Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Senator Wolf-in-sheep's-clothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

I'm an atheist. You're welcome to deny reality in order to prevent embarrassment at getting it wrong. But I've been an atheist for decades. I'm sorry you don't like it, I'm sorry you don't like that I have different views on things than you. That doesn't magically make me believe in a Edited by a Moderator.
    Moderated By: BTC

Gond, we do not allow blasphemous terms for God. Thanks

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Gond has been an atheist, and presenting himself as such for the entire time I've known him (over a decade).
      And I'm apparently blasphemous too!

Comment

And I'm apparently blasphemous too!
        Careful, now, big guy - that's bordering on arguing moderation.

I'm glad you're here.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Careful, now, big guy - that's bordering on arguing moderation.

I'm glad you're here.
          Not arguing with anything. You're more than welcome to your rules, and to enforce them as you see fit. Simply pointing out that my statement about your deity is enough to be considered blasphemous against the Christian deity on this forum, yet this joker Starlight is declaring that I'm some Christian disguising myself as an atheist.

Comment

Not arguing with anything. You're more than welcome to your rules, and to enforce them as you see fit. Simply pointing out that my statement about your deity is enough to be considered blasphemous against the Christian deity on this forum, yet this joker Starlight is declaring that I'm some Christian disguising myself as an atheist.
            I was kidding - and you never EVER should be rattled about anything Starlight says -- he tends to go off the deep end from time to time. Like the time he went on an unholy tirade about my fortress and major arsenal in my home, when all I had was a simple panic room and some weapons. (The simple panic room was simply a closet that, because of the design of the house, the closet door is hidden behind the bathroom door when the bathroom door from our master suite is open, and it always is)

(oooops -- I said "master" -- now I need to go back to multicultural sensitivity training again)

Seriously, though, we only keep Starlight here for the entertainment value.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Gond has been an atheist, and presenting himself as such for the entire time I've known him (over a decade).
              For years, Gond and I have gotten into some heated theological debates on Christianity. He is an atheist - or the best and most persistent actor I've ever seen.

Comment

There's a reason I call him Dimbulb. Anybody who has spent any amount of time interacting with you on this forum would know you're a conservative but would not mistake you for a Christian.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

A true Christian would not pretend to be an atheist, much less for a period of years. "If you deny me before men, I will deny you..." Case closed.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

SL is indeed a joker. And for the record, none of us on staff have ever doubted your atheism. We are more likely to question the validity of someone's claim to Christianity than to question someone for claiming to be an atheist. So you have nothing to prove to us.

And SL is really rattled by you, obviously, because you are not a liberal atheist like he and so many others are, but are able to use the common sense and good moral judgement that, dare I say it, God gave you.

We ARE glad you are here.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

SL is indeed a joker. And for the record, none of us on staff have ever doubted your atheism. We are more likely to question the validity of someone's claim to Christianity than to question someone for claiming to be an atheist. So you have nothing to prove to us.

And SL is really rattled by you, obviously, because you are not a liberal atheist like he and so many others are, but are able to use the common sense and good moral judgement that, dare I say it, God gave you.

Well, yeah, because NO TRUE ATHEIST.....

Comment

Thanks my friend, I know I can certainly get testy and lose my temper at some folks but I'm glad to be here myself

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Well, yeah, because NO TRUE ATHEIST.....
                          Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                          No True Atheist...
                          Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          FIFY n/c

​​​​​​​Your turn now

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Thanks my friend, I know I can certainly get testy and lose my temper at some folks but I'm glad to be here myself
                            Your biggest problem is your use of profanity. Please remember we are at most,PG-rated. So try to curb the cursing. Thanks.

I think in Starlight's mind, "Atheism" is inexorably linked with "Liberalism" so he can't fathom an atheist who is conservative. But we have a few of them here, just like we have some Christians who are liberals.

Comment

There are times I think Gondwanaland is almost too smart to be an atheist. We just gotta get him over the hump.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Your biggest problem is your use of profanity. Please remember we are at most,PG-rated. So try to curb the cursing. Thanks.

I think in Starlight's mind, "Atheism" is inexorably linked with "Liberalism" so he can't fathom an atheist who is conservative. But we have a few of them here, just like we have some Christians who are liberals.
                                And the Christians who are liberals are not allowed to identify ourselves as Christians, right?

Comment