Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Your baby is a racist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your baby is a racist.

Child Abuse: Wash Post Highlights ‘Social Justice Books, Programs for Toddlers’

Matt Philbin
    March 22nd, 2021 4:18 PM

Parents: Do you want your three year-old to be a joyless social justice drone by the time he/she/they hits kindergarten? Would you like little Pat to be the puritanical scold of the playground, sucking the fun, life and variety out of every grammar school interaction? Your pals at the Washington Post have a round-up of woke books and programs for toddlers -- everything you need to ensure your child will never be burdened with excess popularity.

Really. In the “On Parenting” section, Natalie Jesionka assures readers that “Experts say it’s never too early,” to indoctrinate your flesh and blood, “and a new wave of tools and resources can help start the conversation.”

And what tools! Anti-racism flash cards, intersectionality books, a music class “that develops understanding of gender and personhood.” Wouldn’t you like to tuck in the little one with a soothing reading of Antiracist Baby” or “Woke Baby?” Best of all, Jesionka says “A drag queen story time will soon be a television show.”

And those “experts” urging you to politicize your infant? Jesionka talks to a woman who sells “a curated box of toys, books and curricula that aims to dismantle bias for kids as young as 2 years old.” (Take that Genderless Potato Head!) She consults others who say “that children develop implicit bias as early as 3 months old, and at 4 years old are categorizing and developing stereotypes.” At five they have a favorite chair and develop the speech patterns of Archie Bunker.

And one of those experts says, “When you think about reading, you don’t say a child at 2 years old can't read, so let's not read to them or teach them to recognize letters. We begin building those foundational concepts early.” So why not do the same with race? (Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the American education establishment!)

To that end, you can enroll Baby Finster in an Antiracism academy, or support “LiberatED, a community-generated approach to social-emotional learning, racial justice and healing for schools.” It’s probably peerless at creating resentment and a deep sense of grievance.

Speaking of peerless, you, Pat’s parents, can be sure you won’t have to worry about your eco-conscious tiny house being a favorite among Pat’s cohort.
    https://newsbusters.org/blogs/cultur...-justice-books

Original WP article here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...toddlers-kids/

Just putting aside the culture war baggage aside from a moment, I don't see why it's implausible that a small child could show biases. After all, some dogs are known to show racial biases. That could just be a normal part of development. It doesn't mean the child is bad (in a secular sense, not in the Christian sense that all are sinners).
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

If we're now saying that babies are born racist so much for this then

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
        Just white babies are born racist, obviously Patrick.
        P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Second from the right. The blonde hair, blue eyes, and white skin are a dead give away. He's obviously a white supremacist.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Second from the right. The blonde hair, blue eyes, and white skin are a dead give away. He's obviously a white supremacist.
            Right, he is already making the black baby give him a massage...
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Just so y'all know what's actually out there

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Right, he is already making the black baby give him a massage...
                Or, the black baby is going to strangle the white baby because he hates white babies.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post

Or, the black baby is going to strangle the white baby because he hates white babies.
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    and this is what the religion of intersectionality based on Critical Race Theory is doing teaching kids to hate

Comment

It's pretty telling that the article writer characterizes the concern of not wanting a young child to have racial bias as politicization and child abuse.

Comment