Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Gaetzgate and prostitution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of rumors abound about how the Republicans are distancing themselves from this guy.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Lots of rumors abound about how the Republicans are distancing themselves from this guy.
      I haven't really been following any of it other than some blurbs I hear now and then. Something about how someone was blackmailing him and he wore a wire for the FBI and now he wants them to release the tape to prove he was being blackmailed. That's as much as I know.

Comment

Life is SO MUCH easier when you just behave.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

There's been talk of a Miami Vice reboot for a couple of years now.

Comment

One of the men who Mark Gaetz accused of perpetrating an extortion scheme against him admits that he did ask Gaetz for $25 million but insists it wasn't attempted extortion:

During a Monday interview on SiriusXM’s The Michael Smerconish Program, one of the men Gaetz has accused of using an investigation into alleged liaisons with underage girls as the basis for extortion said that while he did ask for the money, it was to be part of a mutually beneficial arrangement.

Kent claims he approached Matt Gaetz with information leading Kent to believe that missing and presumed dead FBI agent Robert Levinson was still alive and suggested the embattled representative would have profited politically from helping to rescue Levinson. “Matt Gaetz is in need of good publicity, and I’m in need of $25 million to rescue Robert Levinson,” Kent told Smerconish. Kent also painted a very different picture of the conversation involved, going so far as to suggest extortion was addressed directly when he spoke to Gaetz’ father, Don.

“At first he started laughing and he said, ‘You know we get these extortion attempts all the time,’” he said. “And I said whoa, stop. This is not an extortion attempt. I’m not trying to extort him, I’m not, you know, that’s not what we’re doing here.” He claimed Gaetz was interested in the footage.

Kent denied any strings came with the multi-million dollar ask. “I never threatened the man — matter of fact, it was the opposite: I told him if he decides not to help us, he’ll never hear from me again,” he said. “I said if you want to help us, keep everything legal and above-board, it’ll have to go through the law firm,” he continued, referring to Levinson family attorney David McGee, whom Gaetz has accused of masterminding the extortion attempt.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ies-extortion/
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment