Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

BLM Co-Founder Drops Millions Of Dollars On Several Homes For Herself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The question is, who are they accountable to? Did they ever make promises about how the money would be spent? And if they did, are those promises necessarily legally binding? It seems more like a "Go Fund Me" page, where the recipient is free to do with the money whatever they wish.
    Last edited by Mountain Man; 04-21-2021, 01:43 PM.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

175397894_4073110242727423_1952896606224457469_n.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        The question is, who are they accountable to? Did they ever make promises about how the money would be spent? And if they did, are those promises necessarily legally binding? It seems more like a "Go Fund Me" page, where the recipient is free to do with the money whatever they wish.
        Kinda like poverty pimps Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson -- they've found a way to get rich on the backs of the poor while adding nothing of value.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Kinda like poverty pimps Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson -- they've found a way to get rich on the backs of the poor while adding nothing of value.
          Jackson actually mastered the shaking down of major businesses and corporations, with boycotts and protests avoid by means of contributions to the cause and the hiring of PUSH as a consulting firm.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Jackson actually mastered the shaking down of major businesses and corporations, with boycotts and protests avoid by means of contributions to the cause and the hiring of PUSH as a consulting firm.
            and BLM is taking that playbook to a whole new level! They're making the Rev look like a chump at this game.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

176398378_4074313985940382_2573284558166367875_n.jpg

Comment

I bet they're not using My Pillow Giza sheets!

Comment

Boston BLM Activist and Husband Indicted on Federal Fraud Charges

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come to light"-- Luke 8:17. God is good...

A Black Lives Matter activist and her husband are facing federal fraud and conspiracy charges after allegedly using a nonprofit they founded to scam at least $185,000 from donors, federal authorities announced Tuesday.

Monica Cannon-Grant and her husband, Clark Grant, allegedly used money from their nonprofit, Violence in Boston, to pay for rent, shopping sprees, hotels, car rentals, auto repairs, meal deliveries, and a summer vacation trip to Maryland, the U.S. attorney’s office said in a statement.

The couple was charged in an 18-count indictment with two counts of wire fraud conspiracy, one count of conspiracy, 13 counts of wire fraud and one count of making false statements to a mortgage-lending business. Cannon-Grant was also charged with one count of mail fraud.

Cannon-Grant was arrested Tuesday and released without bail. She will be allowed to continue working at the nonprofit twice a week but can’t handle its finances, the Boston Globe reported. Federal agents arrested Grant in October and charged him with lying on a mortgage statement and collecting pandemic unemployment benefits illegally.

Cannon-Grant’s lawyer, Robert Goldstein, claimed prosecutors had “rushed to judgment,” adding, “We remain fully confident Monica will be vindicated when a complete factual record emerges.”

“Drawing conclusions from an incomplete factual record does not represent the fair and fully informed process a citizen deserves from its government, especially someone like Monica who has worked tirelessly on behalf of her community,” Goldstein said in a statement obtained by Fox News.

The couple first founded Violence in Boston in 2017 with a mission to “improve the quality of life and life outcomes of individuals from underserved communities by reducing the prevalence of violence and the impact of associated trauma while addressing social injustices through advocacy and direct services,” according to its website.

Cannon-Grant was later named “Best Social Justice Advocate” by Boston Magazine and was one of the Boston Globe’s “Bostonians of the Year.” She is a prominent Black Lives Matter leader in the city, according to Fox News.

The Cambridge, Mass., chapter of Black Lives Matter became an early donor to Violence in Boston, giving $3,000 to the organization for its program to feed children in need. The couple allegedly transferred that donation to the bank account of one of Cannon-Grant’s family members, according to the indictment as reported by the New York Post.

The couple also allegedly took a trip to Columbia, Md., in 2019 using a $6,000 grant the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office gave Violence in Boston to take ten at-risk young men on a three-day violence-prevention retreat in Philadelphia.

The next year, the nonprofit collected donations of up to $50,000 per month. The couple withdrew some of the money in cash from ATMs or transferred the donations to investment accounts at the Robinhood and E-Trade websites, according to the indictment.

Cannon-Grant and her husband also allegedly illegally collected an estimated $100,000 in federal pandemic-related unemployment benefits.

The pair collected unemployment benefits while Cannon-Grant allegedly earned more than $27,000 in consulting fees for working with a media company on its “diversity, equity, and inclusion” training and took home a $2,788 weekly salary from Violence in Boston, according to the indictment. Meanwhile, Grant had full-time employment with a commuter services company.

In March 2021, Cannon-Grant allegedly texted her husband that “Unemployment caught my a**!” Grant suggested she should have an associate pen a letter falsely stating that Violence in Boston’s headquarters was closed, according to the indictment. Though the associate did not write such a letter, the unnamed associate allegedly created a back-dated letter that Grant used to scam unemployment payments.

The couple also allegedly used the nonprofit’s assets to qualify for a mortgage to buy a home in the Boston suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                    Boston BLM Activist and Husband Indicted on Federal Fraud Charges

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come to light"-- Luke 8:17. God is good...
                    Obviously white supremacists going after them only because they're black.

Comment