Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A Covid Vaccine Passcard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Covid Vaccine Passcard

I hear rumblings about a Covid Vaccine Passcard.

Mrs. CP and I just got our TSA screening for UniversalEnroll, and some of the people there were talking about the possibility that a Covid Vaccine Passcard will be required for travel.

Anybody have anything concrete on this?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Just goole it, the topic is mainstream.

Comment

Yeah, I was about to, but I was in the middle of some other stuff, and wanted to start the thread before I forgot.
      When you're my age, you have to do stuff when you think of it, or it goes away.

What is a ‘vaccine passport’ and will you need one the next time you travel? | World Economic Forum (weforum.org)

wow
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It's most definitely coming eventually. Presumably it will be a phone app, but I see a number of potential problems with that, which will likely lead to something more invasive for extra "protection" and "security." How long it takes for us to get there is the only unknown.

Comment

The question is, if the government can effectively forcibly compel you to get the China flu vaccine, then what else can they compel you to be injected with?
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            The question is, if the government can effectively forcibly compel you to get the China flu vaccine, then what else can they compel you to be injected with?
            That's my concern - and if I already had Covid (which I did) why do I need the vaccine sooner than 90 days thereafter?

Comment

So the Dems have no problem with making you have an ID card to show you are vaccinated, but requiring one to vote is racist?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                So the Dems have no problem with making you have an ID card to show you are vaccinated, but requiring one to vote is racist?
                EGGzackly -- I started to say we outta make a deal, but I think a proof of vaccination card is unconstitutional.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

EGGzackly -- I started to say we outta make a deal, but I think a proof of vaccination card is unconstitutional.
                  I have seen arguments both ways. But private companies can require proof if they want to. And so can other countries. So say, you might not be able to travel into another country without vaccine proof at customs. Or an airline could say you can't fly on their planes without proof of vaccination.

So even if our government can't mandate you be vaccinated or have proof of vaccination, since every private company can, the result could be the same if they all go along with it. Also the company you work for could require all employees be vaccinated unless they have a health excuse and if you don't comply, they could just fire you.

Supreme court says vaccines can be mandatory: https://www.history.com/news/smallpo...-supreme-court
                  This article says the Federal government can't mandate vaccination: https://www.today.com/health/will-co...datory-t190838

Comment

I have seen arguments both ways. But private companies can require proof if they want to. And so can other countries. So say, you might not be able to travel into another country without vaccine proof at customs. Or an airline could say you can't fly on their planes without proof of vaccination.

So even if our government can't mandate you be vaccinated or have proof of vaccination, since every private company can, the result could be the same if they all go along with it. Also the company you work for could require all employees be vaccinated unless they have a health excuse and if you don't comply, they could just fire you.

Supreme court says vaccines can be mandatory: https://www.history.com/news/smallpo...-supreme-court
                    This article says the Federal government can't mandate vaccination: https://www.today.com/health/will-co...datory-t190838
                    Exactly. Government, at least in the US, will bypass the constitution by using businesses as a proxy towards this end. And now that government and the fed are printing insane amounts of money to bail out everything and everyone, they'll most likely use bail-out incentives to get business to go along. It looks like it's going to start with the airline companies (which got massive amounts of bailout funds already), and gradually permeate from there.

Comment

Well, it says that Fauci is against mandating vaccinations for the general population, but Fauci never says that it's unconstitutional, and he's not a constitutional scholar anyway.

I doubt that the federal government will mandate vaccinations, but they may be required by other countries, by state or local governments, by businesses, or for certain segments of the population such as health care workers.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                        Exactly. Government, at least in the US, will bypass the constitution by using businesses as a proxy towards this end.
                        They could even use OSHA to do their dirty work since it's a regulatory agency that can simply make whatever rules it wants without going through the legal process.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Exactly. Government, at least in the US, will bypass the constitution by using businesses as a proxy towards this end. And now that government and the fed are printing insane amounts of money to bail out everything and everyone, they'll most likely use bail-out incentives to get business to go along. It looks like it's going to start with the airline companies (which got massive amounts of bailout funds already), and gradually permeate from there.
                          I have a flight booked for Nashville in June -- if they require a "vaccine card" prior to that, they need to refund my airline tickets, because they changed the rules!

Comment

It's not really bypassing the constitution if the constitution allows it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

It's not really bypassing the constitution if the constitution allows it.
                              It does not. Or did you find an amendment that gives additional powers to them. It is called Fascism when the government uses companies to do its bidding. We are supposed to be a Constitutional Republic.

Comment