Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

How many Americans have died from covid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I know of too many cases locally that were reported as Covid deaths that were not - and I hear reports from people all across the Country with the same suspicions, or actual examples.

Unfortunately, you are correct - I know of no way to find the actual truth. It seems that Covid deaths will be grossly over-reported in some cases, but like the case of NYC - they can be purposely UNDER-reported for political expedience.

Liberals have everything to gain by making Covid as absolutely horrible as they can. We even have one poster who described it as a "raging pandemic" when all the numbers show that it's slowing down.
    It's not just the number of deaths, but the number of positive cases. One case (I suspect there are more) occurred where a person made an appointment to get the test, got to the testing site and there was a horrendous lineup, so the person went home without the test.

Imagine her surprise when she got a phone call 24 hours later to inform her that she had tested positive. She asked how that was possible since she didn't have the test, and she was told that it didn't matter. If she had made an appointment, then she was positive, was what she was told.

And Todd Friel, from Wretched Radio, had 4 tests, 1 was negative and 3 were positive. Yet the case count was increased by 3.

So there is a real mess somewhere, along with all the confusion about how we should all be behaving.

Of course, I don't expect kccd to accept any of this, since it is after all, anecdotal. Although she likes to throw anecdotal stuff of her own into the mix.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

It's not just the number of deaths, but the number of positive cases. One case (I suspect there are more) occurred where a person made an appointment to get the test, got to the testing site and there was a horrendous lineup, so the person went home without the test.

Imagine her surprise when she got a phone call 24 hours later to inform her that she had tested positive. She asked how that was possible since she didn't have the test, and she was told that it didn't matter. If she had made an appointment, then she was positive, was what she was told.

And Todd Friel, from Wretched Radio, had 4 tests, 1 was negative and 3 were positive. Yet the case count was increased by 3.

So there is a real mess somewhere, along with all the confusion about how we should all be behaving.

Of course, I don't expect kccd to accept any of this, since it is after all, anecdotal. Although she likes to throw anecdotal stuff of her own into the mix.
      Absolutely!!! Our local testing site made it very clear to me that my FOUR positive tests counted as FOUR SEPARATE cases. Our city workers were required to have a negative test after dealing with Covid, so they were required to test every 48 hours until they tested negative.

When it was appearing that they never would test negative, and the city really needed them back to work, they changed their "guidance" to say "no symptoms for 48 hours", or a release from a doctor.

Meanwhile, MULTIPLE city workers had NUMEROUS positive tests, each counting as a separate case.
      I was at a commissioners court meeting a couple Tuesday mornings ago where the Director of our Medical Services said they had 7.5 times more positive tests than they have employees.

The conclusion was that there were an extraordinary number of false positives.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
        The adjustment to the numbers was reported -- i think it was by the CDC. The report was that only 6% were actually covid-19 alone. Somewhere I heard it could be 20% attributed significantly to covid-19. So it may be a number 42,000 to 100,000 based on that. We see that there were many cases where the doctors just avoided patient rooms who were suspected of having covid-19. We also see the avoidance of successful treatments like Hydroxycholoroquine and Ivermectin. Use of these would have reduced deaths by 60% (https://hcqlost.com). There also was financial incentive to mark deaths as being covid-19. Maybe we could say 50,000 have died of covid-19 (or maybe the reduction applied to a larger number) and most other lives could have been prolonged and been decent. There is a whole mess of politics involved plus the failure of the medical system to support the use of life saving treatments.

I don't know anyone who had sickness beyond cold or flu levels of sickness. It seems the novel coronavirus is an opportunistic virus that can act severely on those with other diseases that weaken them.
        These have been shown to be ineffective against covid. No reputable doctor would provide these to covid patients.

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post

These have been shown to be ineffective against covid. No reputable doctor would provide these to covid patients.
          It's not at all unusual for people to come up with their own ways of dealing with Covid that are not endorsed - even discouraged - by WHO and CDC.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I know of too many cases locally that were reported as Covid deaths that were not - and I hear reports from people all across the Country with the same suspicions, or actual examples.

Unfortunately, you are correct - I know of no way to find the actual truth. It seems that Covid deaths will be grossly over-reported in some cases, but like the case of NYC - they can be purposely UNDER-reported for political expedience.

Liberals have everything to gain by making Covid as absolutely horrible as they can. We even have one poster who described it as a "raging pandemic" when all the numbers show that it's slowing down.
            Yes it is slowing down. People continue to behave in ways that mitigate spread, and more of us are getting vaccinated.

Comment

Yes it is slowing down. People continue to behave in ways that mitigate spread, and more of us are getting vaccinated.
              And I'm actually part of the group that is providing thousands and thousands of vaccinations in our area of Texas, such that people are coming here from all over Texas and beyond. We're way past the "only persons 65 or older, or high risk".

Comment

There is NO doctor more "reputable" than Harvey Risch.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I used to be able to Google mortality trends, on a year-by-year basis, but I can't find any that reach 2020. The CDC is not supplying the information.
                  As of three months ago, this page showed year-over-year total deaths were up by about 300,000.
                  Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

You are rejecting a whole mess of scientific studies in your claim. Are you more knowledgeable than all the scientists and medical doctors who have done these studies? You can start reviewing the studies at https://c19study.com and point out where the studies are inaccurate or have been done wrong. So far, no one has found specific faults with the studies. Some people have complained that these were not double-blind studies. They are expressing a preference for only one type of study while denying that less demanding studies can also give accurate results. Please identify where the studies have failed to provide reputable doctors with reputable information. Otherwise, your position is biased and senseless.

You make it sound like the reputation preserving doctors are those doctors who do not care about patients being healed.
                    Last edited by mikewhitney; 03-07-2021, 11:46 PM.

Comment

It's not at all unusual for people to come up with their own ways of dealing with Covid that are not endorsed - even discouraged - by WHO and CDC.
                      The Hydroxychloroquine had recently become supported (or not rejected). I forget which group (CDC or WHO) changed their position on this in recent times. Again, if the scientists and medical doctors doing these studies are wrong, please identify where the problems with the multitudes of studies done on Hydroxychloroquine, Vitamin D, and Ivermectin. Otherwise, we promote experimental covid shots over against the safe treatments just mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

As of three months ago, this page showed year-over-year total deaths were up by about 300,000.
                        I found this graph that shows heart disease and cancer deaths plummeting at the end of 2020, while covid deaths spike.
                        https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...th-yet-again1/

41E809FD-D593-42D8-92EEC80EC67B0FBA_source.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

If the number of covid cases is artificially high, the that makes the covid death rate artificially _____

Do you know the answer?

Hint: simple mortality M is the <number of deaths>/<number of cases>

What happens to M if <number of cases> is too large?
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Absolutely!!! Our local testing site made it very clear to me that my FOUR positive tests counted as FOUR SEPARATE cases. Our city workers were required to have a negative test after dealing with Covid, so they were required to test every 48 hours until they tested negative.

When it was appearing that they never would test negative, and the city really needed them back to work, they changed their "guidance" to say "no symptoms for 48 hours", or a release from a doctor.

Meanwhile, MULTIPLE city workers had NUMEROUS positive tests, each counting as a separate case.
                            I was at a commissioners court meeting a couple Tuesday mornings ago where the Director of our Medical Services said they had 7.5 times more positive tests than they have employees.

The conclusion was that there were an extraordinary number of false positives.
                            Without calling into question your honesty in reporting what you believe you were told, based on what is the reported standard from the CDC - and multiple other sources - It is unlikely what you were told (or read) actually reflects what is being done.

In support of my conclusion, consider:
                            ---

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/v...9-9a0417650cec

Do two positive tests for the same person count as two cases?
                            ANSWER:
                            No. Each person who tests positive is counted as one case, regardless of how many times he or she takes a test that returns positive.
                            SOURCES:
                            Centers for Disease Control and Prevention- "Testing Data in the U.S." "Cases and Deaths in the U.S." and "CDC COVID Data Tracker"

https://www.whas11.com/article/news/...4-19082f2320b3
                            The state reports total tests and total cases separately.

https://www.nbc15.com/2020/07/15/you...ore-than-once/
                            Health officials say no matter how many times you receive a positive COVID-19 test result, it will only be counted for the first day you tested positive.

https://www.co.merced.ca.us/Faq.aspx?QID=804

Does an individual who tests positive for COVID-19 twice get counted as two positive cases in the Merced County Confirmed Cases?
                            No, individuals who test positive twice are only counted as a single a positive case in the Confirmed Cases.

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/...c-6ddea82999a0

VERIFY: No, a person who gets multiple positive COVID-19 tests is not counted as multiple cases

https://wlos.com/news/news-13-invest...nted-each-time

North Carolina’s Public Health Department also confirmed that the individual would only be counted once, saying they assign each person an ID number to track multiple tests.

My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

If the number of covid cases is artificially high, the that makes the covid death rate artificially _____

Do you know the answer?

Hint: simple mortality M is the <number of deaths>/<number of cases>

What happens to M if <number of cases> is too large?
                              If other deaths from other causes during covid are counted as covid deaths, then that makes the actual number of covid deaths lower if the case numbers are artificially high.

Please don't patronize me.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Without calling into question your honesty in reporting what you believe you were told, based on what is the reported standard from the CDC - and multiple other sources - It is unlikely what you were told (or read) actually reflects what is being done.

In support of my conclusion, consider:
                                ---

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/v...9-9a0417650cec

Do two positive tests for the same person count as two cases?
                                ANSWER:
                                No. Each person who tests positive is counted as one case, regardless of how many times he or she takes a test that returns positive.
                                SOURCES:
                                Centers for Disease Control and Prevention- "Testing Data in the U.S." "Cases and Deaths in the U.S." and "CDC COVID Data Tracker"

https://www.whas11.com/article/news/...4-19082f2320b3
                                The state reports total tests and total cases separately.

https://www.nbc15.com/2020/07/15/you...ore-than-once/
                                Health officials say no matter how many times you receive a positive COVID-19 test result, it will only be counted for the first day you tested positive.

https://www.co.merced.ca.us/Faq.aspx?QID=804

Does an individual who tests positive for COVID-19 twice get counted as two positive cases in the Merced County Confirmed Cases?
                                No, individuals who test positive twice are only counted as a single a positive case in the Confirmed Cases.

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/...c-6ddea82999a0

VERIFY: No, a person who gets multiple positive COVID-19 tests is not counted as multiple cases

https://wlos.com/news/news-13-invest...nted-each-time

North Carolina’s Public Health Department also confirmed that the individual would only be counted once, saying they assign each person an ID number to track multiple tests.

Firstly, your opening comments are certainly calling CP's honesty into question, so stop playing semantics.

Secondly, what about those reports where people who make an appointment for a test, don't show up, and get notifications that they are positive?

Thirdly, guess what? I don't care about what the "experts" you've cited say. Do you really think they are going to admit that they've been fudging the numbers?

Comment