Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Government to Seize All Bank Accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuckz View Post
    The religious right was thought to be a good thing but I decided to leave. When politics starts driving conspiracy theories in the name of Christianity then we have to see things for what it is.

And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.-Matthew 24:4

We want evidence. I hear them talking about all these things that are going to happen and they give few details because there are none.
    When people have to scare us, lie to us, etc., in an attempt to tell us what to do or how to vote, its time to leave.
    A liar can never be a salesman.
    well said.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post

Does economic disaster only happen in end-of-the-world scenarios? Might you have been prematurely influenced away from looking at likely events just because you got tired from all those interpretations of end events from the 70s?

Have you looked at how Klaus Schwab claims there is interest by corporations in his proposals or how he and the United Nations (your nation and most other nations) are unified in this plan?

Or are you just wearied and do not wish to see what may be in store for you and many others? a dreadful future.

Do you see another way out of the worldwide depression that is happening due to the various responses by governments worldwide?

Maybe none of this makes sense to you. Maybe it not of interest to you that people of all backgrounds are seeing the perfect storm to bring in the collapse of banks and financial systems. Or do you have some other theory how normal life can be restored after this covid fiasco?

Problems are inevitable after Congress has passed multi-trillions of bills with 90% pork in 2020 and 2021. Do you recognize that much?
      As I said, it is possible someone will eventually 'predict' a massive failure of our economic or political system right before it happens, but given nearly every quarter 'someone' makes such a prediction about the next quarter, 6 months, or year, I have no choice but to put most of it 'on ignore' as it were. That and the fact some Christian Pre-Tribulation pundit will glom onto it and add it into their mix of why the Tribulation and rapture are 'right around the corner' - mostly inducing fear and irrationality into their followers - makes it well worth my while to steer clear. Right now the Christian Church is plaqued with anti-Christian, anti-knowledge, and fear mongering sorts of concepts and ideas, and it completely undermines its witness to the world. There is real evil in the world. The Church should be a light on a hill for those walking in its darkness, a salve of healing for those ravaged by it, not one of the sources of it.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

As I said, it is possible someone will eventually 'predict' a massive failure of our economic or political system right before it happens, but given nearly every quarter 'someone' makes such a prediction about the next quarter, 6 months, or year, I have no choice but to put most of it 'on ignore' as it were. That and the fact some Christian Pre-Tribulation pundit will glom onto it and add it into their mix of why the Tribulation and rapture are 'right around the corner' - mostly inducing fear and irrationality into their followers - makes it well worth my while to steer clear. Right now the Christian Church is plaqued with anti-Christian, anti-knowledge, and fear mongering sorts of concepts and ideas, and it completely undermines its witness to the world. There is real evil in the world. The Church should be a light on a hill for those walking in its darkness, a salve of healing for those ravaged by it, not one of the sources of it.
        so you are worn out by misunderstandings of prophecy to the degree that you will disregard what is probably happening right now. I do not hold to the fears of the mark of the beast or bar codes or such. Despite that, the signs are readily available that we, as a society across the world, are falling into a worldwide depression with some evil solutions being offered. You wish to wave that away and walk in blindness, despite the light being available. Our economic system cannot sustain mass shutdown supplemented by severe abuse of trillion dollar pork bill expenditures. Can you explain something contrary how it could survive? It is worse to disregard actual signs of problems than to imagine problems happening that aren't real.

The funny thing is that the OP is not saying this is a Christian fanatic issue being raised. Why are you making it into one?
        Last edited by mikewhitney; 03-10-2021, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
          First, I don't believe it. I think if the government did so, it would be the collapse of the US.

Unfortunately for me, this has taken root in my family. I'm getting pressured to empty our bank accounts and store the money at home. Frankly I think that would be a useless step. If the government were to seize all bank accounts, I suspect they would declare paper money void. Second if you are concerned about this, I think the bigger concern would be the government abolishing paper money. I read that one of the Scandinavian countries is looking into this.

My question is where is this coming from? The only place I've ever seen this is an advertisement for a gold company. Is this a QAnon thing? For this to be in my family, this seems to be an indicator that this belief is slipping into the mainstream.

What do you think? I'm genuinely puzzled.
          I was listening to the radio this morning and actually heard an ad about the government's war on cash. No surprise, it was an ad for a gold company. After looking around the web site a little, it seems they are using scare tactics to sell their products. While probably legal, I'm not sure it's ethical.

The sad part for me: the company was a sponsor of a Christian show. Unfortunately reinforcing the stereotype that Christians are gullible. Shame on the radio show for accepting the sponsorship.
          "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

I was listening to the radio this morning and actually heard an ad about the government's war on cash. No surprise, it was an ad for a gold company. After looking around the web site a little, it seems they are using scare tactics to sell their products. While probably legal, I'm not sure it's ethical.

The sad part for me: the company was a sponsor of a Christian show. Unfortunately reinforcing the stereotype that Christians are gullible. Shame on the radio show for accepting the sponsorship.
            The war on cash is a real thing and Sweden has been the front lines.
            P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

The subject is legit and not just a Christian thing (unless you were talking about them being duped to buy the products the ad was selling).

Why Big Government Is Waging War Against Cash

But I would venture and guess the ad was definitely milking it to make sells. I can think of a few Christian "gloom and doomers" who write sensationalistic articles to generate ad revenue on their websites.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

The subject is legit and not just a Christian thing (unless you were talking about them being duped to buy the products the ad was selling).

Why Big Government Is Waging War Against Cash

But I would venture and guess the ad was definitely milking it to make sells. I can think of a few Christian "gloom and doomers" who write sensationalistic articles to generate ad revenue on their websites.
                I see your point and it is a legitimate topic for discussion.

I am more criticizing what I see as scare tactics to get people to buy a product (gold in this case) that I can't see helping them if the government wins the war against cash.
                "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

I see your point and it is a legitimate topic for discussion.

I am more criticizing what I see as scare tactics to get people to buy a product (gold in this case) that I can't see helping them if the government wins the war against cash.
                  The entire world was deceived to lockdown their countries and industries and destroy their economies for fear of a virus that is 98-99% fatal to those with comorbidities. Christians don't have a monopoly of being deceived by fear, so I don't see why they'd be stereotyped that way.

Comment