Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden makes another gaffe

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Biden makes another gaffe

    https://nypost.com/2021/03/04/biden-...r-the-country/

    President Biden on Thursday made one of his most head-turning comments since being sworn in when he told an Indian American aerospace engineer that immigrants from the subcontinent are “taking over” the US.

    “It’s amazing. Indian-descent Americans are taking over the country — you, my vice president, my speechwriter,” Biden told Swati Mohan, NASA’s guidance and controls operations lead for the Mars Perseverance rover landing.

    Biden made the seemingly tone-deaf effort at levity before telling the NASA group that diversity in the US allows for the betterment of “every single solitary culture.”

    The president said, “One of the reasons why we’re such an incredible country is we’re such a diverse country. We bring the best out of every single solitary culture in the world, here in the United States of America, and we give people an opportunity to let their dreams run forward.”

    Biden, 78, concluded his webcast remarks by describing himself as “like a poor relative … when I’m invited, I show up.”
    That's what
    - She

    Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

    I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    Stephen R. Donaldson

  • #2
    Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    ...like a poor relative … when I’m invited, I show up.”
    ...and like a faithful stooge, I read what they give me, and try my best not to mess it up.

    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

    Comment


    • #3
      Well, we use to have OMB threads. What do we call these threads about Biden.
      "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

      "Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
        Well, we use to have OMB threads. What do we call these threads about Biden.
        I suggest BTR.1









        1. Biden the Racist
        That's what
        - She

        Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

        I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        Stephen R. Donaldson

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
          Well, we use to have OMB threads. What do we call these threads about Biden.
          DMB? Demented Man Bad?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
            Well, we use to have OMB threads. What do we call these threads about Biden.
            WUJ.....Weird Uncle Joe.
            “I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

            -Ghandi (Disputed)

            Comment


            • #7
              OMW ,,, Old Man Worse

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                https://nypost.com/2021/03/04/biden-...r-the-country/

                President Biden on Thursday made one of his most head-turning comments since being sworn in when he told an Indian American aerospace engineer that immigrants from the subcontinent are “taking over” the US.

                “It’s amazing. Indian-descent Americans are taking over the country — you, my vice president, my speechwriter,” Biden told Swati Mohan, NASA’s guidance and controls operations lead for the Mars Perseverance rover landing.

                Biden made the seemingly tone-deaf effort at levity before telling the NASA group that diversity in the US allows for the betterment of “every single solitary culture.”

                The president said, “One of the reasons why we’re such an incredible country is we’re such a diverse country. We bring the best out of every single solitary culture in the world, here in the United States of America, and we give people an opportunity to let their dreams run forward.”

                Biden, 78, concluded his webcast remarks by describing himself as “like a poor relative … when I’m invited, I show up.”
                And old Joe has this special way of sabotaging his enabler's best efforts at spinning his remarks. Sort of like while filming C-SPAN series "Road to the White House" in 2007-08 he said "You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking." His handlers were out there insisting that it was a joke but his last sentence derailed that excuse.




                Let's see if this works. From him talking about prison reform

                Apparently not https://www.facebook.com/joey.coleon...5236703879161/

                I'm always still in trouble again

                "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

                  WUJ.....Weird Uncle Joe.
                  This looks best to me.
                  "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

                  "Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    China Joe has has gone longer without holding his first press conference than any other president in the last four decades, and Kamala Harris has assumed certain official duties like meeting with foreign leaders, leading some to believe that plans for Joe's retirement are already well underway.

                    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronso...erway-n2585845
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God


                    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      China Joe has has gone longer without holding his first press conference than any other president in the last four decades, and Kamala Harris has assumed certain official duties like meeting with foreign leaders, leading some to believe that plans for Joe's retirement are already well underway.

                      https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronso...erway-n2585845
                      I think the plans were well underway before the election.
                      "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        China Joe has has gone longer without holding his first press conference than any other president in the last four decades, and Kamala Harris has assumed certain official duties like meeting with foreign leaders, leading some to believe that plans for Joe's retirement are already well underway.

                        https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronso...erway-n2585845
                        I am shocked and stunned.
                        “I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

                        -Ghandi (Disputed)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

                          I think the plans were well underway before the election.
                          I wonder when they're going to tell poor Joe?
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God


                          From "Fools Gold" by Petra

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            I wonder when they're going to tell poor Joe?
                            I'll have to find the video (somebody posted on Facebook) of a parody where they have a nuclear emergency, and Joe's team leads him to an underground bunker for the duration of the presidency, and they let him run the country from there -- of course, he's running a Sim - like Forge of Empires or something - and is happy as a clam solving the world's problems.

                            It would make a GREAT Sitcom!!! Basement Wing!!!!!
                            "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

                              I'll have to find the video (somebody posted on Facebook) of a parody where they have a nuclear emergency, and Joe's team leads him to an underground bunker for the duration of the presidency, and they let him run the country from there -- of course, he's running a Sim - like Forge of Empires or something - and is happy as a clam solving the world's problems.

                              It would make a GREAT Sitcom!!! Basement Wing!!!!!
                              Nothing can top the Yes, Minister and Yes, Prime Minister series. Even though they're about the British government, politics is politics, and so a lot of the humor is universal. In that show, the Minister and later Prime Minister Jim Hacker keeps trying to implement his agenda while Permanent Secretary Sir Humphrey Appleby does everything he can to stop him from upsetting the status quo. In the later series, Bernard Woolley, the Prime Minister's assistant, tells Sir Humphrey, "I think the Prime Minister is trying to run the country." Sir Humphrey smiles and says, "You must stop him, Bernard."
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God


                              From "Fools Gold" by Petra

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Juvenal, Today, 09:21 AM
                              3 responses
                              37 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by CivilDiscourse, Today, 05:42 AM
                              6 responses
                              50 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seer
                              by seer
                               
                              Started by Gondwanaland, Yesterday, 07:29 PM
                              3 responses
                              103 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NorrinRadd  
                              Started by Hypatia_Alexandria, Yesterday, 08:17 AM
                              34 responses
                              251 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post siam
                              by siam
                               
                              Started by CivilDiscourse, Yesterday, 05:18 AM
                              21 responses
                              144 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Working...
                              X