Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Republicans are up to more election fraud in Florida.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Republicans are up to more election fraud in Florida.

Source: https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/544133-florida-dems-call-for-election-redo-after-former-state-senator-tampered

Florida Democrats call for election redo after former state senator allegedly tampered with race

Florida Democrats are demanding a special election take place for a state Senate seat after a Republican was accused of tampering with last year’s contest that could have thrown the race to the GOP.

The Democrats are calling on state Sen. Ileana Garcia (R) to resign and for officials to set up a special election after former Republican state Sen. Frank Artiles was arrested on Thursday for allegedly planting a shadow candidate to defeat Democratic incumbent José Javier Rodriguez in state Senate District 37.

“Her victory is clearly tainted and will forever cast a cloud on her service in the Senate, not to mention the entire Florida Senate. In the interest of fairness and the sanctity of our Democratic electoral process, we call on Sen. Garcia to resign immediately and that a fair special election be held as soon as possible,” Florida Democratic Party Chair Manny Diaz said at a press conference Friday.

“This election in Senate District 37 was manipulated and it was decided by 32 votes. So it is clear that the manipulation had an impact on the outcome of the election,” added state Senate Minority Leader Gary Farmer. “The best way to make sure this doesn’t occur again is to redo the election in SD 37 and ensure that we have a fair election and pass laws that protect the integrity of our elections.”

© Copyright Original Source

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Republican. One of them.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Source: https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/544133-florida-dems-call-for-election-redo-after-former-state-senator-tampered

Florida Democrats call for election redo after former state senator allegedly tampered with race

Florida Democrats are demanding a special election take place for a state Senate seat after a Republican was accused of tampering with last year’s contest that could have thrown the race to the GOP.

The Democrats are calling on state Sen. Ileana Garcia (R) to resign and for officials to set up a special election after former Republican state Sen. Frank Artiles was arrested on Thursday for allegedly planting a shadow candidate to defeat Democratic incumbent José Javier Rodriguez in state Senate District 37.

“Her victory is clearly tainted and will forever cast a cloud on her service in the Senate, not to mention the entire Florida Senate. In the interest of fairness and the sanctity of our Democratic electoral process, we call on Sen. Garcia to resign immediately and that a fair special election be held as soon as possible,” Florida Democratic Party Chair Manny Diaz said at a press conference Friday.

“This election in Senate District 37 was manipulated and it was decided by 32 votes. So it is clear that the manipulation had an impact on the outcome of the election,” added state Senate Minority Leader Gary Farmer. “The best way to make sure this doesn’t occur again is to redo the election in SD 37 and ensure that we have a fair election and pass laws that protect the integrity of our elections.”

If I recall correctly the Republicans in Florida have some "form" on manipulating results and votes.

The name Katherine Harris comes to mind and an alleged four million dollars that was paid to a company called Database Technologies to search through voter registration lists and remove the name of anyone who might be suspected of having a criminal record.

"It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Wait, I thought that refusing to unquestioningly accept election results was treason, insurrection, an assault on our democracy! Surely Democrats aren't being hypocritical?
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

What was not specifically mentioned in your quote was that the shadow candidate was not a politician or anyone interested in public office. He was paid to put his name on the ballot because his last name is Rodriguez, the same name as the Dem candidate. The shadow candidate got enough votes to defeat the actual Dem.

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post

What was not specifically mentioned in your quote was that the shadow candidate was not a politician or anyone interested in public office. He was paid to put his name on the ballot because his last name is Rodriguez, the same name as the Dem candidate. The shadow candidate got enough votes to defeat the actual Dem.
            So, see if I got this straight ---- two candidates - same last name - one has an R beside his/her name, and the one with the R won? Do I have that right?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

So, see if I got this straight ---- two candidates - same last name - one has an R beside his/her name, and the one with the R won? Do I have that right?
              It says the winners last name is Garcia. I think it means that someone with the same last name was paid to enter the race as a third candidate to hopefully get some D voters to mistakenly vote for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post

It says the winners last name is Garcia. I think it means that someone with the same last name was paid to enter the race as a third candidate to hopefully get some D voters to mistakenly vote for him.
                Ballots in the US tend to have party identifiers to assist in voting by party as opposed to the actual candidate.
                P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Ballots in the US tend to have party identifiers to assist in voting by party as opposed to the actual candidate.
                  And honestly, if a voter doesn't take the care to ensure they're voting correctly, that's on them. Personally, I always triple check my ballot before submitting it.

Comment

In other news, House Democrats in Washington are contemplating ignoring Iowa state laws in order to overturn a Republican victory.

House Democrats are attempting to steal a congressional seat to add a member to Speaker Pelosi’s historically-slim majority in the lower chamber. With a blessing from leadership, the House Administration Committee is entertaining a grievance from Iowa Democrat Rita Hart, who lost to Congresswoman Mariannette Miller-Meeks (R-IA) in November, on unproven claims of vote count errors.

Miller-Meeks’ victory was confirmed by two recounts and a certification by Iowa election officials. Hart and her representation are struggling to prove any improprieties to the committee, but argue that the House should “depart” from Iowa state laws in order to overturn the election results.

“Indeed, ‘there are instances where it is in fact bound by justice and equity to deviate from it,’ id. at 23—particularly when voter intent can be determined but a ballot is not, for one reason or another, in strict conformity with state law. Where necessary to effectuate the will of the voters of the Second Congressional District, the Committee should therefore exercise its discretion to depart from Iowa law, and adopt counting rules that “disenfranchise the smallest possible number of voters,” a recent appeal filing reads.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/reagan...a-dem-n2586719

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      In other news, House Democrats in Washington are contemplating ignoring Iowa state laws in order to overturn a Republican victory.

House Democrats are attempting to steal a congressional seat to add a member to Speaker Pelosi’s historically-slim majority in the lower chamber. With a blessing from leadership, the House Administration Committee is entertaining a grievance from Iowa Democrat Rita Hart, who lost to Congresswoman Mariannette Miller-Meeks (R-IA) in November, on unproven claims of vote count errors.

Miller-Meeks’ victory was confirmed by two recounts and a certification by Iowa election officials. Hart and her representation are struggling to prove any improprieties to the committee, but argue that the House should “depart” from Iowa state laws in order to overturn the election results.

“Indeed, ‘there are instances where it is in fact bound by justice and equity to deviate from it,’ id. at 23—particularly when voter intent can be determined but a ballot is not, for one reason or another, in strict conformity with state law. Where necessary to effectuate the will of the voters of the Second Congressional District, the Committee should therefore exercise its discretion to depart from Iowa law, and adopt counting rules that “disenfranchise the smallest possible number of voters,” a recent appeal filing reads.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/reagan...a-dem-n2586719
                      Yeah, I was gonna bring that up --- the BLAST republicans for not accepting the results of the elections that benefit themselves, then go on and attack the results of elections that don't.

Hypocrisy on steroids.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

And honestly, if a voter doesn't take the care to ensure they're voting correctly, that's on them. Personally, I always triple check my ballot before submitting it.
                        What's odd as well is that Senate District 37 was redrawn for the 2016 election (the same one in which Jose Rodriguez [87,794] defeated 3-term incumbent Miguel de la Portilla [81,938]) and a third party candidate, Mercedes Christians, obtained 9,979 votes.
                        Last edited by Diogenes; 03-23-2021, 11:51 AM.
                        P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Election Fraud is a myth. Why can't Democrats accept the outcome of a free election? This is obviously an insurrection and a coup attempt by the Democrats. We need to bring in the National Guard.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                            Republican. One of them.
                            It takes more than one in this case more were involved.
                            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Election Fraud is a myth. Why can't Democrats accept the outcome of a free election? This is obviously an insurrection and a coup attempt by the Democrats. We need to bring in the National Guard.
                              It was fraud that determined the outcome and not a free election.

Frank

Comment