Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

California Bill Proposes Removing Cops Who Express Religious Or Conservative Beliefs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Nor is it my responsibility to spoon feed you what you can easily find on your own, if you're actually interested.
    You're the one who responded to my question to another poster without intending to offer an answer, resulting in a derail you full well knew wouldn't go anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post

You're the one who responded to my question to another poster without intending to offer an answer, resulting in a derail you full well knew wouldn't go anywhere.
      Freedom of speech.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post

What makes you think that liberals are afraid to say anything negative about Muslims?
        The absence of prominent liberal voices doing so, coupled with a strident defense of the Muslim community when people unfairly criticize them. Compared with the frequent criticism of Christians by prominent liberal voices, and the lack of any comparable defense when people (often liberals) unfairly criticize Christian beliefs.
        "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post

The absence of prominent liberal voices doing so, coupled with a strident defense of the Muslim community when people unfairly criticize them. Compared with the frequent criticism of Christians by prominent liberal voices, and the lack of any comparable defense when people (often liberals) unfairly criticize Christian beliefs.
          Yeah, that!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Combined with prominent liberal organizations like the SPLC labeling former Muslims and Muslim-reformers(Raheel Raza, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Maajid Nawaz, etc.) as being part of their 'hate list' for speaking against Islam/parts of Islam

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Combined with prominent liberal organizations like the SPLC labeling former Muslims and Muslim-reformers(Raheel Raza, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Maajid Nawaz, etc.) as being part of their 'hate list' for speaking against Islam/parts of Islam
              Sure. Of course, if memory serves, the SPLC has also placed Christian organizations on watchlists because of traditional Christian beliefs about homosexuality....because apparently the SPLC has zero understanding of how to differentiate between basic concepts like the difference between 'tolerance' and 'active support', nor are they apparently able to understand that some people/groups have sincerely held religious beliefs BUT also do not advocate discriminating against those groups. So it's kinda like the SPLC putting me on a watchlist for saying "the SPLC is stupid". I'm not suggesting any action, but those idiots want to put people on watchlists simply for having an opinion.
              "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Sure. Of course, if memory serves, the SPLC has also placed Christian organizations on watchlists because of traditional Christian beliefs about homosexuality....because apparently the SPLC has zero understanding of how to differentiate between basic concepts like the difference between 'tolerance' and 'active support', nor are they apparently able to understand that some people/groups have sincerely held religious beliefs BUT also do not advocate discriminating against those groups. So it's kinda like the SPLC putting me on a watchlist for saying "the SPLC is stupid". I'm not suggesting any action, but those idiots want to put people on watchlists simply for having an opinion.
                The same with abortion. Like when the Southern Poverty Law Center branded the Family Research Council (FRC), a mainstream conservative think tank founded by James Dobson a "hate group" on par with Aryan Nations, Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, Stormfront and the Westboro Baptist Church. And thanks specifically to that designation, an armed gunman, Floyd Corkins II, entered FRC's Washington D.C. headquarters in 2012 and opened fire wounding one before Corkins was wrestled to the ground and disarmed.

Corkins, a gay activist who volunteered at a LGBT community center, told the FBI agent interviewing him that he picked the FRC to attack because they were on the SPLC's list of anti-gay "hate groups."

The SPLC strenuously defended their actions because, get this, the FRC takes a political stance that they disagree with. That was enough to earn them being listed as a hate group. Meanwhile groups like Black Lives Matter chant things like "Pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon!" and "What do we want? Dead cops!" at their protests but the SPLC sees nothing wrong with that and even say they are merely "activists for racial justice." This is one of the reasons why the SPLC has lost credibility even including among many liberals. And why the FBI will no longer associate with them

Oh. Btw. The attack on FRC was judged not to be a terroristic act which is typical if the victim is conservative.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  The bill defines hate speech as “as advocating or supporting the denial of constitutional rights of, the genocide of, or violence towards, any group of persons based upon race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability.
                  So which of those applies to conservatives and Christians? Do they advocate
                  1) violence, or
                  2) genocide, or
                  3) denial of constitutional rights?
                  Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                  MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                    So which of those applies to conservatives and Christians? Do they advocate
                    1) violence, or
                    2) genocide, or
                    3) denial of constitutional rights?
                    Many on the left think #3
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

That's not an answer. What many of the left think is not legally binding. Nor have you given any reason to think they are wrong.

I'm left wondering why you didn't say "None of them".

Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

That's not an answer. What many of the left think is not legally binding. Nor have you given any reason to think they are wrong.

I'm left wondering why you didn't say "None of them".

When left leaning judges and lawmakers are in charge of determining what they interpret as "constitutional" and the intent of Christians and/or Republicans, I most certainly am accurate in saying that many on the left say #3. Do you need some quotes to make you feel better?
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Considering the left's love of calling anything said they don't like that they can't call "hate speech" a "microaggresion" I'd go with #2.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

When left leaning judges and lawmakers are in charge of determining what they interpret as "constitutional" and the intent of Christians and/or Republicans, I most certainly am accurate in saying that many on the left say #3. Do you need some quotes to make you feel better?
                            No, but you might consider the impact of your reluctance to say that conservatives/Christians do not advocate denying constitutional rights to some groups.

Comment

No, but you might consider the impact of your reluctance to say that conservatives/Christians do not advocate denying constitutional rights to some groups.
                              Because I disagree with some things deemed a "right" when the Constitution says no such thing.
                              That's what
                              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Because I disagree with some things deemed a "right" when the Constitution says no such thing.
                                Now we're getting somewhere.

Conservative/Christians object to this bill because they advocate denying rights to certain groups, and those rights are considered by some to be constitutional.

Is that correct?

Comment