Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

God, help me to hate white people....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God, help me to hate white people....

Good grief...

Bestselling devotional includes prayer by social justice activist asking God to help her 'hate white people'

Dear God, Please help me to hate White people. Or at least to want to hate them. At least, I want to stop caring about them, individually and collectively. I want to stop caring about their misguided, racist souls, to stop believing that they can be better, that they can stop being racist.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/bestse...e-white-people
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

I gots a thread in Christianity about this.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

This reminds me of the story of a man who says to his pastor, "I don't love my wife any more."
      The pastor tells him, "The Bible says to love your wife."
      "We're really more like friends."
      "The Bible says to love your friends."
      "Well, she's more like a neighbor these days."
      "The Bible says to love your neighbor."
      "Look, pastor, I'll be honest with you: I think of her as my enemy!"
      "The Bible says to love your enemies."
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

English needs more words for love. Love can mean friendship, affection, romance, or unconditional for all.
        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
          English needs more words for love. Love can mean friendship, affection, romance, or unconditional for all.
          Why bother with "more" words when we can't even agree on the meaning of the ones we have.

Based on current trends, everything is racism, and everything is infrastructure. Clearly, racism is infrastructure, so in that sense there really is "systemic" racism.
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

By carefully deleting the balancing text surrounding the cited passages, the excerpt appears maliciously dishonest to me. The full text of the poem and its background context and motivation is available in a blog post by the author.

Prayer of a Weary Black Woman
            [...]

In all truth, my familial and personal experiences of racism have given me thousands, maybe even millions, of reasons to hate White people. It could easily be seen as justified. And I could find biblical precedent for it.

But dammit if God hasn’t given me a different spirit, one that insists on looking for goodness and possibility, one that holds holy rage and holy hope together. Many Black women can connect to that prayer, especially those of us who labor for justice within and beyond the church. Loving people who are committed to hating us – to disenfranchising us, incarcerating us, and abusing us in myriad other ways – is hard. And still, we persist.

The prayer is below.

Prayer-weary-black-woman

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
              By carefully deleting the balancing text surrounding the cited passages, the excerpt appears maliciously dishonest to me. The full text of the poem and its background context and motivation is available in a blog post by the author.

[...]

In all truth, my familial and personal experiences of racism have given me thousands, maybe even millions, of reasons to hate White people. It could easily be seen as justified. And I could find biblical precedent for it.

But dammit if God hasn’t given me a different spirit, one that insists on looking for goodness and possibility, one that holds holy rage and holy hope together. Many Black women can connect to that prayer, especially those of us who labor for justice within and beyond the church. Loving people who are committed to hating us – to disenfranchising us, incarcerating us, and abusing us in myriad other ways – is hard. And still, we persist.

The prayer is below.

Prayer-weary-black-woman

When "Christians" use words such as "dammit" they should lose all credibility. And they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                I gots a thread in Christianity about this.
                Thanks for rehoming my wayward post.

Comment

[...]

The prayer is below.

Prayer-weary-black-woman

That "background context" is just as bad as the poem itself. Perhaps she should stop trying to put all white people into the same bucket.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

That "background context" is just as bad as the poem itself.
                    Ironically, I agree.

Perhaps she should stop trying to put all white people into the same bucket.
                    Two paragraphs. You found it impossible to read two paragraphs. That's disappointing.

2021-04-14_09-30-35.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                      For far too many lust and love are synonyms.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Two paragraphs. You found it impossible to read two paragraphs.
                        I read what you presented as the "background context" which appears to paint with a very broad brush. It seems that she clearly feels that antiracist white people are a rare exception.

Comment

I read what you presented as the "background context" which appears to paint with a very broad brush. It seems that she clearly feels that antiracist white people are a rare exception.
                          They do appear to be the exception that proves the rule. If you're not standing outside for weeks protesting, you're at best a wolf in sheep's clothing. She doesn't seem to hate white folk, wanting to but recognizing that she shouldn't. There's hope for her yet.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            They do appear to be the exception that proves the rule. If you're not standing outside for weeks protesting, you're at best a wolf in sheep's clothing. She doesn't seem to hate white folk, wanting to but recognizing that she shouldn't. There's hope for her yet.
                            Yes, she seems to have a very narrow view of what qualifies as a "good" white person.

Comment

Exactly. If you don't accept the lies of BLM and aren't rioting in Ferguson, she's asking God to help her not hate them even if they're white because they're the exception. I wonder how he thinks that actually supported his argument.

Comment