Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The happiest countries are liberal countries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

A display of an excellent sense of humour.
    I'm fine with giving Trump credit for encouraging and doing what was necessary to get the vaccine developed quickly. But they were completely bungling roll out and distribution. It is good competence in government and a respect for experience and knowledge over loyalty arrived in mid January.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
      The chart you posted shows the total vaccinations, not the per capita vaccinations. It does not take population difference into consideration.

This is the chart that does:
      vaccines.PNG
      duh. My point is that a country with a much larger population has a much larger logistics problem of distributing the vaccine. A small country should be able to distribute it much easier. If you want to compare a US State to a European country, that would be more equal.

Going simply by number of people vaccinated, the US is light years beyond any other country.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

I'm fine with giving Trump credit for encouraging and doing what was necessary to get the vaccine developed quickly. But they were completely bungling roll out and distribution. It is good competence in government and a respect for experience and knowledge over loyalty arrived in mid January.
        I was being ironic.
        "It ain't necessarily so
        The things that you're liable
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life
        Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko
          If you take into consideration the population differences, the USA is way ahead of everyone.
          Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          duh. My point is that a country with a much larger population has a much larger logistics problem of distributing the vaccine.
          Clearly that wasn't your point, and equally clearly you are trying to avoid admitting that a few other countries are distributing the vaccine more effectively than the US.
          A small country should be able to distribute it much easier. If you want to compare a US State to a European country, that would be more equal.
          Ok. Most if not all US states are doing worse than the UK.

We could also compare the US with Chile, which has a lower population density than the US, but has still managed to vaccinate a higher % of the population than the US.
          Going simply by number of people vaccinated, the US is light years beyond any other country.
          I have no idea why you and other US conservatives have so great a desire for the US to be best at everything that you consistently fudge the statistics (military spending, fossil fuel use, lack of police violence, COVID vaccinations).

I know of only three things for which the US is actually ranked highest:
          - guns
          - incarcerations*
          - emigration agreements

The US is the easiest country to leave before you get locked up or shot. Nothing else.

*The Seychelles were briefly higher than the US last year, but aren't any more.
          Last edited by Roy; 04-06-2021, 05:43 AM.
          Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
          MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment