses
                              40 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post CivilDiscourse  
                              Started by Gondwanaland, 06-13-2021, 10:55 AM
                              2 responses
                              56 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post kccd
                              by kccd
                               
                              Working...
                              X