Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden and Targeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mikewhitney
    replied
    Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
    I had Covid so, I'm not getting the shot until later. I know some people who had Covid and then got the shot and they had severe reactions to the shot.
    I have heard the issue of giving shots to people who have had covid. First, they already would have natural immunity. But also, the shots are likely to lead to more of these bad outcomes. People should be tested for certain things before being given the shots. Many people would have an allergic reaction to the polyethylene glycol. I'm not sure if there is a time delay that would make it safer to get the experimental shots after having covid.

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronson View Post
    OK, this seems weird. And insulting. "Oh boy! A celebrity is going to convince me to get the vaccine! I was such an idiot until Tom Cruise spoke to me!"

Biden Targets “White Conservatives” and Evangelicals for COVID Shots

In response to reluctance to take the experimental COVID19 shots, the Biden administration is rolling out vast new propaganda campaigns targeting “white conservative communities,” evangelical Christians, black Americans, and other “communities.”

Gimmicks including peddling the controversial pharmaceuticals through sports, celebrities, TV shows, pastors, and music are all being pursued. Already, billions of federal dollars have been pledged to market the government-backed shots as part of an escalating war on “vaccine hesitancy.”

“We’re looking for a range of creative ways to get directly connected to white conservative communities,” Biden spokesperson Jen Psaki said in a White House press briefing this week. “We won’t always be the best messengers, but we’re still trying to meet people where they are but also empower local organizations.”

https://thenewamerican.com/biden-tar...r-covid-shots/
    The whole media push in general is creepsville.

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I still haven't taken the vaccine. I don't know if I am an outlier, but I've had covid so I should have antibodies already. And it didn't affect me significantly. So it isn't a matter of "paranoia" as much as it is a matter of perspective. In my area, the odds of me contracting encephalitis or West Nile Virus is greater than re-contracting covid and having serious effects from it.

virus.jpg

https://www.cdc.gov/westnile/index.html
    Same here. Most likely already had it. And some folks fall way outside the vulnerable category, so it would be kind of pointless to take any sort of chance with an experimental vaccine when I'm less likely to experience any sort of long term effects from the virus itself.

Leave a comment:

• Littlejoe
    replied
    I had Covid so, I'm not getting the shot until later. I know some people who had Covid and then got the shot and they had severe reactions to the shot.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

The vaccine must be a secret scientologist plot to brainwash us!

We need a tinfoil hat smiley.
    smiley tinfoil-hat.gif

Had that one for awhile. Don't remember it having that slight glitch in it before.

Leave a comment:

• Cerebrum123
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Wait, isn't he immune from disease because he is an OT VIII Scientologist?
    The vaccine must be a secret scientologist plot to brainwash us!

We need a tinfoil hat smiley.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

My money is on him using the litterbox while getting it.

Wait, isn't he immune from disease because he is an OT VIII Scientologist?

Leave a comment:

• Cerebrum123
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Will Tom Cruise be jumping up and down on the couch while the shot is administered?
    My money is on him using the litterbox while getting it.

Leave a comment:

• CivilDiscourse
    replied
    I haven't, but have an appointment to get the first in a couple of weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post

The vaccines are free. If you have insurance they write down the info so your insurance has a record, but you don't need it to get the shot. Even if you have insurance it is free.
    Ours told us that the vaccine was free, but asked for insurance information just in case they could collect from insurance - but no cost to the vaccinated. It makes more sense that it would be on your "permanent record", like the time I put a tadpole in Mrs Ludlow's iced tea in 3rd grade.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Part of the issue for me is that I'm currently between jobs and don't have insurance at this time.
    The vaccines are free. If you have insurance they write down the info so your insurance has a record, but you don't need it to get the shot. Even if you have insurance it is free.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

Our sub-hub was doing FREE vaccines - nothing like that around you?

Honestly I'm not overly concerned given that since November the only times I've left my place is to get groceries (along with a trip to fill a prescription, which I need to do again, and one trip to the liquor store for a bottle of brandy last month). And I tend to go before they're busy.

Last week I told a friend of mine how I haven't bought gas since Christmas when I filled my tank (I refilled it the day after mentioning it since I was below a quarter tank).

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Part of the issue for me is that I'm currently between jobs and don't have insurance at this time.
    Our sub-hub was doing FREE vaccines - nothing like that around you?

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

Me too neither.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    I still plan on getting a vaccine but I'm now kind of waiting for the current issues to sort themselves.
    Me too neither.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    I still plan on getting a vaccine but I'm now kind of waiting for the current issues to sort themselves.

Leave a comment: