Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Yet again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet again.

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56714346

In a statement, the Brooklyn Center Police Department said officers had pulled a man over for a traffic violation on Sunday afternoon and determined that he had an outstanding arrest warrant.

They said that when police tried to arrest him, he re-entered the vehicle.
    Police Chief Tim Gannon has told media the shooting was accidental.

"It is my belief the officer meant to deploy their Taser but shot him..."

© Copyright Original Source

Apparently the police showed up to notify the deceased's family 16-strong and wearing riot gear.

Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Wow. Like we really needed that.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post

In a statement, the Brooklyn Center Police Department said officers had pulled a man over for a traffic violation on Sunday afternoon and determined that he had an outstanding arrest warrant.

Apparently the police showed up to notify the deceased's family 16-strong and wearing riot gear.
      I saw the press conference. The police chief showed the unedited video of what happened. The cop involved kept saying "taser, taser" according to police training to warn all in the vicinity of what she planned to do, but then pulled her gun instead. In this department, a right handed cop has the gun on the right and taser on the left, and in this case she went to the right. This is why they are claiming it was accidental.

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post

I saw the press conference. The police chief showed the unedited video of what happened. The cop involved kept saying "taser, taser" according to police training to warn all in the vicinity of what she planned to do, but then pulled her gun instead. In this department, a right handed cop has the gun on the right and taser on the left, and in this case she went to the right. This is why they are claiming it was accidental.
        What an incredibly sad and costly mistake. One she never should have opportunity again to make.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Sad. Looks like bad choices on both sides. If he hadn't tried to flee when he realized he was getting arrested for his warrant there would be no need to deploy a taser. And sadly this cop somehow grabbed their gun while trying to deploy a taser (and announcing they were going to deploy a taser out loud). Cop will probably (deservedly) be fired and face some sort of charge (manslaughter of some sort perhaps).

Even more sadly, the usual thug suspects are out ruining countless more lives by destroying and looting businesses.

Comment

Just how many ways are there to spell idjit

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Sad. Looks like bad choices on both sides. If he hadn't tried to flee when he realized he was getting arrested for his warrant there would be no need to deploy a taser.
              Why was there a need to deploy a taser?
              Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
              MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Why was there a need to deploy a taser?
                He had a warrant, struggled with a cop who was trying to cuff/detain him, and then attempted to get into his car and flee. That's when the taser was going to be deployed, and you can hear her call it put several times, before she accidentally pulled her gun instead and shot once. Then you can hear, shocked saying something like "oh my god I shot him.

when a suspect tries to escape, tasers are typically attempted to cease the fleeing.

Comment

Wow, sounds like the cop was in the "zone" and not thinking about what she was actually doing. Of course she's going to have an uphill battle trying to convince anybody this really was an accident.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

He had a warrant, struggled with a cop who was trying to cuff/detain him, and then attempted to get into his car and flee. That's when the taser was going to be deployed, and you can hear her call it put several times, before she accidentally pulled her gun instead and shot once. Then you can hear, shocked saying something like "oh my god I shot him.

when a suspect tries to escape, tasers are typically attempted to cease the fleeing.
                    The "back in his car" could be not just to flee, but to grab a weapon - it's NEVER good to let somebody get back in their car while being detained. And it's durn near impossible to stop somebody from getting back in their car once they have determined to do it, because they can grab onto the steering wheel or anything, and you can't see what they're up to.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

The "back in his car" could be not just to flee, but to grab a weapon - it's NEVER good to let somebody get back in their car while being detained. And it's durn near impossible to stop somebody from getting back in their car once they have determined to do it, because they can grab onto the steering wheel or anything, and you can't see what they're up to.
                      Once again, if he complied with the police he would still be alive...
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Always blaming the poor helpless victim!

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

A headline you never see:

"Man shot by police after cooperating"
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

They must have thought Roger Stone was inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

A headline you never see:

"Man shot by police after cooperating"
                              Not sure if you meant that seriously, but that's not always the case (so perhaps "a headline you usually don't see" would be a more accurate statement.....).

https://www.cnn.com/2014/09/25/justi...ing/index.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36859305

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooti...ilando_Castile

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Daniel_Shaver

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooti...Justine_Damond
                              Last edited by Gondwanaland; 04-12-2021, 06:25 PM.

Comment