Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden makes another gaffe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I'll have to find the video (somebody posted on Facebook) of a parody where they have a nuclear emergency, and Joe's team leads him to an underground bunker for the duration of the presidency, and they let him run the country from there -- of course, he's running a Sim - like Forge of Empires or something - and is happy as a clam solving the world's problems.

It would make a GREAT Sitcom!!! Basement Wing!!!!!
    post a link!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

post a link!
      Looking for it!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I remember Rick Perry called the U.S. debt a "black cloud hanging over America" during Obama's term and because he said the word "black" he was therefore labeled a racist who was using dog whistles to appeal to white supremacists.

But if you got a D next to your name, you can say all kinds of racist crap and those same people won't bat an eye.

Comment

Originally posted by CMD View Post
          I remember Rick Perry called the U.S. debt a "black cloud hanging over America" during Obama's term and because he said the word "black" he was therefore labeled a racist who was using dog whistles to appeal to white supremacists.

But if you got a D next to your name, you can say all kinds of racist crap and those same people won't bat an eye.
          Because Democrats know better than black people what black people think or need.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            https://nypost.com/2021/03/04/biden-...r-the-country/

President Biden on Thursday made one of his most head-turning comments since being sworn in when he told an Indian American aerospace engineer that immigrants from the subcontinent are “taking over” the US.

“It’s amazing. Indian-descent Americans are taking over the country — you, my vice president, my speechwriter,” Biden told Swati Mohan, NASA’s guidance and controls operations lead for the Mars Perseverance rover landing.

Biden made the seemingly tone-deaf effort at levity before telling the NASA group that diversity in the US allows for the betterment of “every single solitary culture.”

The president said, “One of the reasons why we’re such an incredible country is we’re such a diverse country. We bring the best out of every single solitary culture in the world, here in the United States of America, and we give people an opportunity to let their dreams run forward.”

Biden, 78, concluded his webcast remarks by describing himself as “like a poor relative … when I’m invited, I show up.”
            The President lives in a fishbowl, and everything he says is made public and scrutinized. No one could manage 4 years of this without gaffes.

What matters are his actions. The fact is he picked a VP of Indian heritage and his top level appointees are a very diverse group.

He therefore certainly does not behave like a bigot, and a misphrased attempt at praise does not make him a bigot.

The right wing is grasping at straws to find something to criticize about him that will stick. Not working so far.

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post

The President lives in a fishbowl, and everything he says is made public and scrutinized. No one could manage 4 years of this without gaffes.

What matters are his actions. The fact is he picked a VP of Indian heritage and his top level appointees are a very diverse group.

He therefore certainly does not behave like a bigot, and a misphrased attempt at praise does not make him a bigot.

The right wing is grasping at straws to find something to criticize about him that will stick. Not working so far.
              Spoken like a true believer. But his VP is of Indian heritage? You mean Elizabeth Warrren?

Kamala Harris claims to be black, with an Indian immigrant mother and a Jamaican immigrant father. Pretty cool, eh?

And nobody has to "grasp at straws" -- Joe is the gift that keeps on giving, and has been giving for quite some time.

One of my personal favorites was his description of Obama -- "I mean, you got the first African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man." What, in Joe's mind, were other African-Americans?

Comment

What matters are his actions.
                Agreed. Only problem is that Joe's actions aren't any better than his words.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Your political phoniness sickens me. The man consistently says racist things because he's a racist (and I'm not even using the absurd leftist criteria of what makes someone a racist) and this is consistent with his racist history. Just for once stop being a freakin phony and admit it, but that you believe he's still better than Trump in spite of his racism. I'll at least respect you better.

Comment

It is far more than the gaffes that he's been known for making for decades. It's the confusion, the mumbling, the loss of memory.

Take a look at Biden delivering a speech from 4 or 5 years ago and listen to him talk now. You wouldn't think they came from the same man.

As for being a bigot. Yes, he is. He is one of those liberals who has taken on "the white man's burden" and in the most patronizing, condescending manner he is helping out his inferiors who, if it weren't for folks like him, would barely be capable of using the bathroom.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

One of my personal favorites was his description of Obama -- "I mean, you got the first African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man." What, in Joe's mind, were other African-Americans?
                      The one thing we know he does not think they are is good enough to go to the same school as his children because they'd turn it into "a jungle, a racial jungle."

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So, he isn't a racist but he says racist things. Got it...
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

And yet every time Trump misspoke the MSM talked about it for weeks. Remember when they said he wanted to inject bleach into people's arms? He never said that. But they STILL claim he did.

Yeah he picked his VP in order to play up how diverse he is because his handlers knew he had to soften his "old white guy" image and downplay all of his racist comments. He is just a figurehead for the DNC.

Again, Trump was called a racist and yet never once did anything racist.

Biden has 40 years of racist actions and words.

Here he is with Sen Robert Bryd, who once led a chapter of the KKK.

AP081024014540.jpg?wm=api&ver=0.jpg
                          And that was in 2008!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

So, he isn't a racist but he says racist things. Got it...
                            Now you're catching on. If you are a Democrat you can repeatedly say racist things and you can repeatedly do racist things, but that 'D' next to your name means that you can't be a racist.

Comment

And that was in 2008!
                              But he's doing the black power salute while holding hands with Mr KKK!

Comment

And that was in 2008!
                                Old Joe had an inordinate amount of affection and adoration for the old hard core segregationists. Byrd (D-WV), most famous for leading the filibuster against the Civil Rights Act in the mid 60s, and who was still publicly using the n-word in 2001 (twice during a cable news broadcast), was, according to Biden, his "mentor," "guide" and "friend."

Likewise, old Joe gushed about how he was "honored" to have worked with Sen. Strom Thurmond and declared that the same man who once declared that the "[n-word] race" would never be admitted to Southern institutions was his "closest friend" who believed in a "heterogenous, diverse society" He also described the man who was unapologetic about his segregationist past as a "special man" full of "grace" and "humility."

He also thanked Thurmond on the Senate floor for helping him pass laws designed to disproportionately incarcerate Black Americans for drug offenses. Biden's role as architect of mass incarceration of black communities forced one of his campaign senior advisers, Symone Sanders, to admit on MSNBC that she "does not enjoy" being asked about Biden's terrible track record of locking up minorities.

In 2019, during a private fundraiser, Biden bragged about the close relationships he had with the old racist Senate segregationists and waxed nostalgic about how it was a time of greater "unity" and "civility" when "the political system worked" and how we could learn lessons from that. This caused the person who is now his VP, Kamala Harris (D-CA), to blast Biden for "coddl[ing] the reputations of segregationists" and resulted in Sen. Corey "I-am-Spartacus" Booker (D-PA) questioning Biden's judgement and asking for him to apologize. An unrepentant Biden shot back "Apologize for what?" and then demand an apology from Booker (on Juneteenth no less).

Apparently, his advisors got through to him later and he started trying to distance himself with his maliciously racist "close friends" and try link himself closer to folks like Sen. Ted Kennedy (D-Mass). He started telling stories of how Kennedy got him appointed to the Judiciary Committee where he was forced to "put up with the likes of, like, Jim Eastland and Hermy[1] Talmadge and all those segregationists and all of that." But as the New York Times coverage of this points out, this is a rewriting of history. A replacing of facts with fantasy[2]. They note that "Mr. Biden's remarks that Mr. Kennedy "got me on the Judiciary Committee are at odds with his previous remarks and the historical record" and note how it was actually that avowed racist Dixiecrat, James Eastland, who was responsible and how Biden had courted him.

1. Old Joe's referring to Sen. Herman Talmadge (D-GA) as "Hermy" is a telling slip on his part. That was an affectionate nickname used by his friends (although his supporters in Georgia preferred to pronounce his first name as "hummin") and not one that someone who was forced to "put up with the likes of" him would likely ever use.

2. No surprise coming from someone who told voters in Iowa that he "choose[s] truth over facts."

Comment