Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

It Took A Canadian Pastor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post

Are you making the accusation, before God, that I am an enemy of Christ?
    If you believe as I said in the post to which you replied, then obviously YES, I am.

Back to you, Chet.

ETA: Also, for intentionally baiting me, you are an enemy of Christ.
    Last edited by NorrinRadd; 05-01-2021, 08:53 AM.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Are you making the accusation, before God, that I am an enemy of Christ?
      Is there anything we do that is NOT "before God"?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
        If you believe as I said in the post to which you replied, then obviously YES, I am.
        If you have a specific accusation you wish to make against me, then please do so.
        "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
        "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Is there anything we do that is NOT "before God"?
          Christians often need to be reminded that we will have to account for all our actions on the Day of Judgement.

For example, it is a serious charge if (for example) a Christian in this forum makes the accusation that I am an enemy of Christ.

Comment

Christians often need to be reminded that we will have to account for all our actions on the Day of Judgement.

For example, it is a serious charge if (for example) a Christian in this forum makes the accusation that I am an enemy of Christ.
            Actually, we are to test the spirits to see if someone is from Christ. And we are to know other believers by their fruit. So in spite of folks constantly bringing up the "judge not" verse, usually out of context, we ARE to judge whether someone is in the faith or not.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
              Actually, we are to test the spirits to see if someone is from Christ. And we are to know other believers by their fruit. So in spite of folks constantly bringing up the "judge not" verse, usually out of context, we ARE to judge whether someone is in the faith or not.
              Are you accusing me of being an enemy of Christ and therefore outside the faith?

Comment

Are you familiar with I John 4:1? Or where Jesus praises the church of Ephesus for "hav[ing] tested those who call themselves apostles and are not, and found them to be false" (Revelation 2:2)?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

What? Nobody ever taught you the secret handshake? No need to judge when you have that

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Are you accusing me of being an enemy of Christ and therefore outside the faith?
                    Are you a bit paranoid and live with some kind of guilt or something? I was merely correcting your clearly mistaken insinuation that Christians are doomed if they accuse someone of not being in the faith.

And what if someone here does accuse you of being an enemy of Christ? Do you have enough evidence to acquit you? Or will you be found guilty by the Judge of all.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Yeah, that's usually cited by somebody who's trying to deflect attention from their own bad conduct.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Are you familiar with I John 4:1? Or where Jesus praises the church of Ephesus for "hav[ing] tested those who call themselves apostles and are not, and found them to be false" (Revelation 2:2)?

Comment

Are you a broken record?

Comment

From this morning.

https://trinitybiblechapel.ca/we-los...xyAPQIJj3vkGHU

Today, a court granted the Province of Ontario the authority to take our facility, at least until next Saturday, with the option of trying to get it for longer by going to court once again this coming week. For some of those eleven months in our facility, we have met in contravention of provincial dictates. We have participated in what the public health people consider high risk behaviour, namely the millennia old tradition of gathering weekly to worship our Creator. Not one of our pastors has ever buried someone who has died of COVID. We have around 600,000 people who live in this region. There are 588 active cases of COVID in the region, with 32 people in the ICU with COVID. That’s enough to deem the public worship of Jesus Christ dangerous and enough for the Province of Ontario to kick us off our land and bar our doors shut. I’m not saying we’ll never bury someone who dies of COVID. I’m not saying COVID hasn’t brought harm. I’m only saying our experience doesn’t line up with the hysteria whipped up by government and media, nor do the numbers warrant turning control of the Bride of Christ over to the Premier of Ontario.

The purpose of this seizure is to prevent us from meeting as a church. They believe that we will continue meeting in our facility, no matter the fines or the public shame heaped on us. We are willing to pay any price necessary to worship our Saviour because He is worth it. He died for us, and we want Him to receive a reward for His suffering. Churches used to sing songs like Charles Wesley’s “O For A Thousand Tongues to Sing” and mean it. We still do. But it’s now cost us our facility. That’s after policemen sat outside our lot in cruisers on Sunday to chase our people down and ticket them after the service for gathering to worship. That’s after each elder received a ticket this past week for opening the church. That’s after the church itself received a ticket this week. That’s after we were convicted of our second count of contempt of court today. That’s after we’ve now received so many dozens of charges I’ve actually lost track. Combined we are facing over $40 million in fines with jail time. That’s not enough, so they’ve taken our building.

Comment

Look, for the record, I think you're a bit odd, but I don't see you as an enemy of Christ.

You do, however, seem somewhat reluctant to stand for His Truth, and to stand up to the prince of the power of the air.

I think you need to work a little more on the "I'm not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ" thing, and the "we will obey God rather than man" thing.

Comment

Me? At this point I'm merely noting that your objection to scrutiny and attempt to imply that it is unChristian is unfounded and erroneous.

As for myself I tend to lean on I Peter 3:15 whenever someone asks me questions along this line.

Comment