Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

It isn't just the men

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It isn't just the men

    It looks like some wimmenfolk politicians can be just as bad as any man.

    The campaign organization of New Mexico's governor, Michelle Lujan Grisham has agreed to pay James Hallinan, her spokesman during the gubernatorial race, $62,500 over accusations of the governor pouring a bottle of water on his crotch and then, in front of other staffers, laughed as she grabbed his crotch through his clothes.

    I didn't know a campaign could pay off a settlement of that nature. That seems rather personal in nature.

    Anywho, the story is here behind a boring innocuous title: Gov.'s campaign settles with ex-spokesman





    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

  • #2
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    It looks like some wimmenfolk politicians can be just as bad as any man.

    The campaign organization of New Mexico's governor, Michelle Lujan Grisham has agreed to pay James Hallinan, her spokesman during the gubernatorial race, $62,500 over accusations of the governor pouring a bottle of water on his crotch and then, in front of other staffers, laughed as she grabbed his crotch through his clothes.

    I didn't know a campaign could pay off a settlement of that nature. That seems rather personal in nature.

    Anywho, the story is here behind a boring innocuous title: Gov.'s campaign settles with ex-spokesman



    How did you not know, as Trump's campaign paid off two porn stars that he had affairs with, and Trump's lawyer went to prison for this.

    If the story you report is true, then Grisham does not have much of a future in politics.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by kccd View Post

      How did you not know, as Trump's campaign paid off two porn stars that he had affairs with, and Trump's lawyer went to prison for this.

      If the story you report is true, then Grisham does not have much of a future in politics.
      IIRC, that was the crux of the controversy -- why and how the payments were made with those on the left declaring it was illegal while everyone else was saying that if it was asserted that the person did so in an attempt to avert marital strife and embarrassment to the family, it would not be.

      Are you sure that was why he went to jail? I thought it was mainly over bank and tax issues. And didn't one of the porn stars, Stormy Daniels, end up getting ordered to pay court costs and damages to Trump for something or other?

      I'm always still in trouble again

      "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        IIRC, that was the crux of the controversy -- why and how the payments were made with those on the left declaring it was illegal while everyone else was saying that if it was asserted that the person did so in an attempt to avert marital strife and embarrassment to the family, it would not be.

        Are you sure that was why he went to jail? I thought it was mainly over bank and tax issues. And didn't one of the porn stars, Stormy Daniels, end up getting ordered to pay court costs and damages to Trump for something or other?
        If he paid off the porn stars with his own money to avoid marital strife, then OK, but since campaign funds were used, that is illegal no matter what motivation was alleged.

        Cohen was convicted on several counts, one of which was making an illegal campaign contribution at the request of a candidate (Individual 1 = Trump) for the purpose of influencing the election. This was the payment to Stormy Daniels. An audio tape was released of Trump and Cohen discussing the particulars of this payment.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by kccd View Post

          If he paid off the porn stars with his own money to avoid marital strife, then OK, but since campaign funds were used, that is illegal no matter what motivation was alleged.

          Cohen was convicted on several counts, one of which was making an illegal campaign contribution at the request of a candidate (Individual 1 = Trump) for the purpose of influencing the election. This was the payment to Stormy Daniels. An audio tape was released of Trump and Cohen discussing the particulars of this payment.
          Why do you feel the need to play "but what about Trump" in every thread?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Sparko View Post

            Why do you feel the need to play "but what about Trump" in every thread?

            I'm always still in trouble again

            "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Sparko View Post

              Why do you feel the need to play "but what about Trump" in every thread?
              It's at the top of the list of the liberal talking points.
              "Neighbor, how long has it been since youíve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?Ē

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Sparko View Post

                Why do you feel the need to play "but what about Trump" in every thread?
                Because it is a prominent example of this sort of thing. And Trump has yet to face charges for this.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

                  It's at the top of the list of the liberal talking points.
                  Actually, the "Trump is in your head" meme is a right wing talking point.

                  As long as Trump is head of the conservative movement in this country, us liberals will respond. When you all stop supporting him, we will stop talking about him. Deal?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by kccd View Post
                    Actually, the "Trump is in your head" meme is a right wing talking point.
                    Actually, no, it's not - it's easily observable when people like try to turn every thread into a "what about Trump".

                    As long as Trump is head of the conservative movement in this country, us liberals will respond. When you all stop supporting him, we will stop talking about him.
                    I'm not supporting him, sunshine. Never have.

                    Deal?
                    When you stop letting Trump make you post nutty stuff.


                    "Neighbor, how long has it been since youíve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?Ē

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Actually, no, it's not - it's easily observable when people like try to turn every thread into a "what about Trump".
                      Like that certain relative at the family reunion who is quite creative at finding ways of turning the discussion about virtually any topic into one about their favorite topic.

                      I'm always still in trouble again

                      "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

                      Comment

                      Related Threads

                      Collapse

                      Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Cow Poke, Yesterday, 07:50 PM
                      15 responses
                      100 views
                      2 likes
                      Last Post Cow Poke  
                      Started by CivilDiscourse, Yesterday, 06:53 AM
                      32 responses
                      137 views
                      0 likes
                      Last Post CivilDiscourse  
                      Started by Gondwanaland, 05-16-2021, 06:43 PM
                      5 responses
                      74 views
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Teallaura  
                      Started by CivilDiscourse, 05-16-2021, 07:22 AM
                      12 responses
                      106 views
                      0 likes
                      Last Post CivilDiscourse  
                      Started by rogue06, 05-16-2021, 07:05 AM
                      2 responses
                      64 views
                      0 likes
                      Last Post rogue06
                      by rogue06
                       
                      Working...
                      X