Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Government to Seize All Bank Accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Government to Seize All Bank Accounts

First, I don't believe it. I think if the government did so, it would be the collapse of the US.

Unfortunately for me, this has taken root in my family. I'm getting pressured to empty our bank accounts and store the money at home. Frankly I think that would be a useless step. If the government were to seize all bank accounts, I suspect they would declare paper money void. Second if you are concerned about this, I think the bigger concern would be the government abolishing paper money. I read that one of the Scandinavian countries is looking into this.

My question is where is this coming from? The only place I've ever seen this is an advertisement for a gold company. Is this a QAnon thing? For this to be in my family, this seems to be an indicator that this belief is slipping into the mainstream.

What do you think? I'm genuinely puzzled.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Linky?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Sorry, no link. This is word of mouth in my family which is why I say I'm wondering where it's coming from. (I suspect Facebook but no real evidence.)
      "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

Comment

Sounds like the junk that survivalists believe. You know, the guys who set up their own compounds and claim they are going to wait out the coming collapse of government?

I found this "advertisement" where they are trying to scare people into buying whatever they are selling by referring to some obscure Obama era executive order

https://www.elijahlist.com/words/dis....html?ID=23524

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
          Sorry, no link. This is word of mouth in my family which is why I say I'm wondering where it's coming from. (I suspect Facebook but no real evidence.)
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Since the government controls currency, it is theoretically possible for them to seize all of your money or declare it valueless, but I don't see how there would be any benefit to the government to do so.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Since the government controls currency, it is theoretically possible for them to seize all of your money or declare it valueless, but I don't see how there would be any benefit to the government to do so.
              I agree. I don't see any up for the government to seize all the money. I would think if they even started to think about doing this we would already have to be in a real dire crisis.

Comment

Sounds like the Great Reset Conspiracy theory.

There are programs where the hosts are "watchers". They find a boogeyman each year long enough to keep someone's attention. One year they said Obama would make everyone get on the bus if they didn't get vaccinated.

Once the conspiracy theory is over, they are off to find a new conspiracy theory because they have to have a product.

If the anti-Christ cannot be revealed until the Church is taken out of the way, why are these pre-tribulationists looking for the anti-Christ? They are saying they know when the Bible says no one knows the day or the hour.

May 14, 1948 is when Israel became a nation and people were wearing sandwich boards saying, "judgment is coming" and while it is a part of prophecy and there is Bible to back it up, you can only cry wolf a number of times before someone doesn't believe the Church anymore.

They are actually maligning people who live today. Call it what it is. Slander. We are supposed to esteem other people better than ourselves:

Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.”

www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Philippians-2-3/

You have to recognize them as wolves telling the flock what to do. They are not loving their neighbor as themselves as Jesus commanded.

Comment

The religious right was thought to be a good thing but I decided to leave. When politics starts driving conspiracy theories in the name of Christianity then we have to see things for what it is.

And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.-Matthew 24:4

We want evidence. I hear them talking about all these things that are going to happen and they give few details because there are none.
                  When people have to scare us, lie to us, etc., in an attempt to tell us what to do or how to vote, its time to leave.
                  A liar can never be a salesman.

Comment

First, I don't believe it. I think if the government did so, it would be the collapse of the US.

Unfortunately for me, this has taken root in my family. I'm getting pressured to empty our bank accounts and store the money at home. Frankly I think that would be a useless step. If the government were to seize all bank accounts, I suspect they would declare paper money void. Second if you are concerned about this, I think the bigger concern would be the government abolishing paper money. I read that one of the Scandinavian countries is looking into this.

My question is where is this coming from? The only place I've ever seen this is an advertisement for a gold company. Is this a QAnon thing? For this to be in my family, this seems to be an indicator that this belief is slipping into the mainstream.

Honestly I've never heard of such a thing and I'm pretty on top of this type of stuff. I've heard the dollar crashing, hyperinflation ensues, and since the dollar is the world reserve currency, global governments of the world reset the debt and initiate another currency. This belief is tied to the prepper/gold and silver/permabear faction that's been around since 2008, but I've never heard of seizure of bank accounts even from that crowd. Sounds like a pretty small niche of folks your family is part of.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      Sounds like the junk that survivalists believe. You know, the guys who set up their own compounds and claim they are going to wait out the coming collapse of government?

I found this "advertisement" where they are trying to scare people into buying whatever they are selling by referring to some obscure Obama era executive order

https://www.elijahlist.com/words/dis....html?ID=23524
                      I don't underestimate the government's ability to find some obscure law or executive order to cause trouble for people. If I'm remembering correctly, during the Trump investigations someone was indicted under some really old law that had never been enforced before.

Comment

I don't think the prevalent option is to empty the accounts. We do have the probable international change of the money system and an inherent slavery system in accord with the World Economic Forum

Some of the things we are facing in the interim is the decline of the value of the dollar by these covid-relief bills (90% pork, 10% to help people, 0% bacon). These dilute the money system and thus the value of anything enumerated in units of dollars. My Dad has also recommended getting money out of banks due to this dilution. He is a business minded person, not one focused on the wider events happening in the world.

The decline is also likely to be enhanced by two things with money in the banks. The first problem is that we may encounter negative interest for bank accounts more than $100k. The other is that banks that go into bankruptcy (which is likely to start happening in large degree due to our current depression) will treat your checking and savings accounts as assets distributed to investors.
                        See this

The Great Reset seems to be a probable change that we should expect. I'm not sure if I have seen this video, but the channel seems to give good information

The World Economic Forum seems to be working with the United Nations (and most party nations) to achieve this reset, so the change seems inevitable -- at least from a human standpoint.

To deny this, is simply to neglect the obvious trouble we are facing. It is like denying that the oddly receding tide as being a sign of a tidal wave. It is like being blind to the rise of Hitler. (These things happen in the world.)

On the optimistic side, these financial changes seem so severe that it seems that God would have to intervene sometime during this. The threat is so widespread that it seems unlikely that God would not intervene against this.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Honestly I've never heard of such a thing and I'm pretty on top of this type of stuff. I've heard the dollar crashing, hyperinflation ensues, and since the dollar is the world reserve currency, global governments of the world reset the debt and initiate another currency. This belief is tied to the prepper/gold and silver/permabear faction that's been around since 2008, but I've never heard of seizure of bank accounts even from that crowd. Sounds like a pretty small niche of folks your family is part of.
                          That's my problem. My family really isn't into the niches. I have a couple nieces that are a little non-mainstream but they aren't that far out. Generally my wife only gets her news from Facebook so somehow the Facebook algorithm is pushing this into her reader I think. My family is really non-conspiratorial which makes me think this is coming into the mainstream via everyone's favorite new source, the Internet.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post

I don't think the prevalent option is to empty the accounts. We do have the probable international change of the money system and an inherent slavery system in accord with the World Economic Forum

Some of the things we are facing in the interim is the decline of the value of the dollar by these covid-relief bills (90% pork, 10% to help people, 0% bacon). These dilute the money system and thus the value of anything enumerated in units of dollars. My Dad has also recommended getting money out of banks due to this dilution. He is a business minded person, not one focused on the wider events happening in the world.

The decline is also likely to be enhanced by two things with money in the banks. The first problem is that we may encounter negative interest for bank accounts more than $100k. The other is that banks that go into bankruptcy (which is likely to start happening in large degree due to our current depression) will treat your checking and savings accounts as assets distributed to investors.
                            See this

The Great Reset seems to be a probable change that we should expect. I'm not sure if I have seen this video, but the channel seems to give good information

The World Economic Forum seems to be working with the United Nations (and most party nations) to achieve this reset, so the change seems inevitable -- at least from a human standpoint.

To deny this, is simply to neglect the obvious trouble we are facing. It is like denying that the oddly receding tide as being a sign of a tidal wave. It is like being blind to the rise of Hitler. (These things happen in the world.)

On the optimistic side, these financial changes seem so severe that it seems that God would have to intervene sometime during this. The threat is so widespread that it seems unlikely that God would not intervene against this.
                            That's basically what I've heard from the prepper/gold and silver/permabear community. Not that government will seize your account, but that you should take your cash out of banks and invest in tangible assets that won't be harmed in the event the dollar collapses. I've heard them argue the possibility government seizes all gold and silver (since this happened once in history), but nothing about the seizure of bank accounts.

As a side note, it definitely looks like they're purposely trying to crash the dollar at this point. Not saying that's what they're doing, but when you look at the data, that's definitely what it looks like.

Comment

That's my problem. My family really isn't into the niches. I have a couple nieces that are a little non-mainstream but they aren't that far out. Generally my wife only gets her news from Facebook so somehow the Facebook algorithm is pushing this into her reader I think. My family is really non-conspiratorial which makes me think this is coming into the mainstream via everyone's favorite new source, the Internet.
                              I've honestly never heard of it. I don't at all frequent facebook and twitter for alternative news information, so maybe it's a facebook thing.

Comment