Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A Covid Vaccine Passcard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
    Well, it says that Fauci is against mandating vaccinations for the general population, but Fauci never says that it's unconstitutional, and he's not a constitutional scholar anyway.
    What Fauci giveth today he taketh away tomorrow.

I doubt that the federal government will mandate vaccinations, but they may be required by other countries, by state or local governments, by businesses, or for certain segments of the population such as health care workers.
    Maybe there should be an exception to those of us who have had Covid with pretty much ZERO symptoms!

(yeah, I know, that won't fly)

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
      It does not. Or did you find an amendment that gives additional powers to them.
      No, just the link that Sparko provided: https://www.history.com/news/smallpo...-supreme-court

Comment

It's not really bypassing the constitution if the constitution allows it.
        I'm not a constitutional expert but I'm pretty sure it is. Best case scenario is they'd get bogged down with legalities and lawsuits. Why do that when they can do it the easy way?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

What Fauci giveth today he taketh away tomorrow.
          I don't think the federal government will need to mandate vaccinations.

Maybe there should be an exception to those of us who have had Covid with pretty much ZERO symptoms!

(yeah, I know, that won't fly)
          If the airlines require vaccination, you should be able to get away with one injection of any of the vaccines. Or you can decide not to fly. (I do expect that you'll be able to get a refund if that's the reason.)

Comment

It's not really bypassing the constitution if the constitution allows it.
            Spirit of the law versus the letter of the law. The TSA is a government controlled regulatory agency which can be used to put rules into place without requiring Congress to pass a law. That sort of bureaucratic shenanigans was never intended by our Founding Fathers.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              The question is, if the government can effectively forcibly compel you to get the China flu vaccine, then what else can they compel you to be injected with?
              Children are expected to get childhood vaccinations before they enroll in school.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                So the Dems have no problem with making you have an ID card to show you are vaccinated, but requiring one to vote is racist?
                Who exactly is making anyone have a vaccine ID card?
                Aren't you jumping to conclusions without evidence?

Actually, it seems that one place where such an ID card provides privileged access to some things is...Israel. Hardly a left wing bastion.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ed/6871965002/

Our ruling: True

The claim that Israel is implementing an internal COVID-19 vaccine passport is supported by our research. The domestic passport, also known as a "Green Pass," provides people who have been fully vaccinated some freedom from COVID-19 safety restrictions.
                Last edited by kccd; 03-10-2021, 02:10 PM.

Comment

I don't think the federal government will need to mandate vaccinations.
                  The current administration tends to make kneejerk decisions and cause train wrecks. And they're not even "100 days in".

If the airlines require vaccination, you should be able to get away with one injection of any of the vaccines. Or you can decide not to fly. (I do expect that you'll be able to get a refund if that's the reason.)
                  No - I'm not getting an injection I don't need just to get on an airplane. And, yes - if... IF.... that becomes a requirement 'after the fact', I would expect either a "grandfathered" exception, or a refund.

Just to be sure, I made a screenshot of the terms I agreed to when buying my tickets.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post

Children are expected to get childhood vaccinations before they enroll in school.
                    And?
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post

Who exactly is making anyone have a vaccine ID card?
                      Aren't you jumping to conclusions without evidence?

Actually, it seems that one place where such an ID card provides privileged access to some things is...Israel. Hardly a left wing bastion.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ed/6871965002/
                      You are doing that thing where you assume things people didn't say again.

We are talking about IF they require an ID, which I have heard several liberal pundits on CNN and elsewhere claim would be a good idea to "help open up the economy"

I merely pointed out the hypocrisy in thinking that requiring such an ID when liberals act like asking someone for an ID when voting is akin to racism.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

You are doing that thing where you assume things people didn't say again.

We are talking about IF they require an ID, which I have heard several liberal pundits on CNN and elsewhere claim would be a good idea to "help open up the economy"

I merely pointed out the hypocrisy in thinking that requiring such an ID when liberals act like asking someone for an ID when voting is akin to racism.
                        The difference of course is that anyone planning on flying somewhere probably has the resources to get an ID.

Comment

The difference of course is that anyone planning on flying somewhere probably has the resources to get an ID.
                          And you can't even get a bank account without an ID, or rent an apartment, or even get welfare. You have to have an ID card for so much in this country that I can't imagine anyone not having one unless they are some sort of paranoid who is afraid of "big brother"

Comment

"Minorities don't have the intelligence or resources to get an ID like whites do." You exemplify that liberal idea about minorities very well.

Comment

How do you think poor people get on public assistance?

Comment