Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

WaPo gives Biden 4 Pinnocchios for claims about Georgia voting law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In other news, Major League Baseball is so incensed over the fact that Georgia law now requires a photo ID to vote, that it moved the All Star Game from Georgia to Colorado...

...which also requires photo ID to vote.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...-game-n2587448
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      In other news, Major League Baseball is so incensed over the fact that Georgia law now requires a photo ID to vote, that it moved the All Star Game from Georgia to Colorado...

B-but, but... it's also about "restricting" access to ballot drop boxes. Of course those would have disappeared completely anyways before the next election since they were an emergency provision. There would have been none. Zero. Zil. Zip. Nada. The new law allowed them to continue.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

tweet-been-georgia-mlb-allstar-game-vs-china.jpg

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/psa...law-fact-check

White House press secretary Jen Psaki on Monday said President Biden will continue to advocate for ways to make it "easier" to vote, while refusing to walk back his past comments about a new Georgia voting law that have since been fact-checked.

Last month, Biden said the new voting law in Georgia would end voting at 5 p.m., making it difficult for people working. The Washington Post, however, gave that claim "four Pinocchios," because that section of the law gives counties the option to extend voting hours.

Psaki, during the White House press briefing Monday, was asked if the president would change the way he is talking about the Georgia voting law, in the wake of the fact check.

"Well, fundamentally, the president doesn't believe they should be made harder to vote. He believes it should be easier," Psaki said. "And this bill makes it harder to request and return an absentee ballot."
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

White House press secretary Jen Psaki on Monday said President Biden will continue to advocate for ways to make it "easier" to vote, while refusing to walk back his past comments about a new Georgia voting law that have since been fact-checked.

Last month, Biden said the new voting law in Georgia would end voting at 5 p.m., making it difficult for people working. The Washington Post, however, gave that claim "four Pinocchios," because that section of the law gives counties the option to extend voting hours.

Psaki, during the White House press briefing Monday, was asked if the president would change the way he is talking about the Georgia voting law, in the wake of the fact check.

"Well, fundamentally, the president doesn't believe they should be made harder to vote. He believes it should be easier," Psaki said. "And this bill makes it harder to request and return an absentee ballot."
            So, yeah, harder to cheat.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Meanwhile the left continues to shamelessly lie about the Georgia law. For example, CBS Late Show host Stephen Colbert read off a laundry list of thoroughly debunked claims as fact on his show earlier this week before declaring that "white people in Georgia are terrified of Stacey Abrams" and adding that the law "is so blatantly racist that it's been dubbed, 'Jim Crow 2.0'."

Of course there wasn't a word about how the WaPo was forced to give old Joe their worst rating for lying, four pinnocchios, when he made these easily disproven falsehoods.

Sunday, on Meet the Press the White House correspondent for PBS NewsHour and NBC contributor Yamiche Alcindor bizarrely tried to link the death of George Floyd with the passage of the new law in Georgia, proclaiming that "Watching this [Chauvin] trial and watching what’s going on in Georgia, they absolutely connect." She elaborated that they're connected because

"at the end of the day, it’s about how African Americans and whether African Americans are allowed to survive and thrive in America and are able to have access to the principles that America holds up as near and dear"

This woman must have absolutely rule whenever she played Six Degrees of Separation.

Last week it was worse. MSNBC's Joy Reid spent roughly half her show on the 30th ranting against the new voter laws mindlessly and uncritically parroting the left's talking points as she called it "Georgia’s Jim Crow voter suppression law."

Over on CNN's Reliable Sources, Greg Sargent of the Washington Post lamented about how the laws were part of "a huge wave of voter suppression efforts," even whining that the MSM were being too fair to Republicans by framing the debate as political instead of moral: "There isn’t a mid-point between a fireman and an arsonist."

Also on CNN, New Day co-host Alisyn Camerota was dutifully reading off the usual litany of deliberate falsehoods being disseminated by the the lap dog press but got schooled by her guest Georgia State Senator Butch Miller. When Camerota started wailing about how the new law would supposedly "restrict" early voting hours, he correctly pointed out that the fact is the law expands early voting by 33 hours.

Likewise, over on ABC's This Week this last Sunday guest panelist Margaret Hoover found it necessary to highlight just a few of the numerous ways in this new election law actually in fact expanded voting rights, noting that "It gets rid of signature match. It expands early voting… It expanded Saturday and Sunday voting."

I should also note that another of the left's concocted boogeymen regarding the law, the requiring of a voter ID for absentee ballots is actually very popular -- including among those we are repeatedly told would be disenfranchised by it. A recent survey conducted by the University of Georgia discovered that required a photo ID copy be provided to vote absentee is supported by not just a majority of the state's citizens, but also by liberals, blacks and women. And the thing is, the new law doesn't even go that far. Instead it simply requires a drivers license number or a photo ID number with the photo ID provided free of charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

So, yeah, harder to cheat.
                As I noted previously, the left's no-holds-barred opposition to these sort of laws exposes just how important allowing voter fraud is to them if they're going to win.

Comment

A lot of this is nothing more than groundwork being laid down by the MSM to help the Democrats in passing their HR1, which would enshrine voter fraud into law.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Meanwhile the left continues to shamelessly lie about the Georgia law. For example, CBS Late Show host Stephen Colbert read off a laundry list of thoroughly debunked claims as fact on his show earlier this week before declaring that "white people in Georgia are terrified of Stacey Abrams" and adding that the law "is so blatantly racist that it's been dubbed, 'Jim Crow 2.0'."
                    Meanwhile, to protest the legislation, Major League Baseball moved the All Star Game from racially diverse Atlanta, Georgia to lily white Denver, Colorado which has the further irony that Colorado requires a photo ID to vote. It reminds me of liberals combating racism by demanding that images of historical blacks be removed from product packaging.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

If you repeat a lie long enough, people will start to believe it.

Comment

https://news.yahoo.com/atlantas-mayo...224928057.html

Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms on Tuesday issued an administrative order "to mitigate the impact of new voting restrictions imposed" by Georgia's recently enacted law curbing voting access.

Why it matters: Civil rights groups, Democrats and more than 100 businesses and CEOs have condemned the law.

The legislation cuts the time period voters have to request absentee ballots and imposes new identification requirements, among other restrictions.

Details: The mayor's order directs Atlanta's chief equity officer to "develop a plan of action within the city's authority to expand opportunity and access to the ballot box."

This includes providing training to staff members on voter registration and general information on early, absentee, and in-person voting and disseminating information to residents on how to obtain the forms of identification required for absentee voting.

What she's saying: “The voting restrictions of SB 202 will disproportionately impact Atlanta residents — particularly in communities of color and other minority groups,” said Bottoms said in a statement, referring to the restrictions.

“This Administrative Order is designed to do what those in the majority of the state legislature did not — expand access to our right to vote.”

Bottoms told Axios Re:cap on Tuesday that the order is "going to give us the ability to do everything that we possibly can to help people" vote.

"We're also going to have to really continue to educate and encourage people to stand in the gap for voters across this state who may not have the ability to cast a vote, meaning we can't go and vote for the president and then wait an additional four years," she added.

"We've got to show up each and every time in record numbers because there will be some people who won't have access to their absentee ballots, who won't be able to turn their ballots in on time. We've got to stand in the gap for those folks and make a difference in this state."
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Meanwhile, to protest the legislation, Major League Baseball moved the All Star Game from racially diverse Atlanta, Georgia to lily white Denver, Colorado which has the further irony that Colorado requires a photo ID to vote. It reminds me of liberals combating racism by demanding that images of historical blacks be removed from product packaging.
                          What they're likely doing is using it as an excuse to relocate from a "less desirable" location (primarily minority) to a "more desirable" location (primarily white). It's a twofer because they can move from a minority neighborhood while virtue-signalling that they're opposing a so-called "racist" law at the same time. Poole breaks in down in detail...

I would say that liberals are clever, but it's more like their base is just so freaking dumb and gullible.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

What they're likely doing is using it as an excuse to relocate from a "less desirable" location (primarily minority) to a "more desirable" location (primarily white). It's a twofer because they can move from a minority neighborhood while virtue-signalling that they're opposing a so-called "racist" law at the same time. Poole breaks in down in detail...

I would say that liberals are clever, but it's more like their base is just so freaking dumb and gullible.
                            The baseball stadium is no longer downtown but in the suburbs now.

Comment

The baseball stadium is no longer downtown but in the suburbs now.
                              And all the social media SJWs are celebrating like it's a win for their tribe because of some bogus voting racism argument. In the meantime, minority businesses in Georgia will get devastated from lack of tourism. You really can't make up how absurd the party of leftism is.

Comment

To be honest it's rather funny watching Psaki stumble around trying desperately to make sense of her senile boss's statements and policies. She was straight up stuttering (yesterday I think) when she got asked why they are building some of Trump's border wall.

Comment