Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mr. Executive Order and Chief at it again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Executive Order and Chief at it again

Here it comes...

Biden expected to announce executive actions on gun control Thursday

There has been a good deal of talk about trying to craft EOs on gun control that cannot be reversed -- which should be effectively impossible. Another area they plan on focusing on are what are called "ghost guns" which are firearms assembled from separate parts and effectively untraceable. Ironically, this is becoming a favorite tactic among leftists. For instance, Willem Van Spronsen used such a rifle while firebombing an ICE facility near Tacoma, Washington (and spouting AOC's rhetoric almost verbatim) and it appears to be something that antifa in his area also does. Fortunately it jammed and when he tried to use it to kill police as they arrived on the scene.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

States should just ignore anything this blithering idiot does... He will forget soon enough...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

"Ghost guns" have been around probably longer than any of us have been alive and are impossible to regulate. You can make a simple one-shot zip gun using common household items, and with the advent of 3D printers, such guns are becoming more sophisticated and reliable.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          "Ghost guns" have been around probably longer than any of us have been alive and are impossible to regulate. You can make a simple one-shot zip gun using common household items, and with the advent of 3D printers, such guns are becoming more sophisticated and reliable.
          Yeah, the prison at Huntsville, Texas' Walls Unit has a whole museum of guns confiscated from prisoners, including an infamous bar of soap carved into the shape of a snub-nosed .38, but many zip guns.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

States should just ignore anything this blithering idiot does... He will forget soon enough...
            I suspect that will be the case. I'm not sure what he plans to achieve by this. It's almost like an intentional affront.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              We made zip guns when I was a kid. Single shot 22 cal. Pretty effective at close range.
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

We made zip guns when I was a kid. Single shot 22 cal. Pretty effective at close range.
                Ever shoot a bottle rocket out of a metal tube slightly bigger in diameter than the bottle rocket, and maybe 2 feet long? You can aim those things with pretty good precision.

(looking back on my childhood, I'm amazed I'm still alive)
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I am very glad he is doing something and not the continued nothing - though I tend to think so far it's mostly symbolic.

I like shooting guns, but we need real and effective controls on who can have them. And there is no need weapons whose only purpose is killing as many as possible as fast as possible be in civilian hands. Not without some sort of periodic and rigorous certification and psych evaluation anyway.

Controlling access to hand made weapons is just going to get harder and harder. I see licensing in the future for 3-d printers and AI driven fail safes like on Star Trek (they can't use replicators to create weapons) with fairly stiff penalties for hacking around them - especially if such hacks were used to generate weapons.
                  Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-08-2021, 09:43 AM.
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

I am very glad he is doing something and not the continued nothing - though I tend to think so far it's mostly symbolic.

I like shooting guns, but we need real and effective controls on who can have them. And there is no need weapons whose only purpose is killing as many as possible as fast as possible be in civilian hands. Not without some sort of periodic and rigorous certification and psych evaluation anyway.
                    You mean fully automatic weapons which are already illegal

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Funny how "gun control" means making it harder for honest, law abiding citizens to exercise their protected right to bear arms while doing jack spit to stop Chicago gangbangers from gunning each other down in the street.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                        I think leftists need periodic and rigorous certification and psych evaluations to exercise their first amendment rights...

Comment

Looks like he's trying to ban pistol braces. They were invented by a veteran whose friend needed more stable gun handling as he only had one working hand. I know several people with missing limbs, nerve damage, etc. (Many of then vets who served their country), who use pistol braces.

Sounds like Biden wants to discriminate against disabled people and veterans.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Looks like he's trying to ban pistol braces. They were invented by a veteran whose friend needed more stable gun handling as he only had one working hand. I know several people with missing limbs, nerve damage, etc. (Many of then vets who served their country), who use pistol braces.

Sounds like Biden wants to discriminate against disabled people and veterans.
                            He just wants so desperately to be relevant, and his handlers are fooling him into thinking this will work. These are the same kinds of people who came up with "the scary looking gun" ban that didn't do nearly what they wanted it to do, because they simply don't understand firearms.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

He just wants so desperately to be relevant, and his handlers are fooling him into thinking this will work. These are the same kinds of people who came up with "the scary looking gun" ban that didn't do nearly what they wanted it to do, because they simply don't understand firearms.
                              Right, the worse school shooting in the US was done with two very generic pistols.

Comment