Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

WaPo gives Biden 4 Pinnocchios for claims about Georgia voting law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post
    I would say that liberals are clever, but it's more like their base is just so freaking dumb and gullible.
    Obamacare architect John Gruber said the only reason they were able to get the legislation passed is because voters are stupid.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

To be honest it's rather funny watching Psaki stumble around trying desperately to make sense of her senile boss's statements and policies. She was straight up stuttering (yesterday I think) when she got asked why they are building some of Trump's border wall.
      To be fair, Trump's press secretaries had trouble disseminating information as well.

Not that Trump had actually lied about something (although I'm sure that happened as well) but mostly because Trump speaks (as one pundit put it) as in a "stream of consciousness". Sort of a "free association" of thoughts all banded together. He will not go down in history as one of the more quoted presidents.

Comment

What they're likely doing is using it as an excuse to relocate from a "less desirable" location (primarily minority) to a "more desirable" location (primarily white). It's a twofer because they can move from a minority neighborhood while virtue-signalling that they're opposing a so-called "racist" law at the same time. Poole breaks in down in detail...

I would say that liberals are clever, but it's more like their base is just so freaking dumb and gullible.
        What's even more hilarious about that is that Coors Field is downtown in denver, and literally two blocks away the homeless tent encampments lining the streets begin. 3 (maybe 4) homeless shelters within a 10 minute walk, with a lot of crime, shootings, and stabbings. (Literally any given day you can expect to see either cop cars for an ambulance and fire trucks outside of at least one of them).

Comment

And all the social media SJWs are celebrating like it's a win for their tribe because of some bogus voting racism argument. In the meantime, minority businesses in Georgia will get devastated from lack of tourism. You really can't make up how absurd the party of leftism is.
          I doubt this will be forgotten when Abrams makes another run for governor.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And all the social media SJWs are celebrating like it's a win for their tribe because of some bogus voting racism argument. In the meantime, minority businesses in Georgia will get devastated from lack of tourism. You really can't make up how absurd the party of leftism is.
            Shoot! Ready, Aim.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              I doubt this will be forgotten when Abrams makes another run for governor.
              Maybe, but with all the MSM false propaganda about election racism and marginalization, that would be giving democrats the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Shoot! Ready, Aim.
                Far Side.jpg

Comment

I am giving Biden and the MSM another 4 Pinnochios for this:

Biden to take first limited steps on gun control, including on 'ghost guns' and pistol braces

(CNN)President Joe Biden will take his first, limited actions on gun control Thursday, directing his administration to tighten restrictions on so-called ghost guns and pistol stabilizing braces that allow the weapons to be used more accurately.

Ghost guns are handmade or self-assembled firearms that don't have serial numbers. Some can be fabricated in as little as 30 minutes using kits and parts purchased online. Biden will direct the Justice Department to issue a proposed rule to "stop the proliferation" of those weapons, though a senior administration official previewing the step declined to elaborate on how specifically the rule -- due in 30 days -- might work.

Another proposed rule would target stabilizing braces for pistols, which aid in the weapons' accuracy and manage recoil. Under the new rule, the devices -- which the senior administration official contended turn pistols into short barreled rifles -- would be covered by regulations in the National Firearms Act, including requiring registration. Last month's mass shooter in Boulder, Colorado, used a pistol modified with an arm brace, according to a law enforcement source.
                  https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/07/polit...uns/index.html

1. Ghost guns are a fiction. Yes, you can buy kits to build your own AR-15 and other guns. But they are not free of serial numbers. The receiver (the main part that loads and shoots the shell) has a serial number and has to be shipped to an federally licensed gun shop where you have to fill out the same paperwork and background check that you do for a full gun before you can take possession of it. So his executive order requiring background checks for "ghost guns" is something that already exists.

2. Pistol braces - These are what the government mandated that AR pistols use because they outlawed the use of a shoulder stock on them. AR Pistols are basically an AR-15 with a shorter barrel. They didn't want to allow the use of stocks because it made them too much like a short barrelled rifle which requires a special license to own. So they replaced the stock with an arm brace that you can strap to your forearm to steady the pistol, which is longer than a regular pistol but shorter than an AR15. Usually around 10 inch barrel I think. So removing the arm brace just makes the pistol harder to control and more dangerous. Why would they want to make using a gun MORE unreliable and dangerous? Are they stupid?
                  Last edited by Sparko; 04-08-2021, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    I am giving Biden and the MSM another 4 Pinnochios for this:

Biden to take first limited steps on gun control, including on 'ghost guns' and pistol braces

(CNN)President Joe Biden will take his first, limited actions on gun control Thursday, directing his administration to tighten restrictions on so-called ghost guns and pistol stabilizing braces that allow the weapons to be used more accurately.

Ghost guns are handmade or self-assembled firearms that don't have serial numbers. Some can be fabricated in as little as 30 minutes using kits and parts purchased online. Biden will direct the Justice Department to issue a proposed rule to "stop the proliferation" of those weapons, though a senior administration official previewing the step declined to elaborate on how specifically the rule -- due in 30 days -- might work.

Another proposed rule would target stabilizing braces for pistols, which aid in the weapons' accuracy and manage recoil. Under the new rule, the devices -- which the senior administration official contended turn pistols into short barreled rifles -- would be covered by regulations in the National Firearms Act, including requiring registration. Last month's mass shooter in Boulder, Colorado, used a pistol modified with an arm brace, according to a law enforcement source.
                    https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/07/polit...uns/index.html

1. Ghost guns are a fiction. Yes, you can buy kits to build your own AR-15 and other guns. But they are not free of serial numbers. The receiver (the main part that loads and shoots the shell) has a serial number and has to be shipped to an federally licensed gun shop where you have to fill out the same paperwork and background check that you do for a full gun before you can take possession of it. So his executive order requiring background checks for "ghost guns" is something that already exists.

2. Pistol braces - These are what the government mandated that AR pistols use because they outlawed the use of a shoulder stock on them. AR Pistols are basically an AR-15 with a shorter barrel. They didn't want to allow the use of stocks because it made them too much like a short barrelled rifle which requires a special license to own. So they replaced the stock with an arm brace that you can strap to your forearm to steady the pistol, which is longer than a regular pistol but shorter than an AR15. Usually around 10 inch barrel I think. So removing the arm brace just makes the pistol harder to control and more dangerous. Why would they want to make using a gun MORE unreliable and dangerous? Are they stupid?
                    Interesting since "ghost guns" are something that some of the more radical parts of the left have recently become enamored with. The antifa group that Willem Van Spronsen hung with has been promoting them as a way to have undocumented firearms.

Van Spronsen was the guy who a few years back was firebombing an ICE facility near Tacoma, Washington (and spouting AOC's rhetoric almost verbatim) and was shot and killed by police after he tried to open fire on them with a "homemade" AR15 or AK as they arrived on the scene. Fortunately it jammed when he pulled the trigger.

I know that back in the 80s you could get parts without serial numbers and build your own firearm but it usually cost much more buy the parts separate and it was easier to file the serial numbers.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Interesting since "ghost guns" are something that some of the more radical parts of the left have recently become enamored with. The antifa group that Willem Van Spronsen hung with has been promoting them as a way to have undocumented firearms.

Van Spronsen was the guy who a few years back was firebombing an ICE facility near Tacoma, Washington (and spouting AOC's rhetoric almost verbatim) and was shot and killed by police after he tried to open fire on them with a "homemade" AR15 or AK as they arrived on the scene. Fortunately it jammed when he pulled the trigger.

I know that back in the 80s you could get parts without serial numbers and build your own firearm but it usually cost much more by the parts separate and it was easier to file the serial numbers.
                      Ah, the good ol' days of filed off serial numbers, where the crooks didn't realize that the stamping of a serial number induced metallic stress that could be detected with a heat/cool sequence. It was often possible back in the day to get enough of the serial number restored to be quite incriminating.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Ah, the good ol' days of filed off serial numbers, where the crooks didn't realize that the stamping of a serial number induced metallic stress that could be detected with a heat/cool sequence. It was often possible back in the day to get enough of the serial number restored to be quite incriminating.
                        And there were certain techniques that can be used to make such methods useless back then. Of course with technological advances that may no longer be the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          And there were certain techniques that can be used to make such methods useless back then. Of course with technological advances that may no longer be the case.
                          Just give the gun to Abby - she'll cold-stare at it until a serial number surfaces as legible as girl wearing nothing but a smile and a towel in the picture on the billboard in the field near the big old highway.

abby.jfif

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            "Harder to control" in the sense that it makes it harder to hit your target. I suspect that's the thinking, as stupid as it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

"Harder to control" in the sense that it makes it harder to hit your target. I suspect that's the thinking, as stupid as it is.
                              Then they wouldn't have an issue with bump stocks

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Gee, then we should remove rifling from the barrels and make gun sights illegal too! Then bullets will just fly everywhere! LOL. How does making a gun less accurate make it safer in any way?

To rogue: "ghost guns" like Biden is talking about would only happen if someone basically made their own lower receiver (not an easy job, and if they did, then Biden's EO wouldn't apply anyway*), or 3D printed a gun. If you buy a lower receiver from an online store, it has to be shipped to an FFL store (a gun store with a Federal Firearms License) - it will have a serial number, and you will have to pass a standard background check.

* you can buy unfinished receivers and complete them yourself if you have machining tools. They are basically just blanks of metal that you have to mill and machine into functioning receivers. those can be sold without a serial number. Here is info on them: https://www.80lowerjig.com/80-lower-...-federal-2020/

Last edited by Sparko; 04-08-2021, 11:42 AM.

Comment