Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Democrats turn Washington D.C. into America's Forbidden City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democrats turn Washington D.C. into America's Forbidden City

Yeah, I know - the mob made them do it!

DC forbidden.jpg

Walls, fences, double perimeters and machine guns are for border crossings, not Capitol Hill

More revelations about poor accommodations for National Guard members stationed in Washington obscure the greater insult that they are being used by Democrats as political props to drive a divisive narrative.

Our men and women in uniform are increasingly a solution in search of a problem, there to hide the catastrophic security failures of the Jan. 6 riot but more to perpetuate the sick notion that the American right is a threat to national security.

We know from history that police states share several characteristics. Americans are watching those play out today in our very own Forbidden City.

The Communist Chinese used the pandemic to create chaos and Democrats have seized the moment to restrict constitutional freedoms, including freedom of speech, religion, movement, commerce and other basic features of our democracy.

In a classic case of psychological projection, Democrats who accused Donald Trump of being a dictator, are being exposed as the real authoritarians. Arbitrary, unscientific lockdowns and COVID-related state surveillance, restrictions on worship, the destructive cancel culture and the militarization of Washington, D.C., are all part of an un-American pattern of behavior.

Police states justify their power by inflating internal threats and demonizing groups. Democrats are doing the same.

We’ve been told repeatedly since Jan. 6 that there are credible threats to the safety of those inside the U.S. Capitol. Nancy Pelosi has even suggested that there are Republican members of Congress who are an “enemy within.” Yet, acting Capitol Police Chief Yogananda Pittman has not been forthcoming with information that would give greater credibility to these claims.

Attached Files
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

So what happened to the "second attack" they were claiming was going to happen on March 4? I think they are just inventing new threats as a way to keep things locked down and demonize republicans.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      So what happened to the "second attack" they were claiming was going to happen on March 4? I think they are just inventing new threats as a way to keep things locked down and demonize republicans.
      And all somebody (Republican, Democrat or whoever) has to do to cause the Dems to pee their pants again is to start an internet rumor that there will be an attack on the capitol.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I believe it will remain up as long as it's politically useful. As long as it's seen as protection against evil republicans, it helps the democrats and will likely stay up. When perception starts to shift on that front, and it's seen as a political negative, they'll take the wall down, talking about how they've kept the country safe.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I believe it will remain up as long as it's politically useful. As long as it's seen as protection against evil republicans, it helps the democrats and will likely stay up. When perception starts to shift on that front, and it's seen as a political negative, they'll take the wall down, talking about how they've kept the country safe.
            I bet it's gone before the midterms, because it would be a solid symbol of "we want OUR wall, but that wall on the Border needs to come down".

Comment

Haven't you heard?

New QAnon Theory Predicts Trump Will Return in April as Easter Bunny

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Issuing a bold new prediction, QAnon followers declared that Donald J. Trump would return on April 4th as the Easter Bunny.

According to the theory, which has been spreading like wildfire on the Internet, on Easter Sunday, Trump will hop over the White House fence and begin hiding brightly colored eggs on the South Lawn.

At the Capitol, Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene confirmed that Trump’s reappearance as the Easter Bunny was “a real thing.”

“Donald Trump is the Easter Bunny,” she said. “Joe Biden is not the Easter Bunny.”

When asked what would happen if Trump did not return on Easter as scheduled, Greene revealed that QAnon followers would shift their focus to Arbor Day, when many believe that Trump will return as a Norway spruce.

"It ain't necessarily so
              The things that you're liable
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life
              Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Haven't you heard?

New QAnon Theory Predicts Trump Will Return in April as Easter Bunny

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Issuing a bold new prediction, QAnon followers declared that Donald J. Trump would return on April 4th as the Easter Bunny.

According to the theory, which has been spreading like wildfire on the Internet, on Easter Sunday, Trump will hop over the White House fence and begin hiding brightly colored eggs on the South Lawn.

At the Capitol, Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene confirmed that Trump’s reappearance as the Easter Bunny was “a real thing.”

“Donald Trump is the Easter Bunny,” she said. “Joe Biden is not the Easter Bunny.”

When asked what would happen if Trump did not return on Easter as scheduled, Greene revealed that QAnon followers would shift their focus to Arbor Day, when many believe that Trump will return as a Norway spruce.

That actually sounds like something the liberals would believe, and claim is a serious threat. The whole March 4th threat was nothing but a rumor started by the new Chief of the Capitol Police.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I bet it's gone before the midterms, because it would be a solid symbol of "we want OUR wall, but that wall on the Border needs to come down".
                  It does sort of contradict the claim that walls along the border are a useless waste of resources if you erect them around the capitol.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Yeah, I know - the mob made them do it!

DC forbidden.jpg

Walls, fences, double perimeters and machine guns are for border crossings, not Capitol Hill

More revelations about poor accommodations for National Guard members stationed in Washington obscure the greater insult that they are being used by Democrats as political props to drive a divisive narrative.

Our men and women in uniform are increasingly a solution in search of a problem, there to hide the catastrophic security failures of the Jan. 6 riot but more to perpetuate the sick notion that the American right is a threat to national security.

We know from history that police states share several characteristics. Americans are watching those play out today in our very own Forbidden City.

The Communist Chinese used the pandemic to create chaos and Democrats have seized the moment to restrict constitutional freedoms, including freedom of speech, religion, movement, commerce and other basic features of our democracy.

In a classic case of psychological projection, Democrats who accused Donald Trump of being a dictator, are being exposed as the real authoritarians. Arbitrary, unscientific lockdowns and COVID-related state surveillance, restrictions on worship, the destructive cancel culture and the militarization of Washington, D.C., are all part of an un-American pattern of behavior.

Police states justify their power by inflating internal threats and demonizing groups. Democrats are doing the same.

We’ve been told repeatedly since Jan. 6 that there are credible threats to the safety of those inside the U.S. Capitol. Nancy Pelosi has even suggested that there are Republican members of Congress who are an “enemy within.” Yet, acting Capitol Police Chief Yogananda Pittman has not been forthcoming with information that would give greater credibility to these claims.

Two thoughts:

1 - The Jan 6 attack on the Capitol was a very serious attempt to subvert the transfer of power in our democracy and should not be taken lightly. The people who instigated, planned and executed this attack should all be prosecuted and punished. This should also be thoroughly investigated, and that should include investigation of right wing terrorism in the USA.

2 - I do think that responses to events like this can be overkill. After someone with a shoe bomb tried to get on a plane, we have since had to remove our shoes to get on a plane. A stupid ritual. In the current situation, the Capitol should be protected as long as credible threats continue and until the right wing threat is fully evaluated and neutralized.

When I first moved to DC, anyone could just walk into the Capitol and go sit in the gallery of the House or Senate chambers. This has not been possible for years.

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post

Two thoughts:

1 - The Jan 6 attack on the Capitol was a very serious attempt to subvert the transfer of power in our democracy and should not be taken lightly. The people who instigated, planned and executed this attack should all be prosecuted and punished. This should also be thoroughly investigated, and that should include investigation of right wing terrorism in the USA.
                      I don't believe it was a serious attempt to subvert the transfer of power - I think it was a bunch of people who got carried away and devolved into a riotous mob - a small portion of a much larger crowd that did NOT enter the Capitol - and every single one of those who acted illegally should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

I absolutely condemn this violence, while the violence all summer long is dismissed by the same people who want to prosecute these people, but overlook the riots and the mayhem caused by the "mostly peaceful" protesters who looted and burned and murdered.

I believe BOTH situations should be fully investigated with fervor. You cannot say the same thing.

2 - I do think that responses to events like this can be overkill.
                      How refreshing!

After someone with a shoe bomb tried to get on a plane, we have since had to remove our shoes to get on a plane. A stupid ritual. In the current situation, the Capitol should be protected as long as credible threats continue and until the right wing threat is fully evaluated and neutralized.
                      WOW - something on which we can agree! The Israeli government does a fantastic job of responding to this situation because they don't allow the political pressure prevalent in our country to dissuade them from PROFILING --- they're not worried about yanking gramma out of her wheelchair and interrogating her -- they know what they're looking for and they aggressively pursue it.

When I first moved to DC, anyone could just walk into the Capitol and go sit in the gallery of the House or Senate chambers. This has not been possible for years.
                      My wife and I visited the Capitol (about 8 years ago now?) and were actually invited by the Capitol Police to come enter the Capitol and sit in the gallery and watch the proceedings.

Comment

That actually sounds like something the liberals would believe, and claim is a serious threat. The whole March 4th threat was nothing but a rumor started by the new Chief of the Capitol Police.
                        I suspect that any individual [liberal or otherwise] with even half a brain working would recognise satire when they came across it.
                        "It ain't necessarily so
                        The things that you're liable
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life
                        Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

I suspect that any individual [liberal or otherwise] with even half a brain working would recognise satire when they came across it.
                          Given the number of times Babylon Bee has been fact checked, you suspicion doesn't look so good.

Comment

And that's why we don't expect the Dems to do other than have another meltdown when they read stuff like that.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Maybe that's why Facebook actually FACTCHECKED and blurred a cartoon I posted which was satire.

Comment