Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden and Targeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biden and Targeting

OK, this seems weird. And insulting. "Oh boy! A celebrity is going to convince me to get the vaccine! I was such an idiot until Tom Cruise spoke to me!"

Biden Targets “White Conservatives” and Evangelicals for COVID Shots

In response to reluctance to take the experimental COVID19 shots, the Biden administration is rolling out vast new propaganda campaigns targeting “white conservative communities,” evangelical Christians, black Americans, and other “communities.”

Gimmicks including peddling the controversial pharmaceuticals through sports, celebrities, TV shows, pastors, and music are all being pursued. Already, billions of federal dollars have been pledged to market the government-backed shots as part of an escalating war on “vaccine hesitancy.”

“We’re looking for a range of creative ways to get directly connected to white conservative communities,” Biden spokesperson Jen Psaki said in a White House press briefing this week. “We won’t always be the best messengers, but we’re still trying to meet people where they are but also empower local organizations.”

https://thenewamerican.com/biden-tar...r-covid-shots/

Will Tom Cruise be jumping up and down on the couch while the shot is administered?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
      OK, this seems weird. And insulting. "Oh boy! A celebrity is going to convince me to get the vaccine! I was such an idiot until Tom Cruise spoke to me!"

Biden Targets “White Conservatives” and Evangelicals for COVID Shots

In response to reluctance to take the experimental COVID19 shots, the Biden administration is rolling out vast new propaganda campaigns targeting “white conservative communities,” evangelical Christians, black Americans, and other “communities.”

Gimmicks including peddling the controversial pharmaceuticals through sports, celebrities, TV shows, pastors, and music are all being pursued. Already, billions of federal dollars have been pledged to market the government-backed shots as part of an escalating war on “vaccine hesitancy.”

“We’re looking for a range of creative ways to get directly connected to white conservative communities,” Biden spokesperson Jen Psaki said in a White House press briefing this week. “We won’t always be the best messengers, but we’re still trying to meet people where they are but also empower local organizations.”

https://thenewamerican.com/biden-tar...r-covid-shots/
      Politicians, especially those on the left, seem enamored by celebutards, and apparently think this means everyone else is as well.

Remember back in the days of Farm Aid (mid 80s) and the like how the Democrat controlled Congress would line up a bunch actors who played being farmers in a movie to provide "expert testimony" before Congressional committees

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

They are going about it all wrong. If they want to convince the paranoids to take the vaccine, they need to tell them they can't have it and that the vaccine is reserved for rich and powerful white people.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          They are going about it all wrong. If they want to convince the paranoids to take the vaccine, they need to tell them they can't have it and that the vaccine is reserved for rich and powerful white people.
          Yeah make it illegal and half of them will be boasting of how they know someone who can score some really good vaccine.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Politicians, especially those on the left, seem enamored by celebutards, and apparently think this means everyone else is as well.

Remember back in the days of Farm Aid (mid 80s) and the like how the Democrat controlled Congress would line up a bunch actors who played being farmers in a movie to provide "expert testimony" before Congressional committees
            Yeah, I don't get it. Even if they picked a celebrity I respect as an artist (and I can't think of any at the moment) that doesn't mean I care about their thoughts on any other subject. Or what they're reading off of a teleprompter.

Comment

I still haven't taken the vaccine. I don't know if I am an outlier, but I've had covid so I should have antibodies already. And it didn't affect me significantly. So it isn't a matter of "paranoia" as much as it is a matter of perspective. In my area, the odds of me contracting encephalitis or West Nile Virus is greater than re-contracting covid and having serious effects from it.

virus.jpg

https://www.cdc.gov/westnile/index.html

Comment

I still plan on getting a vaccine but I'm now kind of waiting for the current issues to sort themselves.

Comment

I still plan on getting a vaccine but I'm now kind of waiting for the current issues to sort themselves.
                  Me too neither.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Me too neither.
                    Part of the issue for me is that I'm currently between jobs and don't have insurance at this time.

Comment

Part of the issue for me is that I'm currently between jobs and don't have insurance at this time.
                      Our sub-hub was doing FREE vaccines - nothing like that around you?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Our sub-hub was doing FREE vaccines - nothing like that around you?

Honestly I'm not overly concerned given that since November the only times I've left my place is to get groceries (along with a trip to fill a prescription, which I need to do again, and one trip to the liquor store for a bottle of brandy last month). And I tend to go before they're busy.

Last week I told a friend of mine how I haven't bought gas since Christmas when I filled my tank (I refilled it the day after mentioning it since I was below a quarter tank).

Comment

The vaccines are free. If you have insurance they write down the info so your insurance has a record, but you don't need it to get the shot. Even if you have insurance it is free.

Comment

The vaccines are free. If you have insurance they write down the info so your insurance has a record, but you don't need it to get the shot. Even if you have insurance it is free.
                            Ours told us that the vaccine was free, but asked for insurance information just in case they could collect from insurance - but no cost to the vaccinated. It makes more sense that it would be on your "permanent record", like the time I put a tadpole in Mrs Ludlow's iced tea in 3rd grade.

Comment

I haven't, but have an appointment to get the first in a couple of weeks.

Comment