Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

It Took A Canadian Pastor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Took A Canadian Pastor...

I don't agree with all of the name calling - but...

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Reminds me of the scene in Disney's Robin Hood where Friar tuck kicks out the Sheriff of Nottingham without physical fighting involved.

Comment

I sometimes wonder if people intentionally provoke these things, just to record them.

I couldn't hear anything the cops were saying but they appeared to be rather low key about it. And they left without making a scene, so I wouldn't have any complaints. But there sure were a lot of them. Did they really need six of them?

Comment

I think it was great.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          I don't agree with all of the name calling - but...

Why were the police there? Not clear at all.

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post

To shut down a Good Friday service.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
              I sometimes wonder if people intentionally provoke these things, just to record them.

I couldn't hear anything the cops were saying but they appeared to be rather low key about it. And they left without making a scene, so I wouldn't have any complaints. But there sure were a lot of them. Did they really need six of them?
              It was a "cleansing the Temple" moment.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post

To make sure the attendance was in the bounds set for covid 19. His sentiment would be absolutely correct if this was actually a police action aimed at the church to quell freedom of worship as it was under the Nazi's
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Apparently, the Pastor had experience under Communism....

“I grew up under communism and my grandparents lived under the Nazis,” said the Calgary pastor. “My family escaped the communists in Poland and first went to Greece and then to Canada to get away from it. There were millions of Jewish people murdered in Poland including at Auschwitz.”
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

“I grew up under communism and my grandparents lived under the Nazis,” said the Calgary pastor. “My family escaped the communists in Poland and first went to Greece and then to Canada to get away from it. There were millions of Jewish people murdered in Poland including at Auschwitz.”
                    Yuh. I could tell by the way he was speaking that he knew what he was talking about.

And it's clear that he, and others, can see the similarities.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

My church had a service on Good Friday, and the police never showed up to shut us down.
                      "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
                      "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post

My church had a service on Good Friday, and the police never showed up to shut us down.
                        The police showed up at our service, and they operated the sound system.

Comment

Good for you.

Did your church get the provincial "grant" for obeying their health orders, like good little frightened children?

Comment

Same here. Tickets for the indoor service up to the legal capacity. Tickets for the outside service, up to legal outdoor capacity. And streaming for those that chose to stay home. No police showed up other than those that are members.
                            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-05-2021, 10:38 PM.
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

It was pretty evident he was expressing feelings based upon bitter experience.

Personally, instead of yelling at the health care workers I would have been telling the police to remove them immediately that they are trespassers. And repeatedly kept doing so talking over the woman intent on first delivering a speech before leaving, and I would have insisted that they arrest her if she continues to refuse. She seemed to think it was her right to give her speech before having to leave. Wrong.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment